It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather decide how you die or when you die?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

I pick how. I want to die in the horrible conflagration that will occur when our sun turns into a red giant. I figure that should give me about five billion years to try and find a loophole.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I pick how. I want to die in the horrible conflagration that will occur when our sun turns into a red giant. I figure that should give me about five billion years to try and find a loophole.

If you're lucky. I did say...

If you choose the second option your maximum age is 80 and you must decide right now at what age you will die.

...but that doesn't mean if you choose "how" you get to live forever.

Heff do you really want to be an ATS mod for five billion years?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Isn't that cheating? lol

Remind's me of the fable about the poor man who had a mother who was blind and a wife who couldn't bare him a child. He was given just one wish and wished for his mother to be able to see his new born son while rocking him in a solid gold cradle.

Note to oneself....if ever offered just one wish think outside the box!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13
reply to post by rickymouse

You didn't really give us an answer......beware of the genie.

I hate Genies. I think all vacuums suck

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I hardly think imagining death is fun...how about trying to live the life you have.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I prefer surprises.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I would choose how I would die; I would die of happiness at the end of an 80 year long 'party' with the most beautiful women in the world

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Nobody made you play the game. You were free to skip the link but even after you read the first line you felt the need to reply.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I would choose how I would die; I would die of happiness at the end of an 80 year long 'party' with the most beautiful women in the world

By far the best choice so far!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I caught that... and I'd make due with being 80 for most of that 5 billion years! Heck, the way technology and medicine are evolving... in a few decades 80 might be the new 20 - and I could spend those billions of years showing off my bionic titanium hip and killer hair transplants to all the ladies! Of course the problem would be that I'd outlive them all so it would be necessary and humane for me to avoid long term, intimate relationships. For their sakes, and for mine, I'd have to keep things distant...

With the above in the mix? I'd tolerate 5 billion years of modding... If I had the spare time.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I didn't play ....and i can respond to something i wasted time reading....just like your reply...this was a stupid idea.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Of course the problem would be that I'd outlive them all so it would be necessary and humane for me to avoid long term, intimate relationships. For their sakes, and for mine, I'd have to keep things distant...

What a kind soul you have always thinking of other people. (and another and another and another....)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'd be giving her the hero or zero lecture of her life and asking her to remember home, and her soul mate, family and that she needs to turn up the dial on her love now, for we're going home soon. That when and how I die is in my HS, and Sources hands and no other.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I dont care when I die, but how? I want to go out swinging sharpened steel, with a pile of dead foes behind me, all my wounds facing to the front, and coated in the gore of the fallen. I want to know I am going, I do not wish a swift end, because I want to laugh in the face of the Reaper, and greet him heartily before my last breath leaves my chest.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I guess I would choose how I die... I wish to die of 'old age'.

And considering the medical advances we will make over the next couple of decades, 'old age' may easily turn into 200 years.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I chose to be beheaded personally by the 273rd president of the united states of America

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

What a great topic.

For me, it's a no-brainer. I don't want to know when I'll die – last thing in the world I want to know. Being able to choose how I will die sounds like the ultimate ace in the hole. I'll take 'painlessly', thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I remember stuffing up my first relationship as a kid and wanting to die
I didnt.
Funny thing is choice changes and we grow and learn
How
www.youtube.com...

I dont know, let it just unfold

Just for fun

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I dont care when I die, but how? I want to go out swinging sharpened steel, with a pile of dead foes behind me, all my wounds facing to the front, and coated in the gore of the fallen. I want to know I am going, I do not wish a swift end, because I want to laugh in the face of the Reaper, and greet him heartily before my last breath leaves my chest.

Dude...

That's an end worthy of an afterlife in Valhalla!

LOL Awesome

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would want to chose how I die. I don't have kids, so I wouldn't want to chose when (because I have no one I would make sure to be with for as long as possible).

I would chose how because that'd be nice knowing if my death would be horrible or not

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join