It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Pathetic Are You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by boymonkey74

Do you honestly believe what you are saying? I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. Not trying to be rude but you seem to be telling us that the Royal family bring in more than they spend? If this is true.. then why do you have to give them anything then?

They bring in money for the country and the country pays them. They bring in more money than we pay them, just like employees.

By your logic, in your job you earn the company money, so why do they bother paying you?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

All the info you need is in this thread.
Iam out for good now, getting sick of repeating myself when all people need to do is read the darn thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

This is what I said in another thread in response to a rant about the birth of the Royal baby...

"In this crazy world with all the problems and violence going on....

I think people need and want relief.

The idea of Royals to them is fun and romantic...and of course the birth of a baby is a joyous occasion.

People want something positive and fun to talk about; take an interest in...for some it is a stress reliever...and I say...why not!"

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by VoidHawk

No they don't....at least back up your so called facts with links..I have and proved otherwise.

You could say the same for every millionaire couldn't you? she isn't even a billionaire she is worth 500 million.
Look at the chelsea footie club owner, he is worth billions and what does he do for the UK? at least our queen bigs up the UK on the world stage.
edit on 26-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

If you actually believe everything you are saying I feel sorry for you.
Have you factored in her ties to the Global Banks, the Vatican, The Common Wealth, and all historical treaties into that figure?

Thought not....

Not to mention her Business interests, and positions held within 'societies' such as:
The Order of the Garter, The Order of the Thistle, The Order of St. Patrick, The Freemasons, The Order of Malta, the Order of St. John....

Might I add she is BLACK nobility. That should halt any patriotic thoughts you have. Period.

Don't run and hide now BoyMonkey, I have Sunday afternoon free, and I'll gladly exchange history lessons with you.
edit on 27-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

No, you misunderstood. Your saying the royal family earn more for the UK, than their living costs. So why do the peasants have to support them? You don't get the money?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by EasyPleaseMe

No, you misunderstood. Your saying the royal family earn more for the UK, than their living costs. So why do the peasants have to support them? You don't get the money?
The Royals don't "earn" the money themselves in the traditional sense but if people are coming from all over the world to see the Royal Family and to spend their cash in the U.K. then it is good for the U.K... it's not that difficult to understand.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

THEY EARN US MONEY BECAUSE PEOPLE COME FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD TO SEE THEM

So, how many of those tourists were able to see her Maj???
ZERO.
Thats true isn't it.

There maybe tourists who come to see some of our aging buildings etc, but thats got nothing to do with the royal family.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I think the monkey is what I call a sleeper troll.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
this OP is EXACTLY why I internally vomit when thinking of brits!

my ancestors were the original inhabitants and then the NORMAN-FRENCH

invaded, and after 700 years of genocide against the native peoples, the despicable atrocities handed out against the Irish. Starvation, diseases, et.

the ROYAL FAMILY has PLUNDERED the WORLD and NOW SITS on MOUNTAINS of STOLEN wealth becaUse of it!

IF THERE IS ONE NATION THAT IS more responsible for the 1,000 years of atrocity.. Please share. with facts!

For Americans to see the MOST DESPICABLE HUMANS on earth be celebrated is wrong!

for you brits to worship them...

WELL, the whole world laughs at you!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The op doesn't speak for me either. I'm not really bothered how much money she has or hasn't got. It's the whole notion of having one very unimpressive family remain as head of state forever. What right do they have to this position over any other family in the UK. It's an archaic institution that ingrains the class system into the national psyche, which some people choose to lap up.

I just had to laugh at the comment she was frugal. How many frugal people do you know who own a horse and gamble on it. The only time I have seen the Queen crack a smile in the last 12 months was when her horse won the Gold cup or some other horse race where the frugal gamble their hard earned.
edit on 27-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

There is another nation that is well on the way surpassing Britain in all these things within in a much shorter timeframe. The whole world laughs at, and despises that nation for continually electing criminals and imbeciles to high office.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I think you ought to change the topic into "how pathetic we are"

Because ,to be prfectly honest ... To go around the world and justify the murder of dictators at whim. And then put a king on pedestal and worship him as a god at the same time you throw rocks at kim il jung.

Is about as pathetic as one can get ...

Especially when you claim to be living in a democratic country.

Music of the day. People in glass houses.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by ObservingYou

I think the monkey is what I call a sleeper troll.

Just popped back to say this.

So you can't prove anything I have said isn't true and resort to name calling....I thought better of you void.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow what a response!

As this is the rant forum, it's safe to say I have calmed down since posting.

I apologise to the Brits who had to say I am not speaking for them. Let it be known I speak for myself, and myself only.

As this was a rant I am not going to argue with others, please keep sharing your opinions!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
60p alone is well worth the money for Phil the Greek. Some of his comments down the years have been priceless. My favourite being the one about the Scottish driving school.

Not sure about Andy, mind you. He seems to be your more traditional freeloader.

And as for Edward...let's just not go there. If he was anywhere near the Crown, the monarchy wouldn't last a second.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think the argument that the royals are nothing but figureheads with no real power is preposterous.

