It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are God and Satan actually good friends?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
According to Judaism. Yes

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
No not good buddies at all. God has even got a special place prepared for satan.

God has prepared the future for Satan.
God is here now and God pretends there is a future so God projects himself into somewhere that does not exist - because the future scenario (or past scenario does not exist) one feels powerless because it is just a dream world that is not actually happening presently. Action happens now in presence.
Satan does not exist because Satan is what lives in dreamt time. He is what fears not being and he has every right to fear the end because soon he will be seen as just an illusion that makes life very unpleasant.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I believe satan fell before man was created.

When one believes the stories about things outside presence then God has divided himself into two.
Nothing was ever created - nothing has been made - only the mind builds a world consisting of some thing other than this ever changing presence. It is flowing and ever fresh and new.
There is only presence and anything else is imagined in presence.

This present image is all there is and man was made in it.
The present image is non conceptual yet concepts arise in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Over the years, I found myself thinking:

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

So, Satan spends all of his time looking for "I told you so!", trying to send everyone to hell because he is proud and feels man is worthless in attempt to keep himself above us, while Jesus tries to find reason's to protect you from hell, because he loves all creation, including us. "Created in OUR image" sheds some light on possibly the reason why he has such an attachment and why Satan doesn't.

Added: Satan was once loved to the point that perhaps because of mankind being favored, he might have gotten jealous. Kind of like a firstborn son realising that the new baby is getting all the attention, he might become jealous and proud against his new sibling.

Just my thoughts.

edit on 27-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

Our God is our Defender. Parents will defend their children when their children are faced with destruction. The whole of nature even all of creation proclaims what God is like, most people just do not know what they're looking at.

All throughout the Hebrew bible you will see the theme of the firstborn son being supplanted by the second. Firstborns were always put on a pedestal, and they received a double portion of everything, inheritance, highest honors in government and law, and the greater prestige. Lets just say God has always had a thing for the underdog, the under privileged, the one who usually gets shafted. He proclaimed it all from the very beginning, right down to the children of the first born being set against the children of the second born, and we see this play out today in the M.E.

Genesis 3:14-15

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

Woman came from man, and marriage between man and woman reunite that union into one flesh, and this is how Jesus can be the Son of Man, but born of a virgin woman with no human father.
edit on 27-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

So, Satan spends all of his time looking for "I told you so!", trying to send everyone to hell because he is proud and feels man is worthless in attempt to keep himself above us, while Jesus tries to find reason's to protect you from hell, because he loves all creation, including us. "Created in OUR image" sheds some light on possibly the reason why he has such an attachment and why Satan doesn't.

Added: Satan was once loved to the point that perhaps because of mankind being favored, he might have gotten jealous. Kind of like a firstborn son realising that the new baby is getting all the attention, he might become jealous and proud against his new sibling.

Just my thoughts.

Our God is our Defender. Parents will defend their children when their children are faced with destruction. The whole of nature even all of creation proclaims what God is like, most people just do not know what they're looking at.

All throughout the Hebrew bible you will see the theme of the firstborn son being supplanted by the second. Firstborns were always put on a pedestal, and they received a double portion of everything, inheritance, highest honors in government and law, and the greater prestige. Lets just say God has always had a thing for the underdog, the under privileged, the one who usually gets shafted. He proclaimed it all from the very beginning, right down to the children of the first born being set against the children of the second born, and we see this play out today in the M.E.

And you shall eat dust
15 And I will put enmity

Woman came from man, and marriage between man and woman reunite that union into one flesh, and this is how Jesus can be the Son of Man, but born of a virgin woman with no human father.

agreeing with your post LW

but what you mean by "this is being played out in the ME "...?
- i just hope that you didnt refer to the edomite deception named the present country of israel

its interesting,
to see how the egyptian pantheon [ Gog] has exalted the firstborn always
- hence Gods tactic to not exalt the firstborn [ strongest] but the second born

...He does nothing without a Purpose
and eventually will let Evils factions fight and destroy eachOTHER

..bless you

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No, Yahweh was just talking to himself.

Yahweh has multiple personalities. First he's an iron-fisted war lord that shows no mercy in the OT, then he comes back a few thousand years later as a turn the other cheek, anti-violence type of guy in the NT, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was just talking to himself in Job.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
No, Yahweh was just talking to himself.

Yahweh has multiple personalities. First he's an iron-fisted war lord that shows no mercy in the OT, then he comes back a few thousand years later as a turn the other cheek, anti-violence type of guy in the NT, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was just talking to himself in Job.

