It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Goes Oops Upside Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Super Racist’ Head Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Goes Oops Upside Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Super Racist’ Head Again

On Friday night’s All In with Chris Hayes, Hayes delivered a rebuttal that included, among other things, the revelation that O’Reilly’s argument bears a striking similarity to that of the neo-Nazi main character in American History X.
Hayes hit all the right notes in rebutting O’Reilly’s relentless racial “realist” campaign to blame black people for being gunned down, pointing out that poverty, not race, is the main predictor of violent crime, and reiterating the fact that black activists and liberals actually do care about urban violence, but he offered a few wrinkles that were especially noteworthy.
One of them was that he noted the sick motivation behind conservatives’ sudden concern for black victims of urban violence. “For him, this really isn’t about his interest in helping the actual human beings being killed on Chicago’s South Side,” Hayes observed. “No. It’s about making a point. A point about the propensity of black people to commit violence, and then tossing them aside as violent people with little discipline who are unsupervised and prone to imitate bad behavior.

“Black Americans commit homicides at a rate ten times greater in the United States than whites and Hispanics combined,” O’Reilly says, “and until you address those kinds of statistics, then you’re always going to have fear and you’ll always have mistrust.”
Setting the sickness of the premise aside, though, Hayes brings along some states of his own. “There are about 200 million white people in America, making up about 63% of the population,” he said. “In 2010, 1,179 white people were killed by black people. Compare that number to the roughly 20,000 white people who died from accidental poisoning, 16,000 who died from accidental falls that year, or the 2,000 or so white people estimated who died from accidental drowning. In other words, Bill O’Reilly, you have more reason to be afraid of your own swimming pool than any young black man you see in a hoodie.”

This is for all those racist who used Bill O’Reilly racist rant as a topic and for those who cheered him on.

These are the facts you all decided not to bring to the debate. You would rather praise another racist for stereotyping blacks than actually have a discussion about race.

Dark people are not all bad but try tell that to a right winger not all but most and they will tell you they are not racist, and then have a ton of stats to show how bad dark people are..

edit on 27-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: Forgot link

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i have a thread on it here. i'm white. not liberal or conservative, although i lean conservative on some issues and liberal on others, when it comes to human beings, i'm not a political party, i'm a human party.

healing of the african american people
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You can call Bill O' racist all you'd like but until someone shows where his stats were factually wrong? The worst I see is a questionable choice of topics for a monologue and set of stats to share.

I stopped listening to Bill O' regularly a few years ago but primarily because he'd become TOO timid and too much the corporate toad to the topics he'd avoid and the softball treatment he'd give guests. He values his access to things like Political interviews and inside scoops more than true in-depth looks at the topics.

Racist though?
That takes a stretch that would make an Olympic athlete hurt to watch. I think Bill O' dreams in legalese and wakes every morning to a little checklist of how not to get sued or do anything to get hurt on ratings.

Quoting stats that highlight a racial issue isn't racist and if the stats are THAT bad (and they are) then the Black community has a serious issue to look inward with ....not start throwing names around at anyone who would have the nerve to point out what's happening with numbers to back it. Just my opinion...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

We cant have any sort of serious race discussions talking about accidental falls and drownings. This is pure comedy.

Oh and Bill is a racist for pointing out facts? But this other guy wants accidental deaths to deflect. comedy.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

1 - You didn't provide a link to your 'quotes'. We need to have a link with those. Thanks.

2 - We can only see what you quoted from the article and not the whole thing because there is no link. But what we see from your quotes is silly. It's deflection. It doesn't counter the points and facts O'Reilly stated. It's impossible to do so.

3 - O'Reilly isn't a 'super racist'. He's not racist at all.

4 - And what O'Reilly said was dead on correct. (I don't like O'Reilly .. but he nailed it this time)

5 - MSNBC??? Really?

edit on 7/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed number

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I see Chris Haye's debate skills are non-existent. Deflecting the two-sided racial comparison of violent deaths with the one-sided racial comparison of violent death vs. accidental death misses the point entirely!

And the presentation of the statistics have nothing to do with one race's fear of the other, no more than it had to do with one race's fear of vehicles and pools!

This OP proves (as so many other posters prove) that there is a severe problem with reading comprehension with a large percentage of the general public. However that is ALSO not the topic being debated by either O'Reilly or Hayes. I call this kind of debating 'sandbagging", as when you have no facts to support your disagreement, you try to make the opposition look petty with totally unrelated comparisons and attacks against the presenter of the argument that you fail to disprove.

Why this comparison is off the point? The point is violent death being subjected on others reflecting a problem that is more prevalent in one racial group as opposed to the other, NOT accidental death imposed on one's self reflecting a lack of caution or an external fault.

No score for you, OP!

And WHO flagged this post? With the Hayes comments, this post, and the flag, that makes at least three examples of poor comprehension and knee-jerk attacks based on nothing but their own prejudice against the facts, in this one thread alone! Just because some are offended by O'Reilly pointing out the truth doesn't make them right. If you cannot discuss a truth for fear of offending, then REAL problems will never be resolved.

