It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEIRD! A Pack of cats attack a woman and dog in France

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That woman should be lucky she was attacked by feral cats instead of a pack of dogs. I doubt she would come out of that alive.

I love all animals, so much so that I made a career out of caring for them. Cats are unique, I will give you that. But please don't turn this into a cat-bashing thread. I have 2 cats that are the most loving pets I have ever had!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I have never heard of such a thing...A woman and her poodle were attacked and injured by feral house cats....

Also we need a forum that comes under the title of "WEIRD"!

The 31-year-old woman sustained several injuries on her legs and arms, including a nicked artery. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment, while her pet poodle, which was also wounded in the cat attack, was separately transported to a veterinarian clinic.

How about a feral pussy forum?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by madmac5150

My brother and I have both decided that we can't be in serious relationships with girls that really like cats. Just too different type of person. Dog person or it's pointless to even go on a date.

That's too bad, you're seriously limiting yourself. I have many friends who felt the same way until they met 'The One' and she had a cat. What's really neat is these guys ended up loving their girlfriends' cats, too.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by madmac5150

My brother and I have both decided that we can't be in serious relationships with girls that really like cats. Just too different type of person. Dog person or it's pointless to even go on a date.

When I met my wife she was a "cat" person, having never owned a dog, all it took was one puppy that you know actually paid attention to her and showed its unconditional love to her 24/7 to convert her.

Now her response to cats "they are selfish little bastards" when compared to dogs.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I bet there was a reason for why they attacked her. I'm not saying it might be a good reason. I'm just curious about exactly what she was doing right before the 'attack'.

reply to post by benrl

Originally posted by benrl

When I met my wife she was a "cat" person, having never owned a dog, all it took was one puppy that you know actually paid attention to her and showed its unconditional love to her 24/7 to convert her.

Now her response to cats "they are selfish little bastards" when compared to dogs.

Cats have individual personalities.
Dogs have individual personalities.
People have individual personalities.
No need to segregate & discriminate.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I was attacked by a male feral cat. It was a stray hanging around my house because my daughter kept letting it in. Started off it was just a vicious little thing. I hated it. One day it was trying to attack my female cat. I intervened to protect her by picking her up. It got so pissed off at me. It was like it was suddenly possessed by a demon, hissing, swatting and jumping up unbelievably high. It kept jumping and going for my head. I was fending it off with a kitchen chair, to protect my face. I've never seen a cat jump up that high before. It was going for blood, like it was hellbent on killing me. I had puncture wounds and scratches all over me. Had to go to emergency.

They attack when they feel threatened or scared. Maybe in the op case they were attacking her poodle and she did what I did, tried to save her pet.

ETA

Aside from that incident I'm a cat lover. I learnt my lesson to never intervene in a cat fight.
edit on 28-7-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Mwah ha ha ha! It begins! Get them my pretties!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
MAybe the woman smelled of kibble. I own ,well I have 8 cats that own me. One of them bit my leg a few years ago. Thru & thru the jeans right into my calf. 4 nice litte holes and a real big bruised spot. No, I did'nt kill him. He's still my buddy and keeps the garden cleared of all un-wanted vermin. He bit me because I was dumb enough to break up a cat fight...

I have two that are about 18lbs apiece, and I know that if they all wanted to attack in mass, there's little a grown man could do to stop it, let alone a woman. I have watched them stalk the deer that come close to the house. They are affraid of the cows in the pasture...go figure. If their aliens, then they are from the planet " Nappy Time" because sleep is what they do best.. I am asked alot as to why I have 8 cats, I answer it the same each time. When I was 13 yrs old I was camping out and saw a shooting star, I wished to be surrounded by this wish and have a harum, I should have been a little bit more specfic as to what type I wanted to be surrounded by, I got surrounded by 8 pussy-cats. Not what I wished for, if you can get my meaning. Love my cats, natures little killers, quite remarkable animals.

edit on 29-7-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Originally posted by violet

.....One day it was trying to attack my female cat. I intervened to protect her by picking her up. It got so pissed off at me. It was like it was suddenly possessed by a demon, hissing, swatting and jumping up unbelievably high. It kept jumping and going for my head. I was fending it off with a kitchen chair, to protect my face. I've never seen a cat jump up that high before. It was going for blood, like it was hellbent on killing me. I had puncture wounds and scratches all over me. Had to go to emergency.
You forgot to mention the extremely evil look in his cold dark eyes.....

I too learned that lesson the hard way. Close to the exact same thing. Younger male cat. Older female. He was always messing with her, but she wanted nothing to do with him. Sometimes, he would smack her on the ass, then take off running. lol I had forgot about that till now.

One night, they were fighting inside one of the lower kitchen cabinets. I reached in and pulled him out. Not exactly the wisest choice I've ever made. Blood pouring out from all 4 of my limbs, and some scratches on my back. A couple times, while he was mid-air flying towards me, I actually even punted/kicked him back into the wall, but he wouldn't stop.

I had an extra room I used for storage various items in boxes & in bags. I grabbed a trash bag full of either clothes or maybe blankets, and used that to smother him and hold him down while I grabbed the duct-tape and pliers that just so happened to be conveniently visible in a box near me.

He may have won Round 1, but that was all. I won the fight. Rounds 2 & 3 were definitely all me. Round 2 that night, and then in Round 3 the following day, I had some assistance from the Vet who chopped off his balls, and finished the job of pulling the rest of his claws out.(The pliers were unable to complete the task).

That may sound mean, but I don't think of it that way. On that night, anything less than death was me doing him a huge favor, strictly out of kindness. That was quite a few years ago. We're still friends now. I love him more than other people.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I completely agree that we need a "Weird" forum. Heck, as dumb as I is I could probably contribute to that one.

Nice find S&F

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join