It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter: US "has no functioning democracy"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I am proud of the former President.

I have always thought he was a decent man who loves his Country.

We should a rally behind people speaking truth to power.

I'm sorry but a closer examination of the narrative would find him a tool of the Tri-lateral commission. He may have been a 'good guy' but that does not negate the fact that his 'goodness' and strong beliefs on human rights were used as a selling point to get the American people to vote him into office.

Zbigniew Brzezinski was running the country under Carter.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Cuervo

Not to mention that he believes in aliens. Put all that together and now I'm thinking he's mod on here.

Which means what exactly?

Sorry, I'll reword it to make it as straight forward as possible:

"Not to mention that he believes in aliens. Put all that together and now I'm thinking he's mod on here."

Better?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have always thought he was a decent man who loves his Country.

We should a rally behind people speaking truth to power.

And I thought I was the only one, but looking at your stars...guess not.

He had intergratity, what ever anyone else wants to say, he is one of the very few with integratiy.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Yes. Integrity. That's the word I was trying to think of when I couldn't think of how to describe a guy who armed as
many dictators in 4 years as Reagan did in 8. I'm sure the 200,000 deceased East Timorese would agree as would the Honduran and Nicaraguan victims of death squads. Everything he's done since 81 will never make up for all the horror strewn through his miserable 4 years in office. And thanks to his treatment of the Shah(who was no angel either) we now get to deal with a sweet Persian Theocracy who may or may not be trying to build nukes. Boy I do love me some leaders with integrity.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I'm sorry but a closer examination of the narrative would find him a tool of the Tri-lateral commission. Zbigniew Brzezinski was running the country under Carter.

Whenever I read things like "I am proud of the former President" I always wonder...

Do people have ANY idea who really runs this world?

Do people honestly believe that the "President" is actually running things?

I'm guessing too many of us are spending WAY too much time staring at a TV set.

The dynasty we need to worry about at this point is neither the Clintons nor the Bushes. The main concern today is an extension of the Brzezinski dynasty. Zbigniew Brzezinski, founder of the Trilateral Commission, member of the Council on Foreign Relations, and RAND Corporation operative, personally selected Carter as president of the United States in the mid-1970s. The resulting 1977-1981 Brzezinski Trilateral administration was an unmitigated catastrophe, leading to two decades of severe political reaction from which this country has not recovered.

rense.com...

The Trilateral Commission: Usurping Sovereignty

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

following Snowden’s disclosures last month, several publications including the Huffington Post and the German Der Spiegel speculated that the Jimmy Carter was aiding the NSA’s surveillance of citizens’ communications in the U.S. and Europe.

This is from another article published the same day! Obviously it is about the submarine USS Jimmy Carter. IMO this article was written on purpose to distract from Jimmy Carter's extremely important statement: “America does not at the moment have a functioning democracy,” Carter's message was not reported in english language MSM and first appeared only in german Der Spiegel. The article about the USS Jimmy Carter has all the necessary keywords to confuse and distract people searching in english for a confirmation of Carter's statement or keep them from discovering it by "accident"! Keywords like: Carter, Snowden, NSA, Spiegel...

The article: The Navy’s underwater eavesdropper
edit on 28-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Agreed... Let's all forget about anything important.. so we can focus on Trayvon.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

Certainly your comment is valid, but the fact that he made this statement lends greater support to those outside the reigns of power.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Democracy is just a euphemism for 'Mob Rule' anyhow. Tyranny of the Masses, two wolves and sheep etc etc etc. That is why America was conceded as a 'Republic' . Collectivism sucks Carter and so do you, LOL. What a mass psy-op.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

He's gotten less senile in his old age.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
well i'd hope not since the US is a constitutional republic not a democracy, it's all this 'democracy' nonsense that has put this country in danger of social collapse, has put us on the path to empire and is leading us to a military police state.

democracy is destroying this country.
edit on 28-7-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What a bunch of hair splitting crap...

We are a Constitutional Republic of democratically elected representatives (lower case "d").

We are also a Nomocracy...the rule of law...well...we used to be anyway.

If you want to be d-bags...fine...but you know what he meant.

Our elections are freaking fraud...our representatives are no longer "elected"...the are "selected" by the mega corporations and the elite. You know this................ so stop acting like idiots
edit on 7/28/2013 by Damian65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

Yeah it is a large part of the problem. Our reps don't really rep us, but even if they did, when it get's to the federal level all that work would be over ruled when voted on democratically. We really need more autonamous states.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I wonder why we even bother to Use the term "democracy" anymore as Any sort of measurement whatsoever?

Heck, you can't even get away from Group Think Controls on Forums, cough, cough, uh hmmm,

It just seems to be such an antique dated term. Maybe, we should replace democracy with, friendly Vanguardism, not so friendly Vanguardism, to DICKtatorship.

There, That's better.

Makes more sense now. Don't mind me just pondering these things of late. I'm going back to my hot tea and my book Clockwork Orange. Kind of reminds me of This place for some odd reason.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Fact is US has a functioning demo-CRAZY.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Who the hell do people think signed the FISA Act in to LAW ?

Who?

FISA

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 ("FISA" Pub.L. 95–511, 92 Stat. 1783, 50 U.S.C. ch. 36) is a United States law which prescribes procedures for the physical and electronic surveillance and collection of "foreign intelligence information" between "foreign powers" and "agents of foreign powers" (which may include American citizens and permanent residents suspected of espionage or terrorism).[1] The law does not apply outside the United States. The law has been repeatedly amended since the September 11 attacks.

Jimmy Carter that's who and the US is not suppose to having a 'functioning democracy' we are meant to have a functioning constitutional republic where FISA Acts don't get created.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Looks like Carter had his Ike moment he and his handlers made the "Security/Industrial Complex" possible.As another poster said we do not have a democracy we have a Fascist Oligarchy.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
For those who don't remember, ( Most of ATS) Jimmy was one of our best Presidents before it all went to Hell.

He's right and yet he's wrong because he's using the wrong terminology. He should have said we have no functioning republic. This country is based on a Republic NOT a Democracy.

A democracy is CRAP. Most people don't know the difference and ignorantly think we are a democracy - we are NOT. It is the corrupt government through propaganda that has tricked everyone into thinking we are a democracy because if everyone believes that garbage, then the government will have more power over us.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo.. you surprise me. the FISA as originally instituted was a good thing.. it has in recent years been corrupted - can't blame Carter for that.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We're still a Republic, but unfortunately, that Republic is now of and for the corporations, not the people. Has been for years.

Likewise, it isn't like this spying is new. Was happening on his watch too, just a lesser scale.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join