Snowden reports that "Killshot" solar flares are imminent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smurfy

Here's a link to a decent source, circa 2010. You will see that 2013 was the NASA forecast date back then.
Except that NASA never predicted a major geomagnetic event would occur in 2013. The article in the Telegraph completly distorted and took out of context what the actual statements were.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's why I said forecast.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

tru... but is such an big one as 1895 needed to shut down all oure electronics?what will be the max. needed for such? that will be the main question

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Nor did NASA "forecast" a major event in 2013.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anyway if the world power knew about a killshot 3 months in advance they would not keep it quiet

They are a few things they could do to prep.

1) Start shutting down and secureing Nuclear power plants any any other dangrous areas that you dont want going haywire.

2) Stockpile a few weeks worth of food and water rations.

3) Send out a a massive campaign asking people to do the same and to turn all electric appliances off while the solar event happens.

4) Shut down the power grid while it passes over.

Why the hell would you keep it quiet? Yeah prepareing would cost a few trillion world wide but better than say keeping queit and watching civilisation collapse.

Now the problem is in the real world (not the wolrd of woo woo remote viewers, crazy phyics and alien/lizzard people/Xenu or what ever) you only get like a few hours warning or at most a few days.
edit on 28-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by The Arbiter of Lies
that thier are solar flares headed for earth that will impact around mid-september killing hundreds of millions and destroying our technological world

Pretty slow solar flares then, if it takes them 7 weeks to get here....
lol The solar flares haven't occurred. They say they have foreseen them never said there on the way or already happened. Ed dames claims he can't see past 2013-2014 with his remote viewing.. And a lot of his predictions were a miss but he predicted a lot too. Such as the Indonesian 9.0 earthquake..the financial collapse..the Japan earthquake and the power plant disaster.. The big prediction Is a killshot in 2013-2014..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by ressiv

Such an event could happen next month, next year, or not for 200 years. There is no way to predict it but there is evidence that they don't occur more often than once in about 500 years.
So you would say its bs that they DID predict major events. They as in Ed dames and the few people he trained in Stargate. Which was backed and funded by the military and/or our government. Remember they got some wrong but a lot was correct.
edit on 28-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Well at first they forecasted that the solar maximum would be In 2012 but the sun was actually less active than normal so they did forecast that the solar maximum would be this year. A major event could occur.. A solar flare could definitely erupt from the sun during its peak activity...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteNite

Yeah but a lot of us rational people dont accept remote viewer and the like as evidence in anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

They forecast all the time, that is the good thing, you missed my point entirely. Funny thing too, A Telegraph reporter who did not do the original story, did his own thing and checked out what the other reporter was reporting, thinking it was drama queen stuff, but came to the same 'conclusion' after checking out Clark, Bamford and Fisher's perspectives. In at least one of those people's statements it was theorised on the Sun in the manner of earthquakes and that after a period of low you suddenly get a major shift, the big one, like the Carrington event, which did have some spectacular phenomenon. The US since at least 2010 seemingly is also doing something about trying increase protection for satellites and software, no doubt on the advice given by NASA or high profile Sunwatchers in general. Trying to shoot this messenger, (Em Wah) in a singularity doesn't bother me a bit, especially in this thread that is unsubstantiated as far 'remote viewing' is concerned, but do not try to tell me that NASA does not have a weather eye open on 2013/2014, at the very least, for their purposes. They have an agenda too.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

A solar flare could definitely erupt from the sun during its peak activity...

A solar flare can erupt at any time but solar flares don't really cause much of a problem (except for satellites).

During solar maximum there is more activity but that doesn't mean the activity is more intense. And, of course, even with a high level of activity, a CME has to hit Earth for it to cause a geomagnetic storm.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

They forecast all the time, that is the good thing, you missed my point entirely.

The intensity of Solar and geomagnetic activity are not forecast for more than three days in advance.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by OpenEars123

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
Since when did solar flares take months to reach earth?

