It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

RIGHT.
So, I'm going out tonight, and I'll make sure to point out all the road blocks, check points, and military people that I won't see while I'm carrying on and enjoying my NIGHT out, entirely free of any bother by any non-existent martial law.

www.kansascity.com...

Kansas City police conducted the driver’s license checkpoint from 6 to 11 p.m. Wednesday at 5005 N.E. Antioch Road in the Northland.

They stopped 1,579 vehicles

That was on July the 18th. They have been doing this very frequently in Kansas City as of late, these sweeping checkpoints, at least once a week anymore if not more often.

When they first started checkpoints they were saying it was for your own good, that they were keeping drunk drivers off the roads.... NOW, they only want to check for drivers licenses.....

Kind of makes it similar to those countries who stop you to check for your papers. How long before you have to pay a bribe papers or no?

edit on 27-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I suspect your "injury" was blood pressure related, and if not, the way you carry on, well, you might want to get that checked.

Your implications and connotations about other people helping others are entirely non-relevant as some of us do indeed give substantial sums to charities as well as donating time.
Not all of us, however, really care all that much about saving USA.
I care more about saving a kitten than I do about saving the USA.
I care more about some poor junebug or spider in my house that I have to then capture and release outside.
USA, as said before, it's just a piece of dirt with politics.
Thus, I'll move elsewhere when and or if it ever becomes an inconvenience.

Also, as said before, if it all goes worldwide world war boom shacka-bang, then, well, I'd prefer to die someplace I appreciate that appreciates me. Why stick around some dump crybabying about it when you can at least enjoy life marginally or much more than marginally better elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I'm not suggesting that whatsoever. Just pointing out firstly that your thread title is misleading and that the over reaction to 9/11 and the influence of the military industrial complex on the proceeding actions of your government, have brought us to this point. So how do we stop this or reverse it? I'm pretty sure the Republicans would be behaving the same as the democrats, so how do you change this tide of totalitarianism if both sides carry on with the same agenda?

First of all, already mentioned that the name of the thread is the same name of the video in the OP... I didn't make up the name...

Second of all, you are very wrong. The global elites have always funded "red revolutions" around the world, including the Russian revolution and other "progressive/leftwing movements".

You see, the global elites LOVE leftwing politics because it consolidates power and gives all power to them under the claim of "for the good of all"...

If you had known anything about American history you would know, or learn, that real Republicans helped free slaves in the United States. Even before Lincoln approved the war slavery was banned in REPUBLICAN cities.

It was because of a great majority of real Republicans that the Civil Rights Act was passed... Before that real Republicans in power warned that the Federal Reserve was an attempt by the global elite to take control of the U.S. and to corrupt it, which is exactly what happened.

To this day there are a few "real Republicans" and few Democrats who have been trying to stop, and warn people about these problems we are facing today in the once Republic of the United States.

The United States was founded under "REPUBLICAN" principles, and if we had kept to them none of what is happening today would have happened...

U.S. Constitution - Article 4 Section 4

Article 4 - The States
Section 4 - Republican Government

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

BTW, do not mistake today's RINOs (Republicans in Name Only) and Neo-cons (previous leftwingers who suddenly saw the light and became RINOs) for "real Republicans" like the Pauls...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
So is this just another run of the mill...."Republicans will save the world, Democrats are commies" type of thread? Yup...

But yeah just came back from a fun night with some friends, lucky for us we didn't encounter any roadblocks or run into Obama's red army while we were out.

I'll make sure to check under my bed for any commies though!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

But yeah just came back from a fun night with some friends, lucky for us we didn't encounter any roadblocks or run into Obama's red army while we were out.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The parents of two teens given citations for breaking Kansas City's teen curfew says the law was not properly followed, but that argument may not hold up in court.

Kansas City's Prosecutor Lowell Gard, said it is plain and simple - if your child is under 16 and out after 9 p.m. in Kansas City, they are breaking the law even if they're minding their own business.

