It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News- now under MARTIAL LAW- Democracy being suspended

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

That is not governance, that is dictation through threat of violence. No more republican or democrat nonsense. It's a non issue in today's America. There is only true patriots or there are traitors to our Constitution.

I been try'n to tell people this for years. Very well said but a dollar to a donut says
thoughts of voting people from office and dividing bickerment over administrations
will abound in 321.
edit on 26-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Helious

I do not believe for one second I know that quit a few people do I won't our congressman, and other leaders are responsible for their own actions no one else.

Sounds just like the puppet excuse.

No puppet excuse. No lies and no ambiguity. Lobbyism has crippled and is enroute to destroy America. The Department of Justice has said on record that the big banks can not be prosecuted. This was on national television, what more proof do you need that our political funding system and that of repayment are out of line with what is truly American?

American senators, representatives, mayors, governors and even sheriffs receive political "campaign funds" from these groups. In large part, the argument can be made that they would not have been put on a ballet or even considered if it wasn't for these funds. Those that are voted in are indebted to their contributors.

You could say, I'm making this all up but we both know that I'm not. Scandals that run between contractors, family members and friends are just too easy to list but the smarter people, those that occupy the higher spots in Washington aren't as stupid for connections to be made so easily.

We can still connect the dots, we have seen it with not only Obama and global elitists but also with private military contractors and wars. It is about global financial domination and nobody wan't to be left without a chair. The laws of this country are allowed to be broken with impunity by the few to oppress the lawful rights of the many.

Talk to me all you want about political ideals, I understand the need for much of legislation and of law and of national security. What I don't understand is a government that violates 200 year old standing law with impunity against the very grain of the American people, against our supreme law, in outward and bold violation of all of our rights as American citizens and then have to suffer those that would make excuses for them to do so.

They are wrong. The law is the law. The constitution is the final law of this land, of America. You can paint it any way you want to suit your needs or beliefs but at the end of what could turn out to be a really long day. When you violate the Constitution to the point it becomes a perversion and a scourge to personal freedom, at some point, now or in the future, you will........... Pay the price.

edit on 26-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I do not believe for one second I know that quit a few people do I won't our congressman, and other leaders are responsible for their own actions no one else.

Drink'n and type'n is dangerous.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Helious

Sounds just like the puppet excuse.

Huh?
I read this four times and still can't even guess what you are trying to say

By the way your dr Seuss was awesome! Star for you!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Okay, so, I'm back in for the evening after having a bit of night out with some girlfriends.

We met up. We went out. We had some drinks. We laughed and told stories and gossiped and argued and caught up.

If there was martial law, there would have been a curfew.
If such was in effect, none of the police cars we passed parked outside of a Waffle House or lurking on the side of the road with a radar gun seemed to mind that we were out driving around with the top down, hair loose to the wind, radio up, singing, and most importantly bucking the non-existent martial law curfew.

There were no road blocks. No checkpoints. No stops. No searches. Not even a squinty suspicious stink eye.
We might of even had some fun of it if people wanted to strip search us, but, no, no such adventures were in store for us, or even narrowly avoided.

Even on the way back home after saying our good nights, there were no spotlights aimed at us, no helicopters, no patrol cars following anyone, no random stops to check ze papers, nothing.

Thus, there you have it.
I was out well past any respectable curfew that any respectable military rank enforcing even a loose interpretation of martial law would have in enforcement.
I was not required to duck or dodge or avoid any kind of unwanted official scrutiny, answer any kind of questions, or perform any kind of anything.
We went out.
We had some fun.
We did as we pleased.

I don't know what planet you people are living on, but where I'm at, it's Sumertime and the Livin' is Easy.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Have you at all been paying attention to the stark change in US domestic policy these last twelve years?

