It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopes rise for X-Files 3.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
During the question and answer session to commemorate the 20th anniversary of The X-Files at the San Diego Comic-Con 2013, Chris Carter gave a hint that the alien storyline could finally be addressed in a new X-Files movie.
Personally this is the most excited l have been about a potential movie release in a long time as after the disappointment of the last effort everyone deserves a film to do this game changing saga justice.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27/7/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

Hell yeah! Huge x-files fan.

I was so excited when I saw Netflix had it. Started all over again. Never did watch the seasons with the T-1000 in them. Spooky cannot be replaced.

Snf

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I just wish they'd start up the TV series again. My life would be complete...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Why did they wait so long, why???

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have to admit I miss the x-files.
It was pretty cool getting a weekly mystery and conspiracy fix.
Now it's pretty simple.
Half the planet has a computer and every one of them has a different idea about every conspiracy or mystery out there. Doom, gloom, anger, blah,blah,blah....

The x files knew how to take things seriously.

edit on 27-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In an odd way I think without the X-files we would have no ATS.
Loved it I hope they bring it back.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If they go back to the whole ET mytharc I would be down for this.

I still want to believe..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
After Molder went off to do Californication I don't think X-Files will ever mean what it once did . . .

Bow chika!

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I was expecting an X-files movie to finish the 2012 Mayan thing they started. Too late for that.

The X-files is my favourite TV show of all time. We were left with four very watchable seasons and a handful of classic episodes after that.

The first episode I saw was the first episode of the second season, 'Little Green Men.' I stuck with it all the way to the end, to season nine. Those last five seasons wore me out, and although I've liked other shows, I've never been able to be involved in a show to the same extent.

I've always preferred the stand-alone episodes to the conspiracy episodes, but they were enjoyable too. They threw everything and the kitchen sink into that conspiracy. Where else would Nazi war criminals have anything to do with bees and small-pox vaccinations?

The conspiracy wasn't resolved neatly, because David Duchovny took off with his settlement money. So, I'd like to see it wrapped up.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I read this post while I was watching the Kitsunegari episode on season 5
been streaming the whole series

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Why did they wait so long, why???

Because the 2nd movie flopped

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

The x files was heavily influenced by the night stalker. id rather they remade the nigh stalker.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The Night Stalker was a great show. I remember reading about it when I was an X-Phile, and then had to see the show. Watched all the episodes. In a way, there are a lot of shows that use it for inspiration. Take Fringe for example, and their freak of the week format. Supernatural is another one using the same formula.

I wish Dresden Files would have done better. Bet if remade today, it would. Was a bit ahead of its time really, for the audience, and wasn't marketed well.

With Fringe gone, the next "Freak of the Week" show could do really well. If on at the right time and day, and marketed properly.

new topics

top topics

join