And a clue for the OP: The point is that there is a problem that causes the difference in violent deaths, and that problem seems to affect one race disproportionally more than the other. Has nothing to do with vehicle safety. water safety, etc. One problem does NOT relate to the other, much like apples and oranges being fruit does NOT make them the same thing.

Now, had Chris Hayes taken the same statistics, and made a two-sided comparison of some other issue that relates and shows the same disproportions, then he would have demonstrated an argument that could be discussed and that could point to a remedy (example - comparing the difference in percentage of racial violent deaths to a percentage of racial poverty and showing a similiar relationship). But he DIDN'T, therefore all Hayes did is show his dislike for O'Reilly. And the OP did the same, repeating the SAME mistake (or maybe NOT a mistake, but an ATTACK).

Chris Hayes fails in his comparison, and so do you by taking it as a legit argument.

HINT - for the posting of this exchange to be of value, the OP should have pointed out what I said, and made the suggestion for Hayes to use better facts to deflect the opposition, and then this post might get my flag and star. But agreeing with Hayes' faulty logic and biased attack only gets my disdain and genuine pity for the OP's bias and lack of comprehension.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Whow, I didn't even note this was on MSNBC, the broadcaster of bias, the king of deflection, the prince of prejudice against fact!

And the network of the lack of comprehension!

Waste of bandwidth and airspace.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
if poverty causes violence, the Appalachians and Ozarks would be war zones.
O'Reilly's main points stand; black girls have babies out of wedlock, and black boys leave school and get involved with gangs and drugs. this leads to poverty, and is in no way the fault of whites.

millions of African-Americans do stay in school, work and succeed, giving lie to the outside-causes-of-failure arguments.
between this poverty debate and events like the Trayvon trial, I really worry there's going to be a white backlash soon, and that could be ugly. I think this whole generation of whites has bent over backwards to accomodate blacks, and the whites feel that their efforts are being unappreciated and wasted.
it's getting harder and harder for politicians to demand financial and professional sacrifices from whites that are barely making ends meet.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
reply to post by FlyersFan

Oops the link...MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Goes Oops Upside Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Super Racist’ Head Again

Oh yeah you right wingers don't like MSNBC...too much facts brought up..you prefer FOX...the mouth of right.

Jon Stewart Reads Off Laundry List of False Statements by ‘Lying Dynasty’ Fox News

Fox News Accidentally Debunks Their Own Lie

Fox News Lies and Gaffes: The 5 Biggest Blunders of 2012

Fox Has Absolutely NO Journalistic Ethics, And Here’s A LONG List Of Their Lies

And WHAT does this have to do with the facts of the disproportionate statistics of violent deaths inflicted by different racial groups? NOTHING.

This was a post about how Hayes successfully countered the arguments by O'Reilly, however the argument only showed Haye's total failure in comprehension of what O'Reilly was saying.

To make the quoted post a good comparison in itself, you needed to present the laundry list of MSNBC distortion vs. FOX distortion. After all, that is all the OP actually proved with the one example (that MSNBC cannot argue and willingly distorts facts), and I am SURE there are more!

Proved my point AGAIN. Thanks.
edit on 27-7-2013 by lakesidepark because: clarification for the comprehension-deficit

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Last week I found an article in regards to FOX news, they overwhelming supported Obama with donations.

I bet good ole Bill even voted for him, ever seen the fluffy interview, gag me.

I saw though that a long time ago.

Another thing, If Bill was a racist why would he offer advice to help the black community?

edit on 083131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly's file

A Compendium Of Bill O'Reilly's "Lies, Distortions, & Right Wing Buffoonery"

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly caught blatantly lying on the air

Dr. Boyce: Why Bill O’Reilly cheers the death of Trayvon Martin

O’Reilly cheered the death of Trayvon Martin because for him, most urban Black males are dastardly, frightening beasts, unworthy of the decency that one would give a fellow human being. While a man like O’Reilly would shudder to imagine his own children dodging bullets on the way to school or rotting in prison for minor crimes, he somehow believes that this is the life that Black men CHOOSE to live, no different from the way he knows that his dog enjoys being in the backyard, covered in mud

But hey..Bill is all of a sudden one of the best journalists to have ever existed because he showed some stats and this just prove what the right wingers thought all along blacks are evil and out to get the white man.

BUUUUT..he is wrong..blacks kill each other more than they kill whites...meaning that whites have nothing more to fear from them than any other group.

FBI Releases 2011 Hate Crime Statistics

Fifty-nine percent of the 5,731 known offenders were white; 20.9 percent were black. The race was unknown for 10.8 percent, and other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.

2012 not out yet.
If anything blacks should fear whites.

Racial bias

71.9 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.
16.3 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.
5.2 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
4.8 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
1.9 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias.(Based on Table 1.)

Bill said that there is a reason whites fear blacks.What was that reason again?

