It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help getting front wheels off a Rover Rancher ride on mower.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hello all.
Could anyone provide some help on getting the fronts wheels off a Rover Rancher ride on mower i'm restoring i thought all i needed to do to get the front wheels off is remove the nuts holding the wheels to the front axle the wheel's bearing type appears to be a sealed roller bear so i should be able to pull the wheels off easily but they don't.
The model is a Rover Rancher model 27189 with a 15.5 hp Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine and it was made in Australia.

So any advice would be really appreciated!

edit on 26-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding details

edit on 26-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding details

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

I'm not a lawn mower guy but I would recommend next time you ask, to state the model number of the mower. Not criticizing mind you. I had a look online and it says to remove the 15/16" front axle nut. Not having the mower to look at I would guess that the wheel doesn't come off (hub and tire) the way one does on a car. I would contact these guys and ask them:www.rovermowers.com.au... There is a contact us at the right hand top of the page. Make sure you mention the model number and where it was made if you can find out. Most companies part assemblies out nowadays so they like to know on the other end. For instance I'm from Canada andn have a Sears lawnmower with a Husqvarna motor. I had a hard time trying to find out the information I needed until I told them where the motor was made. I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Post pictures or more details.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Added more details to original post.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Are you sure it isn't a '169 instead of '189? I couldn't find a '189.

Here's the owners manual for older models.

[url=Owners ManualOwner's Manual[/url]

If that doesn't help I guess I would need to see a picture. Good luck!
edit on 26-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Also, I like your name OP!
edit on 26-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It's definitely a '189" model that's what it says on the model number /serial number sticker on the frame.
Btw thanks for the manual link.

edit on 26-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding to post.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
*update*
Well i've managed to lever one front wheel off and i discovered the tyre's inner tube has a leak so i'll get a tyre patch kit to fix the leak.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Correcting a sentance

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
On a side note i'm not sure weither the 12 volt battery for the ride on mower is completely screwed because i've had it on trickle charge since 11am Saturday NZ time (today) and 50% charged light on microprocesser controlled charger instead the green 100% light is flashing so what's going on and am i going to have get a new battery?
And yes i checked all six cells and all but one had suffcient water to cover the cells and the one that had insufficient water was topped up.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join