It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian neo-Nazi ‘Occupy’ group tortures LGBT youths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
*sigh*

Raw Story

WARNING -- Contents Of This Story May Upset You -- Graphic Descriptions

Russian neo-Nazi group calling itself “Occupy-Pedofilyay” has taken to luring LGBT teens with personal ads, then kidnapping and torturing them before making their victims “come out” to friends and family on camera, human rights groups claimed this week.

“Gay victims aged 12-16 are reportedly lured in by the group… led by Maxim Martsinkevich, known under the nickname “Cleaver,” European LGBT news service Pink News reported Friday.

The Spectrum Human Rights Alliance, an LGBT group in eastern Europe, published an image Wednesday of an unidentified young man being held down by two older men wearing all-black. Their apparent victim has a red substance smeared on his chest and appears to be holding a sex toy.

Is this what people really want? Is this how a modern society is suppose to treat TEENAGERS?!

What is wrong with the world today and these nations? It's funny, because the article states that 85% are against same sex marriage and another 40 claim they have a disease. The Russians I know certainly have never expressed those feelings to me.

Worse is the fact that they are preying on teenagers. How much more emotional and physical torment must these kids endure on top of what they already do deal with?

The Russian Government seems to be encouraging this behavior as well, or not speaking out about it.

In any case, this is just purely disgusting, and these people,..well I have no words that the T&C will allow.

What are your thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

edit on 7/27/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well these kids are responding to these ads afterall. It's not like this is the worst thing that can happen to them, if they are duped into meeting strangers this easily, they're lucky pieces of them aren't scattered in garbage bags. Where are these kids parents, not knowing where or what their kids are doing?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As vile as we might find this - it is after all their country and culture.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, many countries that made up the USSR - having gone without religion for so many years - have been allowed to embrace it yet again. If they do not find this offensive, who are we to tell them that it is?

I do not condone what they are doing; however, it is not our place to tell them how to behave.

JMO

Rochester

ETA - Your source could have been a little bit less biased.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Rochester because: add comment

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rochester

Your source could have been a little bit less biased.

I'm a bit confused?

Being biased against children being abducted and tortured? I didn't think we chose sides when it came to issues like that..

however, it is not our place to tell them how to behave.

Well I would disagree with that. They can say anything they want and believe anything they want, they have no right to behave this way.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Man, I hate these threads, all the homophobes in our supposed "free countries" of "enlightened citizens" crawl out from their cesspits to excuse violence against gay people.

Blame the victim, absolve the criminal, as long as it's gay people being attacked, abused, beaten and killed.

I hope the above posters don't have kids, and never have kids in the future.

I don't know what to say about the original piece, other than this is what happens when homophobic laws are passed and the most sick and depraved individuals in a country are given permission by the state to attack others. This is only going to get worse.

Just a couple of days ago I commented on another article where gay people were being beaten up in the street, in plain view of police, and I stated that if I were in Russia I would be seeking to leave before the jack-booted Nazi thugs started dragging people away while the government pretended it wasn't happening.

I really do fear that we are about to see something truly disgusting happen in Russia.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The resurgence of neo-nazism is truly a dangerous thing that has been developing within both Europe and the USSR. I do think it's directly related to desperation and wishing to seek a target to blame for that desperation. The USSR's recent decision basically created a license to hate a specific group of people, making them an acceptable target for derision and abuse. In a way, it's very similar to what occurred with Hitler when he pointed a finger at Jews, homosexual and political dissidents as being "them".

My heart goes out to those teenagers.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

"They have no right...." according to who - you? Have you even been to Russia or any of the other former Soviet republics? Have you personally spoken to the people in the region?

My point is that if you are not there and only gleaning your information from a website that covers the story from the liberal angle, you might not have the complete picture.

I can tell you that religion is a huge part of their culture now, something they did not have before. If they choose to ignore this behavior, it is because the majority agree that this is something they do not want in their society. The Christian Orthodox Religion (prevalent in the former USSR republics) is an enormous part of their society now.

And again, who are we to tell them how they should behave and how they should treat people?

I understand you are in Canada and may feel you have the right to do so, I, however, being an American, am not going to be one to throw stones - no matter how much I personally believe they deserve it.

I personally find the "source" of your information to have a liberal slant and not too forgiving to Christian beliefs. Is it so hard for a social liberal to accept Christian beliefs?

Again, JMO and no offense intended.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I would also direct you to jheated5's comments above.

These "children" are answering adds. This is on them - not the Russian society as a whole.

This is a small group doing what they feel is right according to the culture they are living in.

Why don't you just go over there and tell them how they should behave? If you are so concerned, go over there and "stop the madness".

Publicizing this on ATS is not going to draw worldwide attention - you're just having a rant and want others to agree with you.

And, although we may agree with the fact that what they are doing is WRONG, the fact still remains - it is not our place to tell them how to run their country.

Rochester

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You are absolutely correct, far-right opinions increase in times of economic hardship, there are examples of this happening in various places sine the birth of the Nazis in Germany.

It increased in the 70's and 80's in the UK, and is coming back again, it's been on the rise in Germany over the last five years, we're seeing it taking a stronger hold in the former USSR now.

Whenever there is hardship in a society, people look to vent using religion, class, race and sexuality, attacking each other rather than face the real problems. The problems are blamed on a recognizable minority group within the society, and often one that the powerful want to be rid of too.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and although our own countries are nowhere near that level of violence, we are not immune to it either.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My heart breaks for those kids and for some of the responses seen so far. Human rights violations, and let's be clear that's exactly what this is, is supposed to be unacceptable to all of us. Now that these kids have been targeted, they will continue to be tortured.