Total arrests

White - 69.2 % = 6,578,133
black - 28.4 % = 2,697,539

223,553,265 Approx. whites in America
38,929,319 Approx. Blacks in America

Crime stats per race by population when compared a basically even...meaning blacks and whites commit pretty much the same amount of crime.

So Bill once again full of it. Black do not commit more crime. It would appear in some cities they do..but in general no.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs
if poverty causes violence, the Appalachians and Ozarks would be war zones.
O'Reilly's main points stand; black girls have babies out of wedlock, and black boys leave school and get involved with gangs and drugs. this leads to poverty, and is in no way the fault of whites.

Yeah because white children never do this.

Your living in a dream world if you truly believe that blacks do this more than any other race. It just gets covered up better in white communities.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You deny there is a problem in the black community?

However I will tell you the community that is in just as much trouble, young white males, they get totally ignored, they can't find jobs either and no one cares.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Onslaught2996's posting and replies ahve nothing to do with disproving any facts, it is simply showing that the OP has a prejudice against facts and a bias against the source of facts.

Arguing the distortions of Fox or any other network does not disprove the facts - that there is a problem of violence that is disproportionate in the races.

The OP is offended that this fact was pointed out by someone he has a bias against, and will support any attack (no matter how unrelated).

This is why we cannot resolve these problems. Therefore the disproportionate amount of violent death will continue untill a larger percentage of both races recognize this is a problem and discuss the real solutions, and quit trying to discredit the messenger.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm not denying anything. I am saying that all groups have people have their bad seeds.

Should we judge all religious people on Westbro?

Should we judge all Mexicans by the drug cartels?

How about whites by the Klan?

If not then why should we judge all blacks by the bad ones. We should deal with people as individuals not groups.

I also wonder why blacks and any other race other than white are always judged by the bad ones and never the successful ones by the right.

This is what happened when Martin was killed. He was judged by what other blacks did not by him. A white preacher or pastor (not religious myself so I have no clue what he is)Jim Wallis said ..".there is no denying that if my white 14 year old boy had been the one out that night, he would have come home that night"
edit on 27-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: OOOPS

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are more whites, so mathematically, whites commit more total violent crimes than blacks. Therefore, mathematically, whites are to be feared more than blacks. I tell you what scares me the most about white people. Being out on the road with them. The VAST majority of drunk drivers are white. When are we going to talk about that little "white" problem?

Arrests, by Race, 2010
◾In 2010, 69.4 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.0 percent were black, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
◾Of all juveniles (individuals under the age of 18) arrested in 2010 in the Nation, 66.3 percent were white, 31.1 percent were black, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
◾Nearly 70 percent (69.9) of all adults arrested in 2010 were white, 27.5 percent were black, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
◾White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 59.3 percent of those arrests.
◾The percentages of adult white and black arrestees for murder were similar, with 50.0 percent being white, and 48.0 percent being black.
◾Juveniles who were black accounted for 50.5 percent of juvenile arrests for violent crimes.
◾Juveniles who were white accounted for 64.0 percent of juvenile arrests for property crimes.
◾Of juvenile arrestees charged with driving under the influence, 91.2 percent were white.
◾Juveniles who were white accounted for 75.4 percent of juvenile arrests for arson in 2010.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

I am disproving the supposed facts that O'reilly said. The lie that blacks commit more crime than any other race.

As for the out of wedlock stuff that happens all over the place..it is just covered up better in the white communities. It is also true that it is on the rise in the white communities. He is correct that there is more out of wedlock births in blacks, but fails to mention that number is dropping and also it is rising in whites.

An Analysis of Out-Of-Wedlock Births in the United States

By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites

From the late 1960s to the late 1980s, the number of births per unmarried woman roughly doubled for whites, but fell by 5-10 percent for blacks. The fraction of unmarried women rose about 30 percent for whites, about 40 percent for blacks. The fertility rates for married women of both races declined rapidly (also, of course, contributing to the rise in the out-of-wedlock birth ratio)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Exactly there are more whites. So your chances of being killed, robbed, raped..etc. by whites are more likely than by blacks.

So why not fear whites more than blacks?

edit on 27-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: OOPS

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

That problem does need to be discussed. But not in this post.

The OP premise is that a commentator of MSNBC sucessfully countered an arguement of the commentator of FOX, and presnets an argument that only shows the lack of fact comprehension of the commentator of MSNBC.

Since then there has been a lot of deflection to take this post far away from the discussion of the problem being pointed out by O'Reilly, and NO discussion of whether this problem is real.

This is a waste of a thread, and the only reason I respond, is not to show any support of FOX or any dislike of MSNBC, but only to point out the problem that this posting represents - which is a total lack of the ability of many people to comprehend and discuss a problem, and the tendency of people to attack, distort, or deflect the discussion of problems and inconvenient facts that make them uncomfortable.

You don't have to like O'Reilly or FOX to agree that the fact presented is true. So tell me - is that fact true, or do you have statistics that prove violent death is not a disproportionately larger problem with the black community?

Discussing other problems do nothing to address this issue, unless you can prove the two are related, and so far I have seen no one present any other issue that is related.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join