Cause if you did and wasn't sticking your head in the sand you would notice:
1. The shredding of the constitution.
2. The rampant corruption reaching new levels.
3. Corporations and the oligarchy dictating policy.
4. The vast expansion of the DHS and police state infrastructure designed to control people and extinguish uprisings.
5. The media and government vilifying and targeting political dissidents.
6. That the differences between the two parties are superficial, that progression is a synthesis of both parties policies and mainly not beneficial to most of us.
That's off the top of my head, members here could go on forever with a list like this.
In fact, why not pitch in!

You really haven't noticed at all have you?

Keep dreaming then.. that's all I can say.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I've notice a LOT of Conspiracy Theorist Chicken Little-ing, Fear Mongering, Running around in Circles and hand flapping.
I've notice all this just like I noted the same the PREVIOUS 12 years before that.

I'm not exactly new to the whole conspiracy theory thing.
It's the same song all the time; The apocalypse is going to happen, the POTUS is Satan incarnate, my gawd my gawd we're all going to die and become slaves to TPTB, or the Illuminati, or Reptiles from outer space!!!
Everybody poop their pants right now while they still can. My gawd my gawd.

Seriously?

While it's entertaining to some extent, there comes a point where all this cry baby nonsense just becomes ridiculous.

US Constitution?
Who Cares?

USA is just a piece of dirt with some some group of idiots lording power over its constituent population like any other country on the planet.

If they get too cheeky and it effects my quality of life enough for me to consider it a problem, I'll take my toys and my brain and my money somewhere I'll be happier.
For instance: Top 10 Countries to live in 2013 or, Top 10 SAFEST Countries to live in 2013
Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland seem to pop up a LOT in these top 10 BEST/SAFEst places lists.
Do a search yourself.

You see this happening in lots of countries where the living isn't all that great; Brain Drain, and Wealth Drain.
If enough of your smart and wealthy people are abandoning ship for other countries, it might be a good sign something needs to get fixed, and fixed quick, because with money and brains getting gone, SOMEONE ELSE is going to be profiting from that loss.

On a smaller scale you see this happen in cities with Gentrification, or Sprawl. It works both ways and it's entirely scaleable up to the national and international level.

Don't like it? Leave.
Go somewhere you can appreciate and be appreciated.

Before people all start going "Why Don't you just ..." at me, well, I will kick off and leave the US, gladly so when and if this nation becomes more a bother than a boon.

It's just dirt and politics, all of which can be found to anyone's liking anywhere else.

None of this noise Conspiracy people are making is going to matter one stitch. No demonstrations, petitions, rallies, marches, protests, or even Revolutions are going to do anything.
Vote however you want to vote; it isn't going to matter because whoever gets power in the next term, regardless of how much you believe in whatever message they sell you will use the powers built up by the previous administration to gain even more control however they interpret it.

Throw fits all you want, but, people like me aren't going to sweat it. We'll just take our toys, our money, and our brains someplace else.

If it all amounts to WW3 and/or planetary destruction, then, it doesn't really matter much anyway where you're at then does it? May as well die somewhere it's nice to die at.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Right, so Fox News is not under martial law and democracy has not been suspended. Can't we at least wait till Obamas last few weeks before people get their knickers in a twist about martial law. Like people did with Bush.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You go ahead and keep living in your little dream world where you keep gossiping with your female friends thinking you are free because you are allowed some leeway meanwhile the truth is right under your nose.

The United States today is not like it was 12 years ago... Read the information given, I didn't make up any of it, yet you want to claim "you are as free as ever" when the entire United States has been deemed a "battlefield" by those in power?... You want to claim you are "as free as ever" when due process does not exist anymore and the government just has to claim "you are an extremist/terrorist" and you will be locked up indefinitely without a right to a lawyer, or a trial?...

Battlefield US: Americans face arrest as war criminals under Army state law

Published time: November 29, 2011 00:21
Edited time: December 16, 2011 20:48

America is opening up a new warfront and it’s in your own backyard. It’s in your neighbor’s house, it’s three states over and it’s on the other side of the Mississippi.

That’s what a new legislation could lead to and the consequences are dire and constitutionally damning.