You misunderstand.
These solar flares have not occurred yet.
They were "seen" in the future by remote viewers in the past.
Everybody knows about it and is getting ready except for the most paranoid group of conspiracy theorists on the planet but that's because we just heard about it and are still in the denial stage.

Ummm.. Before I pigeon hole you as a crazy. Would you be kind enough to explain this future stuff being seen by past remote viewers?
Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old please.

Thanks

It's in the article cited by the OP.
Read the article like a five year old and you will understand.
If there are parts you don't get then U2U me.

Crazy Uncle Badger will explain it to you.

Lol! That did actually make me crack up

My bad, i actually overlooked the link in the OP so apologies there.

Having read it, It still sounds like poppycock to me.

I'm more concerned about how you called yourself Uncle Badger.. That's either really wrong or really cool

I'm like Uncle Buck but more physically fit.
And I stopped bowling when I found out it was actually an alien program to test human coordination under the influence of alcohol.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

They forecast all the time, that is the good thing, you missed my point entirely.

The intensity of Solar and geomagnetic activity are not forecast for more than three days in advance.

OMG, I said "all the time", I twisted everything!

Space Weather Enterprise Forum 2010 (Gov) www.nswp.gov...

Building an Informed and Resilient Society – the Decade Ahead

National Press Club
Washington DC
June 8, 2010

* 2010 Space Weather Enterprise Forum Summary Report

Motivation
As we approach the next peak of solar activity expected in 2013, our nation faces multiplying uncertainties from increasing reliance on space weather-affected technologies for communication, navigation, security, and other activities, many of which underpin our national infrastructure and economy. We also face increasing exposure to space weather-driven human health risk as trans-polar flights and space activities, including space tourism, increase.

The Forum
The Space Weather Enterprise Forum brings together the space weather community to share information and ideas among policymakers, senior government leaders, researchers, service provider agencies, private sector service providers, space weather information users, media, and legislators and staff from Capitol Hill to raise awareness of space weather and its effects on society. This year, we will continue this outreach but will sharpen the focus on critical infrastructure protection, with the necessary underpinnings of research, improved products and services, and applications to serve a broad and growing user community. Our ultimate goal is to improve the nation’s ability to prepare, avoid, mitigate, respond to and recover from potentially devastating impacts of space weather events on our health, economy, and national security.

Forum Objectives

Share information across the enterprise and raise awareness for new users, decision-makers, and policymakers; areas of exchange include the following:
New research results
New transitions of research into operations
New products and services
International activities and cooperation
Commercial space weather users and providers
Identify effective approaches to raise awareness in the broader society.
How can the social sciences help?
Identify effective approaches to build resilience across society, particularly in critical infrastructure protection and support.
Improve communication within and external to the enterprise.
Collect information to support a new National Space Weather Program Implementation Plan.
Who Should Attend

Users, operators, and developers of spacecraft, satellite communications, and high frequency radio and radar communications systems.
Users, operators, and developers of global positioning systems and applications.
Users, operators, and developers of the electric power generation system and distribution grid.
Aircrews, operators, and aircraft design engineers for high-altitude and trans-polar aviation.
Human spaceflight managers, astronauts, planners, and engineers including suborbital space tourism activities.
Academic, private sector, and government space weather researchers.
Commercial space weather data and service providers.
Government space weather data and service providers.
Policymakers and analysts in the areas of space, energy, aviation, communications, and national security.
* The report in PDF,

www.ofcm.gov...

Some interesting comments in that, but I won't give extracts in case they could be construed as twisting.

edit on 28-7-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

OMG, I said "all the time", I twisted everything!
In the post in which you linked the distorted Telegraph article you said this:

You will see that 2013 was the NASA forecast date back then.

In the context of this thread it seemed you were saying that NASA had "forecast" a strong event for this year. In the full context of this thread it may have been construed that you were saying that NASA had "forecast" a "killshot".
NASA made no such forecast.

