It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, So we're in big trouble... what now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by denybedoomed
This might not be rational, but I always thought that somehow gathering all the big players in a room and giving them some heavy hallucinogens might be a start.

Funny, I've always kind of thought they must already be on hallucinogens to think that the things they do are right.

The only thing they are tripping on is power, and they are drunk with it.

link   
Dbl post.
edit on 27-7-2013 by benrl because: stoopid keyboards sticking.

link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Which begs the question, what do you want to know for?

It has occurred to me that some might wonder that.

Honestly, I was just in a bit of a wondering mood after glancing over the new topics section of the site and noting all of the "Uh oh, look at this!" posts that continuously pop up, and it made me wonder if there were any legitimate ideas out there on ATS to make things better, rather than to keep hitting the panic button.

Oh I know. Me too. Whats the solution. I'll tell you. Its going to be messy and bloody. Like cutting cancer out of the body. But hey, hallucinogens might be worth a try first (if you lock the doors).

Meanwhile, keep hitting the panic button. People can't wake up if they don't have the evidence in front of them.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Then they are having some bad trips!

Thinking about it, they're not in the right mindset already. I imagine they all have low self esteem and are paranoid enough . . . I recant my idea. Might cause more problems.

OR get em all waaaaay out there, stage a UFO landing, roll up in some alien suits and be like, "you better shape this ish up or we're going straight Death Star on your butts."

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Meanwhile, keep hitting the panic button. People can't wake up if they don't have the evidence in front of them.

My thought on this is that t appears to me that no amount of evidence will be enough to snap most people out of the funk that they are caught in.

They could almost be considered a non-entity in the event of a revolution of any kind. As long as their lives are not dramatically interrupted, they will hardly take notice of the events around them.

One day, A man could approach a podium, with his supporters cheering in a wave of sound, he'll raise his hands to calm the noise and look into the cameras facing him and say "Hello, America! I'm your new leader. We didn't bother with an election, We just removed the bad elements from the government and We are going to make it all better." and not many people would do more than to look at the person next to them and say "Well, he better not try and take my cable away, 'cuz if I can't watch the game on Sunday, there'll be hell to pay.", or "As long as that stuff I ordered online shows up on time, I couldn't care less."

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

There definitely seems to be a cycle that we're all trapped in. I wonder if it is something ingrained in us naturally, or is it something that we were taught, and in turn, teach our children and so on.

An even bigger question (for me anyways), is can we break that cycle without getting caught up in yet another cycle that isn't much different from the one we're in currently?

That is assuming the 'majority' the mob even wants that people are corrupt, and so many just think it's fine to take the easy way out.

I do not see a bright future for that very reason as already said a cycle they created, a cycle most do not see, because they don't want to see.

We are in big trouble, going to even get bigger when people let themselves willfully, and wantingly be manipulated for self gratification.

My opinion others will vary.

Bingo, Neo96. Something occurred in the 1970's with society in what society, as individuals, cared about. They, for a variety of reasons, basically shifted to a "me" focus. By the time the 80's hit, "me" was the most important thing to the mass majority of people. People did not feel so affected by politics or the actions of nations as a whole though they would be quick to comment on various political issues without proper investigation. The end result of this transformation of a nation is what we have today. Bubblegum society who cares more about what happens to them and is half blind of the road that is opening up before us. I've run experiments via a blog to see what hits and misses with society in terms of views (I'm considered to be a very gifted writer so attracting with language was the easy part). Each post that I have made has been on very pertinent and current issues. The irony is that the most viewed and popular blog post was on the quality of blue jeans (7000 views). In second place on popularity is a breakdown of congressional spending (1000 views). Third's theme is free speech (400 views). Pretty depressing.

People aren't asleep. They simply don't see how things will affect them. As long as they are allowed to carry on with their lives, living them as they see fit, they are content. They see as far as the end of their nose. There will come a time where things are going to sour in a major way but it's unlikely to be in the form of martial law. It'll be when their quality of life has declined so precipitously that they will no longer be content. In terms of generations, the Baby Boomers are screwed and they don't even know it yet. Really, I'd say that there is not a whole lot that can be done at this point in time but wait and see. It's not to say that people should not be proactive. They should be but the number one thing that they should be doing is finding out just precisely what has happened with society, how the change within society has altered our political arena, and the techno-oligarchy. There is so much that was done, especially in the 70's, to both Baby Boomers and Gen X. It's really up to the Millenials because they are the ones that are already feeling the issues and have the size to take on the Baby Boomers.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This might not be rational, but I always thought that somehow gathering all the big players in a room and giving them some heavy hallucinogens might be a start.

