It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you create threads

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

To CHAT! Just chat! Don't care if someone goes off topic in my threads as long as their comments are interesting or funny to me. I imagine us sitting around the kitchen table and tossing ideas around. Unfortunately, the real people in my life want to talk only about food, sports, and weather. Mentioning something even as uncomplicated as a humpback whale almost eating a diver and these people look like their heads will explode from trying to absorb such info.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I create threads to indulge my need for interesting conversation....

Wonderland is boring!

Everyone in this world is Frickin Nutz!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I create memories not threads because I can

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I create threads to show my girlfriend, I tricked her into thinking that I actually own and run this site so I can borrow money from her parents for my "business" I currently owe them $86,000 and Ill be leaving her soon.

As a certified fraud examiner it appears you committed numerous crimes. Lets hope neither the girlfriend or her parents figure it out because if they do........and they file a complaint.......you will be arrested and appear before a judge.

I guess.......good luck?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Why do I create threads?

Cheaper than therapy.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Threads are for weaving
Tales, knowledge, sharing, cotton sheets.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Why do I create threads?

Cheaper than therapy.

This got me thinking about how many people would use ATS as a form of release valve for stress and anxiety.
It probably creates a lot too but that is for another tale.
And practically free given the cost of cost of running the internet and the computer.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The act of creation is a fascinating experience for which words are not adequate to describe...

It is pleasant to create a dialogue between two or more people where ideas and viewpoints can be shared.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I try to find something interesting to talk about each day. If there isn't anything on the boards or if the good discussions that are already on the boards are all 'chatted out' ... then I'll try to find something interesting to talk about.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I create threads when I want to:

1) Share some research on a topic that interests me, and foster more discussion about it.
2) Get peoples' opinions (especially on the Survival forum)
3) Share something I think is interesting, like old TV shows in the TV forum, etc.

Mostly though, I reply more often than not, to other threads.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I create threads for a few reasons.

To express myself and how I see things.

To vent feelings I can't vent normally.

To share an experience and hope to find others who share the experience so I don't feel so odd.

To examine my own experience and get feedback on it.

Some of it is a form of self reflection for me.
After being here so long, it is interesting to go back and reread some of the things I have written to see how my point of view has changed and evolved over the years, or not changed and strengthened.
Also some threads are for just idle chit chat. Gotta have my coffee and a place to babble on about whatever...*sip*

lol

edit on 29-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Fans? HA! That's funny.

I don't have fans. I have friends, and I have trolls. Nothing really in between.

WHY do I make threads?

Here--in the rant forum--to vent. I love to rant.

On any other forum--because I find something peculiar that I'm not sure ATS is paying much or any mind to, so I post it in order to spread info and get different objectives on the issue. ATS is a great place to gather varying opinions and viewpoints.

That's all, folks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join