It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evening beer and shots--> saddle on up to the bar []

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by madmac5150
reply to post by badgerprints

The best "drinking" assignment was definitely Germany... oh, the memories... and a few nights I don't remember all that well...
edit on 28-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Jose Cuervo is NOT a nice man... I must write this 100 times...

BITBURG!!!!!
Ein Stubbe bitte!

Korea 88-89

Germany Just 91
edit on 28-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

Bitburger!!!

Spangdahlem, 1990-1992 (with 11 months deployed to SW Asia of course)

Remember the local saying? "If you drink Bitburger, you pi$$ Budweiser"...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

The best "drinking" assignment was definitely Germany... oh, the memories... and a few nights I don't remember all that well...
edit on 28-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Jose Cuervo is NOT a nice man... I must write this 100 times...

BITBURG!!!!!
Ein Stubbe bitte!

Korea 88-89

Germany Just 91
edit on 28-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

Bitburger!!!

Spangdahlem, 1990-1992 (with 11 months deployed to SW Asia of course)

Remember the local saying? "If you drink Bitburger, you pi$$ Budweiser"...

Yeah.
American beer is like sex in a canoe!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

No doubt... there are some good ones, but few and far between...

We used to hang out in Lux City and do the "Elephant walk"...

And who could ever forget Parkbrau Pirminator... (except maybe someone that had a few too many Pirminators...)

edit on 28-7-2013 by madmac5150 because: Beer is food

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No doubt... there are some good ones, but few and far between...

We used to hang out in Lux City and do the "Elephant walk"...

And who could ever forget Parkbrau Pirminator... (except maybe someone that had a few too many Pirminators...)

We used to sit on the foot and a half high curb outside of the rathskeller and try to figure out if we should puke before the cab ride back to base or after.

If it was Johnny Walker it was before. If it was Just Bitburger then it was after.
Did I mention I was actually IN Bitburger?
The Bitburger was about half of the cost of anything else.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Were you at Bitburg AB? We used to "go to war" with Bitburg during exercises... until Desert Storm broke out anyway. You cannot beat Bitburger on tap... especially at the Eros Center in Trier at 0530 on a Sunday morning... coming home from a long night in Lux or Belgium, that bar was ALWAYS open

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

yep. I was sent there after D. Storm with some other grunts and we went back to Babysit the Patriot units for D. shield. I was only based at the airbase by default because the ADA units we got attached to were there. We grunts used to sing cadence in the residential areas at 5 am. Really pissed everybody off.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I am sure you figured that I was USAF... retired at 21 yrs...

The ADA guys at Spang used to HATE us. I was an F-4 mechanic at the time (weapons systems)... on a base with a Wing CC that was an F-4 driver... Weasel Jockey... and we got away with just about everything... including offering beer to the ADA guys as they did PT at 0530... which was usually when I got home from work and needed a beer anyway. I had a very angry Sergeant Major try to jump my # one morning, and me and my 1 stripe stood up to him in a very Adrian Cronauer sort of way... he threatened to see my commander, I offered him a ride to the CCs office... alas, he had no flightline credentials... it wasn't to be

Who knows, we could have very well been drinking in the same bars and never met...

Small world...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
By the way,
Best Soju advertising ever.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It's a busted link... wish I could find the pics of my roomie passed out in the tub... that was a soju ad in and of itself

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well my friends, I must call it a night... the bar is still open (24 hours of course)... I will let someone else tend the bottles for awhile

My blessing for the evening is a Chevy Chase quote... "may evil spirits become confused on the way to your home"

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Is it beer:30 yet?

When is Friday gonna get here...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join