It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings: New Surveillance Video Shows Fiery Crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Michael Hastings: New Surveillance Video Shows Fiery Crash

A new video shows the final moments before journalist Michael Hastings' Mercedes Benz exploded into flames -- with the grainy footage revealing the car's fiery end on Highland Avenue June 19. The video was obtained from Weekly contributor Michael Krikorian, whose girlfriend, Nancy Silverton, owns Pizzeria Mozza, which is located at Melrose and Highland just a few hundred feet from the site of the fatal crash.

Laweekly

The video is at the source above, it shows his car's final moments on the black and white camera before the very bright explosion.

Haven't seen this posted. As is to share with ATS members have been looking more into the case. IMO it's suspicious. While they point to "his family" as not believing it's a conspiracy, I don't believe however, it accounts for all of his family and even associates and friends.

Unfortunately as the footage is in black and white, the car can be seen at 00: /13 & 14, does it appear his break lights were on, or inconclusive?

Video at Source: Laweekly

edit on 26-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Screen grab really looks like the back window of a truck.

Not a Mercedes like he was driving.

It looks more like this truck rear window with a sliding opening.

edit on 26-7-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Thanks for your reply. I do see what you mean there but I also see as the vehicle continues on, it appears rather more compact and close to the ground of that of a sedan or coupe.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Not sure if this makes it easier for people to watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
after watching the video and reading link

Hackers have found out how to remotely take control of your car.

They have demonstrated that they can take complete remote control of the vehicle — the breaks, the gas, the steering wheel, even the radio.

it kind of makes you wonder.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Looks to me like the breaklights are on but no reduction in speed!
And he was travelling very fast! Being chased?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Why does this "surveillance" video appear to be taken by a handheld?

I mean, typically security cams are mounted, and very stable.
Notice how this one seems to be moving a little left, right, up down, etc...
It looks hand held...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Re Cap comparison: 0:08 secs- Lights blur from the LAnewsLOUDLABS - Michael Hastings "CAUGHT ON CAMERA" Running Red-Light Sec.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

It's not the raw footage. It's handheld footage of a monitor that plays it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So, just a few seconds earlier he runs a red light, then he's seen travelling very fast, it looks like his brake lights are on but his speed does not decrease. The car explodes on impact, which is very unusual for a modern car.

Its all a bit smelly.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In the youtube video you can see the brown edge of some thing on the left side. So they did take a video of a video playing on a screen of some type.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
But I Find it strange just before the blast all lights on the car disappear. It turns completely dark then you see the explosion light up the screen. No tail lights no head lights just black. Around the 16 second mark in the you tube video.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Question bolded for proper attention.

Wondered the same actually...

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Why does this "surveillance" video appear to be taken by a handheld?

I mean, typically security cams are mounted, and very stable.
Notice how this one seems to be moving a little left, right, up down, etc...
It looks hand held...

The video was re recorded by a camera or cellphone cam, due to the left side of the screen(security cam TV edge?) which then would account for the shaking and noise possibly non consistent with the outside, car, etc. I looked at the satellite view of the pizzeria's address, the security camera, while not located, it's probably under the awning pointing towards the street, as the underneath of the awning shows in the video.

edit on 26-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
But I Find it strange just before the blast all lights on the car disappear. It turns completely dark then you see the explosion light up the screen. No tail lights no head lights just black. Around the 16 second mark in the you tube video.

That's the biggest question. Wonder if that can indicate fowl play or not? Looking more into it...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It has been reported that there were no skid marks:

Source

Also, there was no damage to the median curb, only fire discoloration. But the most significant missing evidence was the absence of any skid marks—even though the car made a 60-degree turn into a palm tree.

This statement seems to corroborate claims that 1) the car blew up before impact 2) Hasting did not have control of his car.

ETA: The source article is a very good read. It seems some folks at the San Diego Channel 6 news station smell something very fishy about this.
edit on 26-7-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 26-7-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

It's been explained that this is someone taking a video of the monitor showing the raw footage.

OP, maybe you should edit your OT to mention this so people don't get distracted by this.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

LOL
ok, I slapped myself on the forehead.
damn high def TVs...I really thought that was shot right out the window.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by StoutBroux

It's been explained that this is someone taking a video of the monitor showing the raw footage.

OP, maybe you should edit your OT to mention this so people don't get distracted by this.

Ack, too late for that in the OP but bolded here, www.abovetopsecret.com...
or if mods want to feel free to point it out in the OP

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by VoidHawk

...It has been reported that there were no skid marks:
Source

Also, there was no damage to the median curb, only fire discoloration. But the most significant missing evidence was the absence of any skid marks—even though the car made a 60-degree turn into a palm tree.

...This statement seems to corroborate claims that 1) the car blew up before impact 2) Hasting did not have control of his car.
...ETA: The source article is a very good read. It seems some folks at the San Diego Channel 6 news station smell something very fishy about this.

The San Diego 6 "story" has at least a couple of inaccuracies...
One being the "60-degree turn into a (the) palm tree".
This video was studied extensively...and if you go frame by frame through it, you'll see that the conclusions were probably accurate...being that,
- the car jumped the curb onto the median at or close to the last palm tree before the fatal palm tree...
- About half-way from that point to the fatal palm tree - the car hit a metal utility cover (that was a shield for a water hydrant connected to the city water mains, below)...
- This is where they concluded that the first "flash" of light occurred (the utility cover was reported to have been found entirely mangled at or about the same distance away as the car engine/tranny - which is virtually at the next intersection).
- As JBA2848 noted - this is where the "lights" disappeared.
When the Mercedes was going through the red light at Santa Monica...those brake lights were on, as well (could not determine if they were in "applied brake" mode).
To me...it smells fishy whether the 60-degree turn is included, or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join