Oh yeah, because doing precisely that worked out so very well for the Free Speech and Anti-War movements in the 70's. Do you know who they grew up to become? The problem.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Throughout my time here on ATS, I have seen an extremely vast amount of "Our government is doings this to us now" threads, especially from American citizens.

These threads could pertain to politicians overstepping their authority, bypassing the constitution or brainwashing of the public-at-large; the content of each post isn't overly important with regard to this particular thread.

Instead of complaints, whining or alarm sounding, I would like to ask people to put forth their issue regarding the state of things here in the U.S. and then provide what they personally feel is the solution to that issue.

I'm curious as to how many people can actually come up with rational ideas to solve the perceived problems of this country.

So, what's your beef, and how would you like to see it fixed?

Its really not rocket science.. Outlaw Lobbyism in our Government, All senators/house of reps. Need to have term limits, maybe just one or two terms thats it..

Move the capital...

Thats just what I can come up with in the last 2 mins..

We also need election reform, we need less lawyers and more geniuses in our government..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

We also need election reform, we need less lawyers and more geniuses in our government..

I would say no lawyers in our government at all. That hasn't worked out too well in my opinion.

As for the geniuses thing, Geniuses aren't generally known to be very good with people. I say, less eggheads and more 'blue collar' people.

***EDIT*** to qualify my last remark, I'm a "genius" (going by I.Q. however, when it comes to interpersonal issues, I'm pretty close to a dolt), and I can't stand people, I'd probably be a terrible leader, but a gifted politician.
edit on 7/27/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: addition to text

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I would say no lawyers in our government at all. That hasn't worked out too well in my opinion.

As for the geniuses thing, Geniuses aren't generally known to be very good with people. I say, less eggheads and more 'blue collar' people.

***EDIT*** to qualify my last remark, I'm a "genius" (going by I.Q. however, when it comes to interpersonal issues, I'm pretty close to a dolt), and I can't stand people, I'd probably be a terrible leader, but a gifted politician.

Have to agree with the last couple bits. I, too, am supposed to be a genius and although I can "do okay" with interpersonal relationships (I'm a great mimic) and am purportedly charismatic to the extent where I have been pushed toward running for office time and time again, I'd be unlikely to do that because I have my "dark side".
Pretty damn sure I would turn into this:

|

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

IQ means jack and # when it comes to morals and being reasonable.

IQ is just a small measure of what actually makes up intelligence, you can be high on the IQ scale and low on rationality. Or the reverse low on IQ high on rational thought, IQ is thought to be an outdated measures of true intelligence.

The only true way to reign in our reps is term limits and lobby/campaign finance reform.

Their should be set maximums on how much can be spent to "get elected" ad's etc, hell id say a set number of signatures gets you on the ballot with an aloted amount of "free" AD time to run your platform.

OH and heres a revolutionary thought, if the MEDIA did its job and reported real news we might not need any of the above.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
god damn sticky keyboard, dbl post.
edit on 27-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well it doesn't hurt to entertain the idea. That was the general public, and I don't doubt that Leary played right into their hands. It worked exactly how they wanted it to. But you give the bilderberg group some heavy stuff, and who knows what would happen. Maybe give them some perspective? Maybe make them lose their minds. I don know, I didn't say it was rational.

You're the genius here!

-dbd

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The media is in GM's pocket. Like white Alice said, people need to get to the root of why we are what we are. Reflect on how we got where we did, the problem is . . . Hey did you see those new jeans!?!? They're super dope hella chill bro . . .

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'll give you my answer in a metaphore.

Imagine a slab of meat falling into a meat grinder.. one at a time. It passes through, fills a tub, which is then removed and an empty one put in it's place for the next slab of meat.

A stack.. no... a wall of meat falling into a meat grinder.. The grinder comes to a complete halt.. those slabs of meat on the bottom ground into mush, partly filling the empty tub, while the rest of the meat above it safe and prevailed against the grinder which now, no longer works.

Right now... We have just simple slabs of meat falling into the grinder.. one at a time.