That's not accurate at all. He offered grace and mercy to the Egyptians, they refused, to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, they tried to rape two angels, and numerous times to the nation of Israel, they rebelled constantly. And in the NT God offers forgiveness and reconciliation numerous times and people yet again refuse.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I think you're reading it wrong. Job 1:12.... he grants permission for Satan to cause problems for Job as a test.

Ya they do talk to each other on the odd occasion which is interesting. As enemies though, not friends as show in Job chapter 1.

The thing that people don't realize is this. We have so much pride and ego. We think things in the world have to work a certain way. No they don't. God, is all powerful. He can do anything he wants. If he wants to test us he can. I feel like I'm being tested right now in life. But what I'm realizing in the hardship is you get stronger. You're more capable. It's been an extremely enriching time. Like there's an old saying that goes...."in the rich times you put it in your pocket, but in the lean times you put it in your heart!". You still gain in character. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, that's how life works. If you're never tested, you get fat, lazy, prideful, vain, egotistical, and life gets boring. So we need to be tested from time to time in order to grow.

But no God and satan are not colaborating. It's more like russia and the Us when they'd talk back during the cold war sending messages from one president to the other stating there position on matters. But that is an interesting book none the less. Problems in life aren't bad. Again, they do make you stronger in the end, til eventually you come to a point where you realize you can take on nearly anything life can throw at you. But with all the problems that life does have I think you're in a far better position to align yourself with God and be able to ask for his help when you need it. Without it then you got no supernatural assistance. My thought is align yourself with the most powerful. It just makes sense. You want the most powerful on your side, not against you.
edit on 27-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

At least he didn't kill the children and infa.... oh, never mind, he totally did.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
God is the CREATOR
Satan is a creature, and a fallen one at that

God allows Satan to exist, and Satan hunts down men like a lion looking for who he can devour. Satan is wicked a liar and will be cast in the lake of fire

"And though this world, with devils filled, should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim, we tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure, for lo, his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him."
from Martin Luthers A Mighty Fortress is our God

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

At least he didn't kill the children and infa.... oh, never mind, he totally did.

this kinda proves what I was saying about pride. yes we know it all don't we. Why need God when we know it all already.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I don't know everything, but I do know that killing babies isn't an act of love. I also know that justifying baby killing is pretty sick and weak-minded.

To each his own I guess.

By the way, I'm not an atheist. For some reason, Christians accuse me of being an atheist all the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

1 Samuel 15

The Amakelites were Nephillim giants.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Good for them? I personally don't believe in giants, sounds like fantasy to me. Have we found evidence of giants ever living on Earth? If not, then I will assume giants are pure fantasy.

I guess since the children and infants were Nephilim, that means they deserved to die? Sounds kind of prejudiced to me.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Good for them? I personally don't believe in giants, sounds like fantasy to me. Have we found evidence of giants ever living on Earth? If not, then I will assume giants are pure fantasy.

I guess since the children and infants were Nephilim, that means they deserved to die? Sounds kind of prejudiced to me.

The reason the fallen angels were making Nephillim was to try and pollute the bloodline to the Messiah. God had to have them eradicated. And do a Google search for Nephiilim or giant skeletons found all over the world. Its stunning.
edit on 27-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The bible says god killed the Amalekites because of when they attacked the Israelites coming out of Egypt. Context my friend, it says nothing about the reason being was them trying to pollute a bloodline. But, I guess those children and infants were at fault for what Amalek did, right?

Those giant skeletons have never been brought forward and the few photos I found on google were clearly photoshopped and proven to be fakes.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

Just my thoughts.

I believe satan fell before man was created.

How do you come to believe that?

Not saying your wrong by any means, even in the slightest. I'm just curious to know your thoughts on it. I find all of these subjects worth exploring to the fullest.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

Just my thoughts.

And you shall eat dust
15 And I will put enmity

I can see this and agree. It's as though the "mother goose is making sure that the weakest goosling is keeping up with the rest of the siblings, taking special care to nudge it along in times of need... so long as the youngling doesnt snap back and fight so hard to push away that loving attention for it's own lost way that leads to starvation and an endless supply of predators".

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Numerous archaeologists have talked at length about the skeletons they have found. And you didn't search to well, many photos predate computers and Photoshop. Also look for the many enormous tools and weapons of giants that have been found.

Nephilim.

Forbidden Archaeology
edit on 27-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Because when he shows up in the garden as the shining one he is already evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join