It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a terrible Canadian.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As per the thread title, I am a terrible Canadian.

I like guns, believe in concealed and open carry laws (non-existent here), don't buy the global warming hype (I think people need to take care of the environment but I believe climate change to be linked to solar activity), and I hate the Queen of England.

I'm appalled that Canada still has a Governor General, and that in theory the British Monarchy still rules Canada. I am a libertarian, and I don't hate Americans (I actually find them quite entertaining, and find their history both fascinating and inspiring).

I don't believe in progressive taxation. While I support the idea of free health care, I don't support the current system (essentially, I think we should try a hybrid system). I like killing and eating animals, I support the clubbing of baby seals, and I don't like the cold. I think the beaver is a stupid animal, and the last time I watched anything on CBC, "Kids in the Hall" were still airing new episodes.

My only redeeming qualities as a Canadian are my love of Hockey and beer.

Would I be welcome in Texas?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I like guns, believe in concealed and open carry laws (non-existent here), don't buy the global warming hype (I think people need to take care of the environment but I believe climate change to be linked to solar activity), and I hate the Queen of England.

I'm appalled that Canada still has a Governor General, and that in theory the British Monarchy still rules Canada. I am a libertarian, and I don't hate Americans (I actually find them quite entertaining, and find their history both fascinating and inspiring).

I don't believe in progressive taxation. While I support the idea of free health care, I don't support the current system (essentially, I think we should try a hybrid system). I like killing and eating animals, I support the clubbing of baby seals, and I don't like the cold. I think the beaver is a stupid animal, and the last time I watched anything on CBC, "Kids in the Hall" were still airing new episodes.

There's not a baby seal in to be found around here.
Come on down.
edit on 26-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well, that makes 2 of us...

Except the baby seal thing of course.

I may be a bad Canadian but I'll steer clear of the border anyways. I'd be a worse American because I might actually stand up and say something. Then of course I'd be locked up...forever. Or shot by a drone. Or have my car go off the road. Or an accidental shooting by cops. Or.......???

Peace

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

You support clubbing seals to death. Don't move to my town.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What's hockey?

As to whether or not you'd be welcome in Texas? Phonetically spell out how you pronounce "About" and we'll see.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You are only a terrible Canadian if you don't like maple syrup.

And people in Texas don't have guns to hunt animals they will eventually eat. Also, you would have to stick to either Democrat or Republican instead of being a Libertarian.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

You support clubbing seals to death. Don't move to my town.

To be clear, I meant baby seals, not baby navy seals

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
You are only a terrible Canadian if you don't like maple syrup.

And people in Texas don't have guns to hunt animals they will eventually eat. Also, you would have to stick to either Democrat or Republican instead of being a Libertarian.

I actually forgot to mention in my OP that I don't like maple syrup (I like blue berry syrup).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

If you are willing to trade hockey for football I will personally welcome you to Texas and invite you to all of my barbecues!

I also like Kids In The Hall....I love playing "Crushing Your Head"!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That is one thing I simply can't give up. I need my hockey, and I can't stand football. I like baseball though?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Okay, I'm willing to negotiate. Become an Astros fan and you're in as long as you don't tell anyone at the barbecues that you don't like football- it could be bad!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I hate the Queen of England.

Promise a Muslim democracy and we'll fund and support your " revolution ".

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You didn't even apologize! You ARE a terrible Canadian!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
You didn't even apologize! You ARE a terrible Canadian!

HAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Hell yeah you would be welcome in Texas. As long as you like a senorita with your beer. And can agree that a 55 yard line is among the stupidest things ever.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

Well, i take a sausage grinder on site when I hog hunt. And my political views would make a Libertarian look like.....a Canadian.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Op...Not only would you be welcome.

Hell, If you were unemployed with a drug habit we would probably pay you to come.

You would fit right in....(well lose the hockey) there is no ice to spare in Texas.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Agree to everything except Gun part. I don't want Canada turning into America!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Canada is a good country. What I envy is the smaller population and hopefully better behaving people. Don't shoot! I just know there are a lot of bad people from where I come from in California. Living in a quite town in Canada would feel like I entered the promise land. Canadians also love macaroni and cheese or in their language Kraft dinner. So I'm set!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Prepare to adjust to smaller serving size, and better not litter!

If you have a decent job, you can have a nice life here.
edit on 7/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join