The United States Senate is set to vote this week on a bill that would categorize the entire USA as abattlefield,” allowing law enforcement duties to be dished out by the American Military, who in turn could detain any US citizen as a war criminal — even coming into their own homes to issue arrests.

The National Defense Authorization Act regularly comes before Congress for changes and additions, but the latest provision, S. 1867, proves to be the most powerful one yet in raping constitutional freedoms from Americans. Move over, Patriot Act. Should S. 1867 pass, lawmakers could conjure the text to keep even regular citizens detained indefinitely by their own military.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), a supporter of the bill, has explicitly stated that the passing of S. 1867 wouldbasically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield and could lead to the detention of citizens without charge or trial, writes Chris Anders of the American Civil Liberties Unions Washington office.

rt.com...

In case you didn't know, if you were watching the latest "reality show" and missed "reality" the NDAA has passed. It is a law.

NDAA Indefinite Detention Bill Passes Senate After Rand Paul Calls It An 'Abomination'

Posted: 12/21/2012 4:13 pm EST | Updated: 12/21/2012 5:22 pm EST

The Senate passed a version of the National Defense Authorization Act that was stripped of a prohibition of the indefinite military detention of US citizens on American soil by an 81-14 vote on Friday, but only after a furious dissent on the chamber's floor by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who called it an "abomination."

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 will now head to the White House, which had earlier pledged to veto the NDAA because it prevents the president from closing the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. It is unclear whether the president will follow through on the threat.

The NDAA is a reauthorization of the large budget bill that sets the budget for a wide range of military activities, but it has proven most controversial for a provision that critics say would allow the military to abuse its detention powers to lock Americans away on the mere suspicion of support for terrorist groups.

In November, a bipartisan group of Senators affixed an amendment to the NDAA that would have explicitly prohibited the military from detaining American citizens on US soil. But earlier this week, a House-Senate conference committee led by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) stripped away that measure.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama signs NDAA 2013 without objecting to indefinite detention of Americans

Published time: January 03, 2013 17:01
Edited time: May 15, 2013 14:24

President Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 on Wednesday, giving his stamp of approval to a Pentagon spending bill that will keep Guantanamo Bay open and make indefinite detention for US citizens as likely as ever.

The president inked his name to the 2013 NDAA on Wednesday evening to little fanfare, and accompanied his signature with a statement condemning a fair number of provisions contained in a bill that he nevertheless endorsed.

The NDAA, an otherwise mundane annual bill that lays out the use of funds for the Department of Defense, has come under attack during the Obama administration for the introduction of a provision last year that allows the military to detain United States citizens indefinitely without charge or trial for mere suspicions of ties to terrorism. Under the 2012 NDAAs Sec. 1021, Pres. Obama agreed to give the military the power to arrest and hold Americans without the writ of habeas corpus, although he promised with that years signing statement that his administration would not abuse that privilege.

rt.com...

Just because it hasn't been enforced entirely doesn't mean " but look, I am as free as ever, yipeee"...

That's a nice "DREAM" you are having there...

Maybe it's time for you to "wake up"...

In case you didn't know Hitler's Germany went through similar processes and even during the times when Jewish people were being rounded up OTHER regular Germans were allowed to go out and pretty much do whatever they wanted to do... But hey, it's your dream huh?...

Seriously, wake up and smell the garbage being passed for roses...

edit on 27-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The reason your government is not like it was 12 years ago, is because you massively over reacted to 9/11. So much so that you went in to 2 questionable wars and became so paranoid, you felt the need to listen to everyone's phone calls, track everyone's movements and militarise your police to protect you from the terrorist boogeyman. The same people that supply the army for their wars are the same companies now providing security technologies and hardware for your police.

That's why your country isn't the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
move to a little island off bermuda.....WILLSOONNNNNN!!!!
edit on 27-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Don't like it? Leave.
Go somewhere you can appreciate and be appreciated.

Oh right, so you are one of those people that if you see someone being abused you just "keep walking and do nothing about it"...

You may say you will try to help that person but your previous response says otherwise.

