It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite actor of all time.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Mine would have to be John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

Always enjoyed watching their movies time and time again.

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I like Patrick Stewart most of all. I've only ever seen him in Star Trek TNG, but that was enough for me.

I also like Bob Hoskins, for the fact that he did his characters so well that I was actually surprised to learn that two of them (separate movies) were the same actor. As though the physical resemblance wasn't already enough of a tip-off...

edit on 27-7-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My favorite actor is Audie Murphy because not only is he an actor but also a real life action hero

Second Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by six tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to a prepared position in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, one of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire, which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machine gun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from three sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad that was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued his single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way back to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack, which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I gotta go with Orson Welles. Citizen Kane, A Touch Of Evil and The Third Man are just too awesome. IMO it doesn't get much better than those.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Some that haven't been mentioned yet:

Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine in Sleuth
Ernest Borgnine in Marty (a truly unique actor)
Sigourney Weaver in Alien
Sean Penn in The Thin Red Line
Gene Hackman in Unforgiven

edit on 28-7-2013 by ionwind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Possibly the greatest film ever made. Pure art. I used to be buds with a guy that ran a pirated movie channel with a pretty large chatroom presence and if chat got out of hand he would play that until people calmed down.

I used to hate Leonardo DiCaprio because all the girlies liked him, but I think he's my favorite. One of very few people I would be starstruck by. I have slight bro crush.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Love Sam Elliot because he's Sam Elliot
Enjoy Gregory Peck. I do like Tom Hanks. I also think back at Robert Redford and Paul Newman and in retrospect, really like their films.

Current actors - Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm going to sample a quote from that movie for an intro to a metal song. It would sound sweet on an album.

It starts at 8:45

I'll leave him talk till he says traitors then a riff can start, a slow one with drums and a buildup.

Then when he says TAKE HIM OUT, that will echo until it builds into

LIES WILL NOT SUSTAIN A TYRANT with the riff just going and the drums, yes I can already see it now.

This must be random for you. It's okay, you'll see in a couple years and you'll be like oh, he was serious.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
No, it's gotta be Sacha Baron Cohen.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
George W Bush as the banjo playing kid in Deliverance...just brilliant...

Å99

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Al Pacino.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Every US president since JFK and every UK primeminister since churchill

All are equally as talented and definitely the best actors in the history of everything!
edit on 29-7-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
You guys have all mentioned some great ones......

Here's a few that I don't think I saw......apologies if I missed em...

Obvious: Samuel L Jackson. Such an awesome presence on screen how can you not love this dude.

Awesomely weird: Christopher Walken. He's just so weird you gotta love any movie that he's in. I'm also a fan of Tom Waits for the same reason, and they are both in the movie "7 Psychopaths"

Not enough females mentioned so far: Meryl Streep!!! She's arguably the best in the biz. No one mentioned her yet?

Bigger than ever: Robert Downey Jr. Always a stellar performance from this guy...

You'll hate on me for saying it but: Tom Cruise. I swear, he gives it his all, and even does his own stunts most of the time, at 51!!! Yeah I know the guy is a total nut job, but you gotta admit, he's a solid actor.

My hat's off to actors who are terrible but have somehow managed to maintain a career: Keanu Reeves, Arnold,

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
IN ORDER -

1 - Al Pacino
2 - Vincent Price
3 - Robert Downey Junior
4 - Jodi Foster
5 - Daniel Day Lewis
6 - Johnny Depp
7 - Nicholas Cage
8 - Olivia de Havilland
9- Helena Bonham Carter
10 - Tommy Lee Jones

Honorable mention to - Owen Wilson, Chrisian Bale, Viggo Mortensen, Mel Gibson
and Abbot and Costello.

John Wayne is, of course, in a category all by himself. He's 'above' the list.

edit on 7/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Cary Grant.
"Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant." -Cary Grant

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cleoxpatera

I heard that

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Cristiano Ronaldo. Or Rivaldo.........

Or does that acting not count?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Cristiano Ronaldo. Or Rivaldo.........

Or does that acting not count?

Yeah, I have changed my mind about my favourite actor.......I also agree that Ronaldo is probably the greatest actor of all time....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
You guys do have "Taste", so many fine actors mentioned here. I loved the comment on Cary Grant, I myself would like to be Cary Grant, he was the best looking actor.
My favorites would have to be...

Jeremy Brett of the UK in his TV series of Sherlock Holmes, he gave this role character.
Johnny Depp in almost anything, so much character in this guy.
Sean Connery
Gene Hackman

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A very very VERY tough one baddies make the goodies shine.
As a duo Pat Morita and Ralph Macchio.
As for baddies probably Bolo or Dolph Lundgren..
What they hell they all rock!
Limbo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join