How anyone can say kidnapping teenagers, holding them against their will, torturing them by beating them and pissing on them, is cultural, is beyond me... only a sick freak could think that way, I'm sure at least I would hope, that these kids parents agree and demand justice. Last I checked Russia still had laws and regardless of the unpopularity of homosexuality there, I would hope that kidnapping is still punishable.

Ugh, 10^ if you hear of anyway to help these kids, please let me know. I'll be looking myself as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Those kids are ignorant thugs. They are not better than the boy they are ridiculing. They are not even worthy of licking the dog poop off of his shoes. In spite of the sexual gratification they would get from it. I can see another mass murder building in Russia due to the attitude they have towards folks who are different. Is this how it started in Nazi Germany? We can do what we want to these downtrodden souls because the government sanctions it?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

From your source.

Russia has experienced a surge of anti-LGBT sentiments in recent years amid a crackdown on activists that’s seen the parliament pass a law forbidding anyone from equating gay and straight relationships. The country’s highest court also upheld a ban on pride parades in Moscow last year, forbidding LGBT activists from marching for the next 100 years.

This really goes hand in hand with the resurgence of the Church in Russia. Don't think authorities are going to really do anything about this. I would think they will turn a blind eye to it all.

Its simple persecution, and it wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I wish Jesus would come back and slap all these ignorant morons.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, as an American we have enough problems in our own country to keep us busy for the next few decades. The reason everyone hates America is we are always meddling in other countries affairs. We need to fix things here at home instead of trying to force our morality on other nations.

I believe in non-interference unless we are asked for our help.
edit on 2013/7/27 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

The ignorant in that Country have no problem turning a blind eye.. Like in this Country.

Its sad. These are HATE Crimes, period.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Kali74

The ignorant in that Country have no problem turning a blind eye.. Like in this Country.

Its sad. These are HATE Crimes, period.

What do you suggest we do? Attack Russia?

It isn't turning a blind eye, but the US no longer has the resources to police every crime in the world and even if we did I would submit we shouldn't interfere with other countries.
edit on 2013/7/27 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

No but we can boycott the Olympics next year, they're being held in Russia.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That ends up hurting our athletes not the Russians.

It would be pointless.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Not necessarily, Russia has already had to go out of it's way to assure gay athletes that anti-gay laws won't apply to them and had to promise to keep them safe, I doubt this is going to put to rest any fears. Athletes had already been talking of boycotting.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rochester

"They have no right...." according to who - you? Have you even been to Russia or any of the other former Soviet republics? Have you personally spoken to the people in the region?

Yes, when I make reference to having Russian friends, I don't mean people I've read the comments of on the internet

My point is that if you are not there and only gleaning your information from a website that covers the story from the liberal angle, you might not have the complete picture.

And I would agree with you. Luckily I don't do that.

I can tell you that religion is a huge part of their culture now, something they did not have before. If they choose to ignore this behavior, it is because the majority agree that this is something they do not want in their society. The Christian Orthodox Religion (prevalent in the former USSR republics) is an enormous part of their society now.

I didn't now being religious absolved you from acting like an animal. I'm very aware of the social changes occuring within Russia.

And again, who are we to tell them how they should behave and how they should treat people?

I understand you are in Canada and may feel you have the right to do so, I, however, being an American, am not going to be one to throw stones - no matter how much I personally believe they deserve it.

Did you just insinuate that Canadians feel more entitled, to tell people, in other countries, what to do and how to act, when compared to Americans?

Here's the problem with the not throwing stones theory. The fact of the matter is, that sometimes people act in ways that are so reprehensible, their reasons don't matter and the idea that my opinion as a human being matters less than some other guy, because he was born somewhere different, isn't a good one.

I personally find the "source" of your information to have a liberal slant and not too forgiving to Christian beliefs. Is it so hard for a social liberal to accept Christian beliefs?

I'm starting to think you're under the impression that I'm anti-religious? I'm not.

I'm non-religious.

I don't hate religion, I'm simply appaled by those who do evil things in it's name, like kidnap and beat up teenagers because of their sexual orientation. Or for any reason for that matter.

The 'source' doesn't matter if the information presented is factual. People often mix up opinion with fact.

I accept all your Christinan beliefs. At least the ones good Christians I know cherry pick because the rest would make them look like the manson family otherwise. Religion isn't actually a bad or dangerous thing, unless people who are bad and dangerous to begin with, cling on it and use it as their 'carte-blanche' to commit acts of violence on people.

This is a small group doing what they feel is right according to the culture they are living in.

So that makes it OK?

Why don't you just go over there and tell them how they should behave? If you are so concerned, go over there and "stop the madness".

Well that's a loaded question.

Publicizing this on ATS is not going to draw worldwide attention - you're just having a rant and want others to agree with you.

Right, so we don't do little things anymore. We only do things if we know 100% it will create the exact change we seek to promote right? No point in even talking about it..

the fact still remains - it is not our place to tell them how to run their country.

Asking them to not assault people for their sexual orientation has nothing to do with " how they run their country ".

I'm sorry, but there's a certain standard that exists for how people are supposed to treat eachother. I'm certainly not of the mindset that voicing and demanding proper treatment of people in my community, country and anywhere else that humans live, is a bad thing.

Or a waste of time.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join