Where do you "run" when the entire world is undergoing similar "changes"?... Where do you "run" under a One World Government that has the power to go anywhere take, can take you away and lock you up indefinitely or even kill you?...

You see, it is because most people are like you that this is being allowed to happen.

Most Americans are content in just "getting by" and having a "beer" or "gossiping with their friends meanwhile watching your latest reality show" meanwhile things in the real world are turning worse and worse.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
That's why your country isn't the same.

Last I checked the United States didn't "go alone to fight the wars"...

Even during the Bush years and even with the patriot act Americans weren't labeled as "extremists" and the United States wasn't a "battlefield"...

As for the past... the past is the past, if you keep living in the past you won't have a future...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Um, in case you missed it and didn't read my whole response:

WHO CARES?

USA is just a piece of dirt and some politics.
If it gets to the point where the politics interfere with my quality of life, as said before, I'll MOVE.

I'll take my toys and my brain and my money somewhere I'll be happier.
For instance: Top 10 Countries to live in 2013 or, Top 10 SAFEST Countries to live in 2013
Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland seem to pop up a LOT in these top 10 BEST/SAFEst places lists.
Do a search yourself.

Enough people do this and USA will get both a money and a brain drain, while countries who get people like me will benefit.

Reread my last post in full.

I could care less if USA turns into NAZI Germany, Stalinist Russia, Franco Spain, Mussolini's Italy, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Milosevic's Bosnia, or whatever.
It's a piece of dirt and some politics.

I'll go somewhere I can appreciate and be appreciated.

Until then; yay USA. After that; sayanora suckah.

Edit: Your last post? Watching people get hurt and doing nothing about it?

Question: How much money have you donated to African Nation relief funds and charities this year?
How much Charity work or money do you actually donate to ANYTHING?
It's easy to be a keyboard militant.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

But the past drives the future. What was set up after 9/11has increased the governments paranoia, where its becoming scared of its own shadow.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Um, in case you missed it and didn't read my whole response:

WHO CARES?

USA is just a piece of dirt and some politics.
If it gets to the point where the politics interfere with my quality of life, as said before, I'll MOVE.

Good for you, but guess what, first most Americans can't just "pick up and leave"... Most Americans are living pay-check to pay-check meanwhile Obama and those in power claim "we are recovering"...

in case you didn't notice this is happening not only in the United States but worldwide. But like I said, keep dreaming if you want.

However, what I have to wonder is if you don't really care about this why post in this thread at all?... Just to show you are carefree and don't care what happens to others meanwhile "you can gossip with your friends"? You typed quite a bit just to claim "WHO CARES"?...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

But the past drives the future. What was set up after 9/11has increased the governments paranoia, where its becoming scared of its own shadow.

So according to your reasoning Germany should have never changed and stayed the same today with another "Hitler' in power...

The past gives people experience not to commit the same mistake they made in "the past"...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'm illustrating a contrast to the over-reactionary hand flapping Chicken Little Fear Mongering that has been going on on conspiracy theory websites since the beginning of the internet.

Rant and scream away.

I speak from rationality.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I'm not suggesting that whatsoever. Just pointing out firstly that your thread title is misleading and that the over reaction to 9/11 and the influence of the military industrial complex on the proceeding actions of your government, have brought us to this point. So how do we stop this or reverse it? I'm pretty sure the Republicans would be behaving the same as the democrats, so how do you change this tide of totalitarianism if both sides carry on with the same agenda?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Edit: Your last post? Watching people get hurt and doing nothing about it?

Question: How much money have you donated to African Nation relief funds and charities this year?
How much Charity work or money do you actually donate to ANYTHING?
It's easy to be a keyboard militant.

Let me get this straight... I have to prove to you how much money I keep spending in charities, and my past work in helping orphans and single moms with kids before my injury in order for what is happening in the U.S. to matter?...

Sure, there are people who have given, and give more than me. But to this day I keep doing what I can and still CARE about what is happening in the United States instead of just going through life with an attitude of "WHO CARES."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join