Two 15-year-olds were dropped off at the Plaza's Cinemark movie theatre to watch a Disney movie on Saturday night. Their parents returned to pick them up after the movie that ended after 9 p.m.

Police say they issued seven citations to kids breaking the teen curfew, several who got into a fight and were throwing fireworks and others to the teenagers who were just about to enter their parents’ vehicles.

The parents say the curfew ordinance has exceptions, “When the person under 18 years of age is returning directly home from a school activity, entertainment, recreational and city or dance."

The parents believe their teens were minding the law but the city prosecutor says he interprets the law differently.

"We interpret that to be school entertainment, school activities, school dances. So if doesn't apply to school, then it's not an exception," Gard said.

"To me the law wasn't enforced right. They were there waiting for their parents said to me that qualifies as returning directly home,” David Hickey, the father of one of the teens, said.

Read more: www.kshb.com...

At least you are not under 18 and waiting for your parents to pick you up after a movie, and its good you missed the checkpoints in Kansas City tonight. And remember, when you do run into them, its for your own good and to keep you safe.
edit on 27-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Unfortunately there are very few Republicans left in power, but I guess you keep liking your "progressivism" and "change" right?...

Real Republicans does not include the bought out people who sold their souls to the elites and to this day are 100% behind "progressivism."

If you want to know what Republicanism really is, or should be, read up on the United States Constitution.

If we are going to make sure this doesn't happen again guess what? The root problem has to be get rid of. People can, and do care for others without the global elite trying to FORCE their so called morals, which to them are nothing more than excuses to get more, and more power and control the rest of the people "for the good of all."

I never said there are no Democrats and other people with other political leanings who also see a problem with at least some of these legislations that are giving more and more control to the elites. However, even in the Constitution you can clearly read that the founding fathers all agreed that Republicanism is the best form of government for the people.

When you start taking away individual rights "for the good of all" you eventually end up with no individual rights, which in turn enslaves EVERYONE.

BTW, just to make it clear again, the Republicanism I am talking about is the one in which the founding fathers saw "all men(and women) being equal" and all having certain "unalienable rights" that no government or person can, or should take from the people.

After all, it is written down in the documents that were to forge this nation, until the global elites took control of course...

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...

www.ushistory.org...

Then there are those other "pesky to some" rights enumerated within the Bill of Rights and state that each person, as individuals, have certain rights that no other person, or government can or should try to take away...

But what am I talking about...all this just comes from "old documents" that have no relevance with today's society...right?...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

RIGHT.
So, I'm going out tonight, and I'll make sure to point out all the road blocks, check points, and military people that I won't see while I'm carrying on and enjoying my NIGHT out, entirely free of any bother by any non-existent martial law.

It's obviously sooper seekrit martial law!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

It's obviously sooper seekrit martial law!

Oh yeah...it's so secret that none of it has made it to the news, and those in power have never been caught stating that they have planned this all along...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Can you imagine what utter hell we will be in for his last two years if he wins the HOR in 2014?
edit on 27-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Ok so your telling me if Jon McCain had got in instead of Obama, there would be no NSA or militarization of your police force. He would have repealed the patriot act and everything would be rosy? I think we both know that wouldn't have been the case. I guess we'll never know, but it doesn't take a genius to see whoever was in power would be implementing these over bearing security and surveillance technologies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Ok so your telling me if Jon McCain had got in instead of Obama, there would be no NSA or militarization of your police force. He would have repealed the patriot act and everything would be rosy? I think we both know that wouldn't have been the case. I guess we'll never know, but it doesn't take a genius to see whoever was in power would be implementing these over bearing security and surveillance technologies.

Humm, let me respond to you with a question. Did John McCain support small government and the unalienable rights of every American individual by backing The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) by which the U.S. government can imprison Americans indefinitely without due process?...

The NDAA sure sounds very in favor of the U.S. Constitution doesn't it?...