Snowden
Aaron Swartz
Lucia & Leo Krim and Nanny
Rafael Prieto
Andrew Breitbart
Christopher Hargrove
Hastings

Those guys are all simply just single slabs of meat, falling into the grinder one at a time.

Let's say that wall of meat comes one day... one day... who wants to be at the bottom? Who wants to sacrifice when you dont know if anyone else will follow to at least help in halting the grinder? No hero's in such a mad tragedy of the commons.

Lets face it... we live in a sad world all around. I know I wouldn't want to jump off a bridge and feed myself to the gaping hole if I knew they no one was behind me to eventually fill the void. A single soundless cry soon forgotten.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It may seem that the government is in big trouble, but it has been in big trouble since I was young. The only thing that has changed is that the national debt has got bigger. The income tax reform that has occurred did not make it better, I remember when almost all the states were in the black, but with reform now the banks own them. The same thing happened with the feds. They didn't reduce spending, they shifted spending to businesses. This shift was initially cheaper but it became more expensive in the long run. I remember when you had to do something at the court house and you didn't have to pay. I remember when the cities collected garbage and disposed of it with tax dollars. I remember when the schools never begged for money, the funding met their needs. They had money in the bank. I remember when the DNR had money saved to do projects, but now they have to spend it or they get that much deducted next time from their allowance. We are so messed up that it is rediculous. I guess we are actually worse off than before.

The national debt is a big thing. It is way more than they are telling us or the people that are lending to the country. Thing is, almost all nations are doing the same thing. Just because everyone is doing something doesn't make it right.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

While I agree with your assessment of I.Q. in a personal sense, someone with a low I.Q. would certainly have an issue understanding complex issues. (I.E. it isn't an 'all bad' means of measurement).

Either way, I don't think I.Q. would necessarily help in the running of government, I feel that experience with real world problems would far exceed I.Q. in application where determining which laws should be passed and how.

As far as government goes, lawyers are good for one thing, finding loopholes in the legalese, and exploiting them. I would imagine that a common man would put forth a law that is straightforward and easy to understand and would require little to no further 'interpretation'.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well it doesn't hurt to entertain the idea. That was the general public, and I don't doubt that Leary played right into their hands. It worked exactly how they wanted it to. But you give the bilderberg group some heavy stuff, and who knows what would happen. Maybe give them some perspective? Maybe make them lose their minds. I don know, I didn't say it was rational.

You're the genius here!

-dbd

It was more than just Leary. One of the things that I've looked into over the last few years has been how deep and far ranging the "human potential" aka psychedelic aka creativity movement was felt, which was the primary basis for the ingestion of hallucinogens. Government sanctioning of the creativity movement actually continued throughout the 70's through various programs in some of the most unexpected agencies like the Dept. of Education. At the risk of losing people, a very long time ago there was a sociologist and political scientist by the name of Edward A. Ross who wrote books on both social psychology and control. One of the ideas that he coined was the radiant points of social convention or, alternatively, control and the genius is one of those points. Well, guess where they aimed the crosshair for the creativity movement at within the Dept. of Education along with a great deal of discussion and hand ringing about "character building". The problem with the Creativity Movement or EST as the mass consumption sans hallucinogenic variant was is that it basically is the process of psychological dissolution. The end result, which was perverted into a sense of "enlightenment" or "self actualization", actually results into the disengagement from the concerns of society. Almost a quasi-sociopathy. The problem with doing the same with the Bilderberg Group or whomever is that, due to the higher incidence of sociopathy being prevalent in "the powers that be", they would still, at the end of the day, be sociopaths.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
stop blowing money on dumb pentagon ideas and spend it on clean energy and new technology. they hold a lot of patents. let go of them and get people excited again about possibilities. stop cutting education because they can't afford their wars. accept that china has a huge economy and be a real global partner.

People will defend their country IF THEY HAVE A REAL REASON

Stop making the american people look like fools and educate them.

In other words, get out of syria, get out of afghanistan. stop letting the pentagon rob us. let people buy cheap chinese cars and clean energy so we won't be complaining so much about job loss and gas prices.
Educate america on what we have done so the world doesn't see us as stupid. Stop jacking up the agriculture market and let's grow some real food for ourselves and to help pay our debts.

Like I have said, there is loads of work to do if it weren't for the stumbling blocks and control freak ideas.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Beautifully said.

There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.” Mario Savio

There's a reason why they found Savio so dangerous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join