Some interesting comments in that, but I won't give extracts in case they could be construed as twisting.
How about some that indicate the ability to forecast space weather more than a few days in advance, much less years.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

A solar flare could definitely erupt from the sun during its peak activity...

A solar flare can erupt at any time but solar flares don't really cause much of a problem (except for satellites).

During solar maximum there is more activity but that doesn't mean the activity is more intense. And, of course, even with a high level of activity, a CME has to hit Earth for it to cause a geomagnetic storm.
You don't like being wrong, do you? They can cause lots of problems. Such as the carrington event which was described as a solar superstorm. That was a major event. That could happen this year. It could happen tomorrow, the next day or a hundred years from now. Nobody knows when it will happen(even ed dames)but it could be a major event and cause just as many or more problems today as it did in 1859.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They can cause lots of problems. Such as the carrington event which was described as a solar superstorm.

You are confusing a CME with a Solar flare. It is a common error but they are not the same thing.

The Carrington event was a very strong geomagnetic storm. Geomagnetic storms can indeed create major problems with infrastructure but they are not caused by Solar flares. They are caused by CMEs interacting with the Earth's magnetic field.

Solar flares are bursts of electromagnetic radiation (light, radio, x-ray, UV). The have little or no effect on Earth's surface but can damage satellites and interfere with satellite communications.

While they are often associated with each other a Solar flare is not a CME and the effects of Solar flares is very different from that of CMEs.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

They can cause lots of problems. Such as the carrington event which was described as a solar superstorm.

You are confusing a CME with a Solar flare. It is a common error but they are not the same thing.

The Carrington event was a very strong geomagnetic storm. Geomagnetic storms can indeed create major problems with infrastructure but they are not caused by Solar flares. They are caused by CMEs interacting with the Earth's magnetic field.

Solar flares are bursts of electromagnetic radiation (light, radio, x-ray, UV). The have little or no effect on Earth's surface but can damage satellites and interfere with satellite communications.

While they are often associated with each other a Solar flare is not a CME and the effects of Solar flares is very different from that of CMEs.

Im not getting them confused. I mean no offense..A solar flare and/or coronal mass ejection produced a solar storm which hit Earth's magnetosphere and induced the largest known geomagnetic solar storm, which was observed and recorded by Richard C. Carrington. Just before noon on September 1, the British astronomer Richard Carrington observed the largest flare,[3] which caused a major coronal mass ejection (CME) to travel directly toward Earth, taking 17.6 hours. We are both right my friend. No need for either of us to argue anymore. Either way I believe we both agree that no one can predict a cme,solar flare or a killshot flare.. We may get 3 days warning if someone's wants to let us know. But for one second imagine this killshot or whatever it is was going to happen.. Would they see a killshot coming? Would we get a warning?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Would they see a killshot coming? Would we get a warning?

Yes. And yes.
It would be seen because there are several very wonderful instruments watching the Sun closely all the time.

We would get a warning because there are measures that can be taken to mitigate the effects of a severe geomagnetic storm (Like shutting off the power. Extreme, but it would prevent damage to transformers which is the greatest threat.)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage[/

(Like shutting off the power. Extreme, but it would prevent damage to transformers which is the greatest threat.)
Off topic but back when Katrina hit us in Mississippi our town was without power for a month and a half I think. And lines at gas stations were wrapped around blocks. Really did remind me of end of the world movies when people are panicking and scrambling for everything. Terrible times for us down here. But the reason I asked about the warning is you know how movies will have something happening such as an asteroid catastrophe and tptb debate whether they should tell the public. Mass panic and all that. Its just movies but based on things that could happen.
edit on 28-7-2013 by WhiteNite because: Sorry for the italic words.. Tried to fix it but couldn't

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Thank you for mentioning comet ison i forgot about this conversation I had with some Israeli guys dont know if Christian or jewish but they seemed truly afraid that this comet would bring the solar flares and the opening of the seventh seal as mentioned in revalations, so yeah

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join