Just because a politician or even person claims he is a Republican doesn't make him/her so...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Can you imagine what utter hell we will be in for his last two years if he wins the HOR in 2014?
edit on 27-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Can't be worse than what the Republicans are doing at the moment - ie: nothing. I really genuinely think that they've gone raving mad.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
We aren't under martial law however that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. We do now live in a country where the citizenry though not labeled enemy combatant is treated as if they were. We do now live in a country where journalists can be indefinitely detained if they're so much as suspected to have had contact with terrorist networks or supporters of such networks. We do now live in a country where any activist can be labeled belligerent or can be set up in a FBI operation and in case anyone didn't notice it's activists on all sides, Left, Right and Center.

And just to address a pet peeve of mine, the OP claims throughout the thread that Republicans of yesteryear fought tyranny, slavery and fought for the civil rights of others... she is right, they did but those Republicans of yesteryear were also liberals (Center and left of Center).

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

The U. S. Army Contracting Command - New Jersey, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, in support of PD Non-Standard Ammunition (PD-NSA), intends to issue a solicitation to all existing Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) holders for Acquisition of Non Standard Ammuntion, Ammunition Related Items & Mortar Weapon Systems to procure the following:

1. 2,000,000 each 7.62x39mm Ball, delivered to Camp Stanley in Boerne, TX
2. 550,000 each 7.62x39mm Ball, delivered to Blue Grass Army Depot
3. 575,000 each 7.62x39mm Blank, delivered to Blue Grass Army Depot
4. 425,000 each 9x18mm Ball, delivered to Blue Grass Army Depot

www.fbo.gov...

Why is the U.S government buying so many rounds? yes, I am aware that they claim is for training, but as many of you have stated in other threads, and is true, you don't buy 1.6 billion hollow-point rounds for training, they are too expensive to be used for training.

Now we are seeing that the U.S. government is also buying large quantities of other non-standard ammo.

All of the ammo listed there is for Russian weapons - 7.62x39 for the older AK-47's and AKM's (rather than the modernized and generally more effective AK-74 and AK-74M), and 9x18 for Makarovs.

I think a more to the point question is why are they buying ammo for RUSSIAN weapons, and getting ball ammo (as opposed to the blanks listed) in those quantities?

When you put that together with the Russian troops known to be "training" here, it gives me an itchy feeling.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Um, in case you missed it and didn't read my whole response:

WHO CARES?

USA is just a piece of dirt and some politics.
If it gets to the point where the politics interfere with my quality of life, as said before, I'll MOVE.

I'll take my toys and my brain and my money somewhere I'll be happier.
For instance: Top 10 Countries to live in 2013 or, Top 10 SAFEST Countries to live in 2013
Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland seem to pop up a LOT in these top 10 BEST/SAFEst places lists.
Do a search yourself.

Enough people do this and USA will get both a money and a brain drain, while countries who get people like me will benefit.

Reread my last post in full.

I could care less if USA turns into NAZI Germany, Stalinist Russia, Franco Spain, Mussolini's Italy, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Milosevic's Bosnia, or whatever.
It's a piece of dirt and some politics.

I'll go somewhere I can appreciate and be appreciated.

Until then; yay USA. After that; sayanora suckah.

Like rats deserting a sinking ship.

But rats with a fairly inflated view of themselves - "Enough people do this and USA will get both a money and a brain drain, while countries who get people like me will benefit. "

People like you?

Go.

Farewell.

Don't let the door bump your ass on the way out.

You'd only be in the way, anyhow. Go be in someone else's way.

"People like you", party animals and whatnot, cannot see the writing on the wall for all the giggling and drinking. If you decide to stay, just stay indoors and out of the way. Mix another drink, turn on some "Big Brother" on tv, and chill until the dust settles. You'll hardly notice anything that way.

Just like you don't notice anything now.

The only question I have is, if you don't leave the country, how in the world can we miss you?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too abrasive with Martial Law. There are a bunch of very very angry citizens out there that are angry about a whole bunch of different things ranging from poverty to being unlucky with the opposite sex to being bullied all their lives.

A mentally ill rager is much more dangerous than a trained and technologically advanced military force.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's been fairly stated that the video in the OP is mistitled - there isn't any "martial law" in the US... yet.

