It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This week marks my 2nd ATS anniversary, and i am extremely grateful for it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Before i begin this thread, i want to make sure that everyone knows i do not intend to come off as arrogant or narcissistic with the following.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello one and all,

My second ATS anniversary has recently passed; and while i consider it to be a short time of roaming these boards, i am mighty grateful to still be here. Why? Because to be honest, i have no idea how i am still here.

I started here just like any other poster; learning the ropes and creating small threads.Then one day, i engaged with some Aussie posters (who are now gone...) who many of you may remember. Needless to say, i quickly became known as an anti-American poster; a title of which i didn't really like, but one which i had to put up with for the majority of my time here.

I have been called anti-American. I have broken many, and sometimes severe t&c's during my stay here. I have been blamed for beginning the American/Australian war which gripped ATS last year (the one which sort of ignited in one of my NK threads and gradually spread into a lot of forums). Overall, i was not a very well liked member...

That is, until the ATS Regent project.

While i ultimately lost the Regent election, i used it as a platform to emerge anew. I campaigned under a new me, a new daaskapital. The final day was a quiet one in my election thread
but at least the campaign had all but rid the misconceptions about me.

Since then, hard work has basically destroyed all of the old misconeptions; and i now respect others, and hope to be respected in return.

The past two years here have been wild. I somehow managed to survive the ban hammer when a lot of my Aussie comrades did not.

I thank every member here. I thank the moderators for the hard work they put into monitoring the website. I thank the owners of the website. And i thank a lot of you for accepting me back after i had established myself as the above. I thank you all for giving me that second chance.

I am happy to still be here, on ATS, even though it has only been two years. I am glad to be surrounded by the only online community i can truly call 'family.'

Thank you all for reading.

- Daas.

edit on 27-7-2013 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What a sad life to have an anniversary like that. Go out for dinner for it?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

How dare you say that, you know nothing of his life, you are the sad one trying to put someone down for making a heartfelt warm thread.

Ignoring the troll now.

Great thread Daa
It truly is a great place ATS, you are right it takes a little time to evolve into a ATS member and I can say I enjoy your threads and posts.
Keep up the good work fella and watch out for those drop bears

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
What a sad life to have an anniversary like that. Go out for dinner for it?

Good thinking...can i borrow your Interceptor to go out for dinner?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Ford Falcon best car ever

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by MadMax7

Great thread Daa
It truly is a great place ATS, you are right it takes a little time to evolve into a ATS member and I can say I enjoy your threads and posts.
Keep up the good work fella and watch out for those drop bears

Thanks heaps for the words of encouragement mate!

I also enjoy your threads, and consider you a great friend, and member on ATS. Plus, you are one of the only people i know who remembers, or at least knows what Monkey/Monkey Magic/Journey to the West is.

Oh yeah, i will keep covered in Vegemite and keep my eyes open.

edit on 27-7-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Congratulations and celebrations for reaching a milestone Daas... yet more so for your enormous contribution to the site and your tenacity, often under much duress, to stand by your convictions.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Congrats on the milestone!

To many more, Daas.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Congratulations and celebrations for reaching a milestone Daas... yet more so for your enormous contribution to the site and your tenacity, often under much duress, to stand by your convictions.

Thank you very much mate!!!! It means a lot to me to hear that from yourself!

I have enjoyed many engagements with you, and hope to share some great experiences with you on ATS well into the future!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Congrats on the milestone!

To many more, Daas.

Thank you very much for everything Rising Against!!!!

Your words mean a lot to me!!! I'd rather spend my time no where else, than on ATS.

- Daas.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Everything you said....never heard of it. Except the Regent thing (which I was too busy IRL to mess with).

But glad you made it through, you arrogant, narcissistic, anti-American!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
HAPPY ATS ANNIVERSARY!!!
Wishing you many more interesting years here!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Everything you said....never heard of it. Except the Regent thing (which I was too busy IRL to mess with).

But glad you made it through, you arrogant, narcissistic, anti-American!

Really?

This is my NK thread which apparently was the kicker to that American/Australian 'war' some folks blamed me for:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The hostility spread out soon afterwards, and claimed many threads with off topic bickering between Aussies and Americans. A huge point of argument was WW2 and the USA's involvement in the Pacific Theatre. The 'war' died off when a lot of the Aussies were executed...ahem...disappeared.

I actually made a truce thread to stop the hostility in the end.

Thanks heaps mate!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
HAPPY ATS ANNIVERSARY!!!
Wishing you many more interesting years here!

Thank you very much!!! Your words are much appreciated!!!

new topics

top topics

join