Isn't this the same family that has been in power for hundreds of years? The same family with relatives that have been in power in other major countries such as Russia and Germany?

At what point did they cut themselves off from the global power network? What, after world war 1 they had a reality check, changed their German name, and said "we will now be figureheads with no power, we will no longer attempt to influence public policy in any way and will simply exist as tourist attractions."

?

These are some of the most powerful, connected, and wealthy people in the world. Figureheads, please.

ETA: I'd like to pose a question to pro-royalists:

Hypothetically, if in the next decade a story or scandal of some sort drastically changed public opinion and the majority of the UK now wanted to abolish the monarchy then what would that process look like?

If a poll came out that said 70% feel the monarchy should be ended, would the royals step down? Would they allow the family's assets to be seized by the government? How much of a fight would there be from the royal family?
edit on 7/27/2013 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Fair argument. And your questions are something that would cause even more debate!

I honestly could not answer them right now, something worth thinking about though. I don't think they would put up a fight as such, but more of something like "Fine get rid of us... You will only miss us"

I think that's what they would say.... Not saying they would.

Other than that, right now I couldn't go further. Definitely something I will think about though!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have a lingering feeling I'm one of the *pathetic Americans* this is aimed at...

I understand full well how it feels to be overwhelmed by the sadness and darkness in the world, so much that you can barely comprehend that good still exists. The British, the Americans, AND everyone else in the world have this in common, especially two sects of people; the informed, and the struggling.

If you're informed, or if your day-to-day life is a general hardship in itself, of course some good news would be nice. Of course you'd want anything to get your mind off it.

But my only point on the matter is that people's longing for light is misguided.

Many of *you* folks see the royal family the way many of *us* see Obama or Justin Beiber.

An idol, a pretty, dream-like distraction from all the bad in the world.

And yes, its good to get your mind off the bad--but idols are exploited grossly because of the dark hand, trying to distract you.

Idols captivate their fans' attention, and skew their beliefs.

And as stated before, the royal family lives off your money, just as Obama and our government live off ours. To say "So what?" when regarding to the overly dramatic media coverage, you are saying "So? I know they're distracting us from bigger issues... but we WANT this distraction. Please don't burden us with harshness and truths."

I am sorry. But, we are here to deny ignorance.

And idolization of anyone feeding off your tax dollars/pounds falls under the category.

I am ALL for feeling happy, and looking away from the darkness sometimes.

But you should look to things in your own life to care about, not whatever the news puts in front of you. We all have families, we all have loved ones, and we all have things we cherish in our every day lives... and we, the citizens, both in America and overseas, make up the world. NOT the royal family, and NOT any elite government.

I'm not saying its wrong to love your country.

I'm simply saying that there's a fine line between "loving and defending" a country, and being consumed with nationalistic pride, which is one of the powers' greatest psychological war-brewing tools against us.

PLEASE don't take offense, just my 2c.

Obama, Justin Beiber, and the royal family are all held by the same strings.

Psychological puppets.

Please, again, don't take offense.

I'm just trying to stay as objective as possible.

God bless.

EDIT;

reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

These are some of the most powerful, connected, and wealthy people in the world. Figureheads, please.

Meh. I believe they've simply become *closer* to figureheads over time, slowly and gradually. The royal family holds much less power than they used to. That's not to say they have NO power, they certainly have connections, but they have about as much power as a president over here in America.

Figureheads, with suits whispering in their ears.

edit on 27-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
this OP is EXACTLY why I internally vomit when thinking of brits!

my ancestors were the original inhabitants and then the NORMAN-FRENCH

invaded, and after 700 years of genocide against the native peoples, the despicable atrocities handed out against the Irish. Starvation, diseases, et.

the ROYAL FAMILY has PLUNDERED the WORLD and NOW SITS on MOUNTAINS of STOLEN wealth becaUse of it!

IF THERE IS ONE NATION THAT IS more responsible for the 1,000 years of atrocity.. Please share. with facts!

For Americans to see the MOST DESPICABLE HUMANS on earth be celebrated is wrong!

for you brits to worship them...

WELL, the whole world laughs at you!

This is the kind of thing that makes the rest of us Americans look bad...

Hey buddy, lighten up.

We're people.

They're people.

That's what it comes down to.

And hell, its not like our government and military are the friendliest on earth. We aren't Gods, not anymore than the British are. Stop being a nationalistic troll.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Good rant and good for you to get it off your chest.

Be proud of whatever you want to be proud of hell anyone who has a problem with it can # off.

Yes I am an American but no I was never dumb enough to think your country was still ruled by Royalty but I imagine there are a few here that think otherwise.

Every country has things they are proud of and EVERY country should aspire to better than they are now. No exceptions.

If your country is good at something then own it. Hey #1 in military exports and spending.... woohoo... like I said own it.

BTW from what I understand the Royals have acted as ambassadors and continue to do so in some ways do a better job of it as well. As far as the property they have wouldn't that be considered as inherited from the time when their family pretty much owned everything? Even commoners inherit things there don't they?
edit on 27-7-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join