What we DO have is a different critter, and we need a new name for it.

Police are increasingly becoming militarized, but that doesn't make them a military. Therefore their enforcement practices and procedures, hair raising as they may be, cannot fairly fall under the heading of "martial law", which is, after all, administered and enforced by a military body.

The increasing and accelerating militarization of police forces within the US is transforming Officer Friendly into a Brownshirt. A PARAMILITARY, rather than a military. Paramilitaries have important distinctions from militaries. They don't have to follow the same rules. As an example, but only one example, for there are others, look at the ammunition purchases by DoJ for their own paramilitaries. They are buying hollow point ammunition. The Geneva Conventions specifically prohibits hollow points and like rounds (ex - "dum dum" rounds with a sealed jacket but a hollow cavity within) for military use. The Geneva Conventions ONLY allow the use of full metal jacketed bullets, because they are less destructive of the target. Hollow points and dum dum rounds make a mess of things, and leave little specks of bullet all through the wound cavities. Paramilitaries are under no such restrictions, as they are not a National Military.

Since we are not under military rule, we cannot be said to be under martial law. Instead, with the militarization of police forces into paramilitaries, we are under a different thing altogether. It only LOOKS the same. I propose the term "paramartial law" for it, since it is now enforced by paramilitaries.

We are under Paramartial Law.

Regarding the folks who are all giddy because they don't know a road block when they see one, and think road blocks are similar to nessie - might be reported, but probably don't exist...

I recently escaped from North Carolina. Yeah, like a rat deserting a sinking ship. S'ok, because it was never home anyhow. I was just passing through, for 20 years or so. There was a place I lived there for a year or two, where the police set up random roadblocks 2 or 3 times a week, EVERY week. Sometimes it was "sobriety checkpoints", some times it was "license checkpoints", but they were all roadblocks, and God help you if you saw it in time to turn around and leave, because you didn't have time to play their silly-assed games. "Hot pursuit" was the order of the day then, and they WOULD run you to ground and ruin your whole day, charge you with "evasion" and "obstruction", and give you some really pretty, but uncomfortable, bracelets.

Instead of "your papers, please" or "su passaporte, por favor", their catch phrase was "license and registration, please". Not all that different.

You wanna see a cop get irritable at a check point? ask him if he ought not to be out catching criminals or something, instead of harassing citizens. Yeah, they get bent out of shape about that. Ask me how I know.

I spent two years playing cat and mouse with the checkpoints, just because it was fun. I'd vary my route every day, and avoid them. Eventually, they got irritable about that. It got their attention, I guess. Anyhow, they wised up, and in order to make me finally go through one, they set it up ACROSS MY DRIVEWAY. I lived on a dirt road, not a high traffic area where road blocks were lucrative. It was all for me. I felt so special! Didn't matter which direction I came from, one car on one side of my driveway and one on the other guaranteed I'd have to go through it to get to my house.

So anyhow, I went through it and went to my house, about a 100 meters off the road from the road block deep in the woods, went inside, got the officers a Dr. Pepper apiece and took the drinks back out to the road block - it was a hot day, I figured they'd earned it - and POOF they were already gone.They'd checked the papers on their target, and suddenly decided they had better things to do now.

Yeah, the road blocks and "your papers please" guys are out there, in droves.

I've still never seen Nessie, though.

edit on 2013/7/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well, as you know those bullets can only fit certain foreign weapons.

10--Foreign/Non-Standard Weapons, Accessories, and Parts
Solicitation Number: W15QKN12XC003
Agency: Department of the Army
Office: Army Contracting Command

Solicitation Number:
W15QKN12XC003 Notice Type:
Sources Sought
Synopsis:
Added: Mar 02, 2012 4:26 pm Modified: Mar 08, 2012 10:36 amTrack Changes
The purpose of this amendment is to clarify that BOA stands for Basic OrderingAgreement.
Added: Mar 02, 2012 4:26 pm Modified: Jul 09, 2013 3:33 pmTrack Changes

