It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Pathetic Are You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Maybe so but he has seen action.

www.princehenryofwales.org...

Tell me when was the last US presidents son deployed to Iraq?

Iam out btw, really bored saying the same thing each time people get all anti Brit/queen etc
70% of Brits want our monarchy so please respect our wishes.
night all.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
We are enjoying this time when we can all just be happy for our Royal family, who do nothing but bring money into this country, and keep up an outdated tradition.

Doesn't the royal family live off taxes?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by memedoug

Good God read the thread please....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

So all the army gets weekends off? Wow. When did you guys start that policy? Good thing Hitler didn't have youtube

Seriously though. It's ok. You like your royals. We get it. It's not really your fault the media over here shoves it down our throat.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What % of British citizens living in Uk are pro Royalist and non Royalist.

I have never seen any statistics on on this. Mabey all UK members can give a thumb up or down and we can get a general impression.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have read from 70% to 90% for the Queen.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't think ATS would give a fair account.

Funny though she is more popular than Obama in the USA lol.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk... -obama/

I like this from the said article.

Most Americans clearly recognise the huge scale of the Queen’s achievement as reigning monarch for nearly six decades. She has been an impeccable representative for Britain on the world stage, and has epitomised the Special Relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom during the course of no less than 11 US presidencies. The Queen is a model of Anglo-American world leadership, and has won the hearts and affection of the American people from the days of Eisenhower to the present, a towering accomplishment by one of the truly great figures of our time.

Huzzah!!

edit on 26-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'd like it to be known that OP does NOT SPEAK FOR ME.

The royals cost us massively more than they contribute. They are parasites. Go ask queeney how many starving children she's going to save this week with all those TRILLIONS she's got stashed!!
What was that? How Many? NONE???

You mean she CHOOSES to ignore them even though she could lift every single starving child on this planet out of poverty and hardly even make a dent in her wealth??

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

No they don't....at least back up your so called facts with links..I have and proved otherwise.

You could say the same for every millionaire couldn't you? she isn't even a billionaire she is worth 500 million.
Look at the chelsea footie club owner, he is worth billions and what does he do for the UK? at least our queen bigs up the UK on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

No they don't....at least back up your so called facts with links..I have and proved otherwise.

You could say the same for every millionaire couldn't you? she isn't even a billionaire she is worth 500 million.

When the total value of JUST the land that she owns was added up (world wide) it totaled 470 trillion. Thats just the land!!!

Have you even considered the value of all those jewels and paintings and statues and god knows what else she's got stashed away is worth? Are you aware of how many ESTATES they OWN all over this planet? They alone make that supposed 600 mill look like pocket money!
I dont need to back up anything, one only has to open ones EYES!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You need to understand what crown land is, If you had read the whole thread you would understand.
She can not sell crown land nor make any money from it, the money from crown land goes directly to the government not her. That includes crown estate land in other countries...the money goes to the government of that country.

The Crown Estate as a whole dates back from the time of the Norman Conquest. In 1760, George III reached an agreement with the Government over the Estate. The Crown Lands would be managed on behalf of the Government and the surplus revenue would go to the Treasury. In return, the King would receive a fixed annual payment, which today we call the Civil List.

The Crown Estate is not the personal property of the Monarch. It cannot be sold by the Monarch, nor do any profits from it go to the Sovereign.

The Crown Estate is managed by an independent organisation, headed by a Board, and any profit from the Estate is paid every year to the Treasury for the benefit of all UK taxpayers. The Treasury is effectively the principle Government stakeholder and is kept informed of the estate’s overall business plans and strategies.

The Estates portfolio has a value of over £7.3 billion, from beef farms in the north of Scotland to Portland stone mining in Dorset. Windsor Great Park is the only Royal Park managed by the Crown Estate. All other parks are administered by the Royal Parks Agency.

All her jewels from gifts from other countries belong to us the people. Her art collection belongs to us also.
She owns the Duchy of Lancaster which she makes 25 million a year from.

www.royal.gov.uk...

Last time Iam going to repeat myself on here.

READ THE RUDDY WHOLE THREAD PLEASE BEFORE SPOUTING OFF NONSENSE.

Sorry for shouting It;s late and it needs to be said.

I really should know better to point out facts on ATS sometimes...

I should get a Knighthood for this

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I do understand what crown land is, there are houses owned by the crown where I live.
The boss of a company I used to work for had race horses in Dubia(spelling?) and while visiting certain foreign royalty their he was shown around several palaces. It was explained to him that they were owned by the queen. It was explained to him that she had such palaces all over the world. He questioned whether they were owned by the crown and they laughed at him.
You should not base your ...facts.. on what you read, its pure propaganda, and they are masters at it.

I'll try to find where I got the land value from, but its very late here at the moment 04:33. No need to apologies for shouting, this subject makes me want to shout too

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So you base your facts on hearsay and I base mine on law, on history thats has been well documented not just in the UK but all other commonwealth countries law and history.
I can do no more.
I have provided proof of what I say which ATS demands you have not.
You have an opinion on our monarchy and that is your right but don't spread nonsense based on nothing more than hearsay please.

Also you do know that Dubai has their own royal family?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Our head of state is non-political, the first in line to this role is a Royal Air Force Search and Rescue (SAR) pilot the third in line is an Army Air Corps Appache pilot who when he was second in line did operational tours in Afghanistan. I will lay a bet that the next US head of state and deputy (President, and Vice President) will never have done anything as noble and brave as this, much like the current commander in chief and his Lieutenant.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

If you enjoy spending ooooodles of your hard earned $$ to support a family in their high end lifestyle ... knock yourself out!
It's your money and you can do what you want with it. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
"We are not ruled by them, we are not condemned by them. They are a tradition and representatives of our country that we are proud to have. "

If this is the case, why are you paying millions upon millions of dollars/pounds to support them?

British people suffer the tax hikes, high cost of living, people dieing in the winter without heat and the welfare getting cut to non-liveable levels but...

That family owns billions in property, pays no taxes, creates laws or stops them from being created etc. And yet they continue to live off your dime?

The only way this is accomplished is if you are a dictator or a God.

All the suffering this family has caused throughout the ages and yet everyone wants to line up to see the new King like a gift from Heaven.

Well done repeating the ignorance the OP was talking about.

The only true statement in your post was that we pay the Royals. That said we actually invest in the Royals and the investment is about as good as it gets with a massive rate of return.

I feel I should now rebalance your ignorance by posting about everyone in the US having machine guns on a gun control thread.

edit on 27/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
WOW! Quite the media scoop!

A photo of the Royal baby 4 months before it was born!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

They make the UK money, do you want to pay more tax? If we got rid you would have to pay more tax.
I have posted the proof of this in this thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe what you are saying? I'm having a hard time understanding your logic. Not trying to be rude but you seem to be telling us that the Royal family bring in more than they spend? If this is true.. then why do you have to give them anything then?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ObservingYou

They make the UK money, do you want to pay more tax? If we got rid you would have to pay more tax.
I have posted the proof of this in this thread.

You could make that argument based on our current economic SYSTEM.

I for one do not ADVOCATE the SYSTEM at all.

In my world - WE WOULDN'T GET SCREWED EITHER WAY.

ETA: On a side note, HOW has this government got everybody SUPPORTING the 'Royal's' and Shale is BEYOND ME. Are you all mentally deficient?
edit on 27-7-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join