It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beeeezzzzzz Attack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thousands of Bees Attack North Texas Woman, Kill Horses .

The insects are suspected to be Africanized bees.

www.dallasnews.com...

I remember learning this in high school (which was a very long time ago) the spread of hybrid killer honey bees. I also I remember this graph( en.wikipedia.org...:Killerbees_ani.gif ) in the 90's when the year end was yr 1999. just imagine what 2013 looks like.

#searching for updated info#

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
While sad, I have to wonder.

IS CCD effecting Africanized honey bees as well? anyone out there know?

Cause if not, well we may need to leave them alone.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDanFreeman

Sure sounds like African-ized. Swarming bees are more aggressive during swarming as their queen is out in the open. The part in the article that described the bees hovering over them while submerged in the water is supposed to be one of their traits (they're smart). And they don't relent.

European honey bees will swarm and also attack if threatened but I don't know of many cases where they sting people and animals to death. They back off. But Africanized keep on coming.

Poor little horsies...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I clicked on this thread expecting to read about rabid rabbits! lol.

However this is way more confronting!

Those poor people and animals!
Such a sad, hopefully - one-off random event.

I do hope Monsanto is not involved in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This happens in the Phoenix area a few times a year. Not so much with animals but with people. Usually the person or people disturb the hive but the bees are really aggressive.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Having a bad day or is this how you usually talk to people?

If this is your normal demeanor I'm sure you have a lot of friends.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Made me remember that movie called "Savage Bees" when a volkswgon covered in bees drove into the superdome and they lowered the temperature to get them off the car.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Below are two links with some excellent info on these little buggers...

Back in 1957, some 26 queens from a subspecies (Apis mellifera scutellata) of African honey bees native to the African nation of Tanzania, were accidentally–or, according to some researchers, intentionally–released in southeast Brazil following research by the biologist Warwick E. Kerr into the behavior of such bees in the forests of tropical South America. It was widely believed at the time that such bees would produce more honey and survive better than the European honey bees then being imported throughout the Americas for use in crop pollination and honey production.

Africanized European Honey Bees in Texas

Africanized Honey Bee Maps

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I read a story this past June, where a swarm of Bees attacked and killed a man in Texas while he was on his tractor. He apparently ran into a pile of wood, containing a hive of about 40,000 Bees.

A Texas man was stung to death after he drove his tractor into a pile of wood that concealed a hive of 40,000 "killer bees," authorities and family members said Sunday. -

"He had thousands and thousands of bee stings on his face and arms," his daughter Tanya said.

Goodwin died Saturday when the Africanized honeybees swarmed him after his tractor struck a pile of wood that included an abandoned chicken coop where the bees had built their hive. The hive encompassed 22 honeycombs harboring an estimated 40,000 bees.
usnews.nbcnews.com...

To anybody who lives there, - I advise you BEE on the lookout.

Lolz.

For real though. I'm serious.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One of the horse names was "Chip".

Hmm...

V-Chip anyone?

You know there were stories in the Old Testament of animals being inspired. Whales swallowing men like Jonah.

Donkeys being inspired to manipulate their mouth and tongues to be able to talk like human beings.

I suspect that the stories of animals fleeing from earthquakes isn't simply a matter of extra-sensory perception but could be inspiration.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thousands of Bees Attack North Texas Woman, Kill Horses .
This is not good and can have many causes.

Heat can be one of them,extreme high temperatures.

Also magnetic anomalies can be cause in insects and animal behaviour.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Beeezzz attacked and killed things
I didn't think Beezzer had it in him. Getting bad when you can't even trust a rabbit nowadays

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Got mixed feelings about the bees. We kinda need them.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Don't like bees. Don't like bees or honey that much, it was only ever good in bourbon anyway. And that lead to no good.

Bees. Those little flying buggers of pain and incessant indirect aim. Up and down, left and right, and still somehow right at your head. I don't like bees.

The sooner we rid the planet of all bees the better. All bees. They're satanic. They shouldn't even be able to fly anyway. A blowie sold his soul to the devil one day and said "Make me a real prick! Let me lure them with my sweet sticky glue, and then when they least expect it, I'll sting those stupid humans. Sting 'em good." and it was done. The bee was created..

I don't like bees. Does not help that the next door neighbours have a really nice big yellow flowering tree that all the bees just love. Occasionally I'll get maybe, 50 or 60 decide my curtains are nice fancy flowers. Oh Hello mr Human, We didn't notice you sleeping there. Oh sorry about the sting, think about it from my perspective, Im going to die now. Have a good day.

I don't like bees.... these African ones ... god almighty, kill them all!!!!!

damn hippies

edit on 27-7-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Years ago was at a water park standing in line to get on a ride. All of a sudden people started screaming and ducking for cover. Looked up and there was a black cloud of bees flying about 10 ft. in air - they didn't attack anyone - just flew overhead but quite scary.

If they did decide to attack you would have no chance escaping.
edit on 27-7-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When I was stationed at DMAFB we had a swarm settle on the intake lip of one of our A-10s... one engine run took care of that

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

poor woman, besides the attack, watching an animal you love being killed before your eyes and undoubtedly audibly with agony. How awful.

on another note..

Dear God NO... SYFY is gonna come out with a wave of stupid killer mutant croc piranha 3 headed shark bee hornet zom---bees..

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
While living in Southern CA & working as a Lic Vet Tech we had a client bring
her Sheltie dog into the emergency hospital. They were both attacked by African
bees. The owner & her dog were soaking wet as they had jumped in a swimming
pool. The bees will wait & they did...the dog was covered in bees & was in anaphylactic
shock. We entubated the dog & did everything possible to save her.
Unfortunately she didn't make it & when we extubated the tube was full of bees. The
owner had multiple stings & had to go to the hospital.

Very disturbing to see & I didn't realize we had them in Los Angeles area & just a loud
noise can make them mad enough to attack.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The bees also killed five hens, and stung the couple's dog.

Wow.

As a horse owner myself, this is just terrifying. Nothing they could do.

top topics

join