The U.S. Army, Army Contracting Command (ACC) Joint Munitions & Lethality(JM&L) Contracting Center, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806-5000 in support of the U.S. Army Research Development Engineering Command Armament Research Development and Engineering Center (RDECOM-ARDEC) and several Program Offices is conducting market research to establish a manageable number of Blanket Order Agreements (BOAs) to fulfill continuing requirements with vendors capable of providing multiple variants of foreign, non-standard, U.S.-obsolete, and commercial weapons, accessories, and weapon parts. Vendors must have the capability to ship the aforementioned weapons, once procured, to multiple locations around the United States and OCONUS locations to support the U.S. Governments mission in accordance with all applicable U.S. and foreign regulations for the transit of weapons. Vendors shall obtain and maintain proper registrations and licenses for conducting these types of business. The overarching intent of this program and procurement action is to find and use a source or vendor that can reach around the world at any given moment to gather and provide multiple types of weapons and weapon parts. Weapons and weapon parts covered under this survey may include, but are not limited to, the following:

Weapons: AK-47 and AKM Variants (Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947) AK-74 Variants (Avtomat Kalashnikova 1974) PK Machine Gun Variants (PK/PKS/ PKM/PKMS) Submachine Guns Heckler and Koch G-3 (Gewehr 3 Rifle) FN FAL (Fabrique Nationale Fusil Automatique Leger) MGL (Multiple Grenade Launcher) MG3 (Maschinengewehr 3) RPK (Ruchnoi Pulemet Kalashnikova) DShK (Degtyarev-Shpagin, large caliber) Dragunov SVD (Snaiperskaya Vintovka Dragunova, or Dragunov Sniper Rifle) 82mm Mortar System 9mm Pistols (e.g. Glock 19, Walther PP/PPK [Polizei Pistole and Polizei Pistole Kur],CZ-52 Tokarev Pistol Makarov PM [Type 59 and other versions]) RPG (Ruchnoy Protivotankoviy Granatomet, Commonly Referred to as Rocket Propelled Grenade) Launchers: o RPG-7 NSV Machine Gun SPG-9 Recoilless Gun Yak-B 12.7mm Machine Gun Shotguns

Weapon Parts: Russian and former Soviet Block weapons to include the AK47, AKM47, AK74, RPK, RPD, PK, PKM, DShK, KPV, NSV, YAK-B, Makarov, Tokarev, SKS, SVD, FPK, RPG-7, 82mm Mortars, GP-25/30 grenade launchers. Other major foreign army and police weapons to include the FN-FAL, AR18, SAR-21, H&K G3, HK21, HK53, MP5, MG3, BHP, Glock 17/19, Model 61 (Skorpion), Uzi, M10, Sterling, Sten, PM12, MPi 69, FAMAS, AUG, L85, SA-80, Galil, Valmet, 550/1/2, P90, and Ultimax. Uncommon or obsolete U.S. weapons to include the 1903 Springfield, 1911 BAR, 1919, M1/M1a1 and M3 submachine guns, M1 and M2 carbines, and M79. Other commercial or para-military weapons. The parts required are for replacement and repair at all levels of repair, overhaul and rebuilding. This includes all parts of the weapon including the barrel but less the frame or receiver that is considered the firearm under U.S. law. Also included are books, manuals, tools and gauges as well as training aids, non-firing replicas and cut-away of weapons, components and ammunition.

www.fbo.gov...

The question is, are these weapons and bullets going to be used in "exercises" within U.S. soil or will they be used to "arm insurgents" elsewhere for some future planned war?

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The question is, are these weapons and bullets going to be used in "exercises" within U.S. soil or will they be used to "arm insurgents" elsewhere for some future planned war?

Interesting.

If the 'goods' go 'elsewhere', then maybe the 'costs' get accounted for in a different 'column'.

Maybe they keep the 'cost' of 'foreign aid' at a lower number.

Clever.

I would say the final 'destinations' are foreign.

Drills in the U.S. by foreign troops would use their own munitions I think, and/or would be 'blanks' not live ammo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join