It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are God and Satan actually good friends?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
No, thought the elite dark hats here like to pretend its thus. I believe the word is free will, and Goodness extends Compassion and a helping hand for the entities to return home when they are able to.

Now this is intelligible.

The three friends of Job represent Philosophy, Theology, and Spirituality.

The young man at the end represents Soul.

Job represents wisdom in that he knows to keep his mouth shut at the end.

So...

Unity_99 mentioned, Free will: I say Philosophy.
"Goodness extends compassion": I say Theology,
and "a helping hand for entities returning home": I say Spirituality.

But Soul is the restorer of all things.

Mike

edit on 26-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There is only 1 who is 'lying about the true nature of human existance'. And that one aint God.

regards

So you figure God has no part in our 'memory veil' or 'matrix simulation', or whatever you'd call our reality on this rock? If it were up to him we wouldn't be born without questions of our purpose?

I shan't think this is true.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

More like two sides of the same coin. God is a multiple personality and pathologically inclined to sadism.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

There is only 1 who is 'lying about the true nature of human existance'. And that one aint God.

regards

So you figure God has no part in our 'memory veil' or 'matrix simulation', or whatever you'd call our reality on this rock? If it were up to him we wouldn't be born without questions of our purpose?

I shan't think this is true.

no why would He have ' blocked our memory ' or whatever, on purpose ?
that d be cruel ?

- the situation is, that once we had a complete different kind of being then the blind, deaf, poor physical frame we nów live in..?

and who, you think, wants to kéep us within this poor blind frame ?
pushing no other realities as consumerism, materialism and sensuality upon us ?
to *keep* us imprisoned - and so to distract us to NOT search for Gods world ?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Is it possible that the Book of Job is a metephor of pain and suffering in the early idea of monothesim? What if God and Satan are not real, and just translations of an idea, that uses a metephor to explain pain and suffering in an early church? It's an amazing story. And it should stay as just a story.

I think the reason ideas like that are supported is because rational people actually believe words from people thousands of years ago.

I want to understand how Mobey Dick is less believable than Noah putting 7 pairs of all animals into a boat, without the tiger eating the the goats. And then repopulating the earth with just a single family. Herman Melville is a much better writer. He can be identified and his writings found. His story is based on a true story which can be identified and researched.

How many people are gonna die before people realize that, if there is a God, that god would be ashamed of being represented by us.

I am done ranting. This is a personal thing for me. Right now it is very personal. I want to get my head around it. If I have offended you, sorry.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The God in the Old Testament is Yaltabaoth
and Satan/Lucifer is one of his creations/powers/angels.. they are one and the same essentially.

Christ came and spoke of a completely different Father-God which is why he said the only way to the Father is through him (Christ) because before that we didn't know who that Father-God was, so Jesus Christ came and taught us about him... and the latter.

All of this information can be found in the Gnostic Scriptures.
When you learn a lot of it, you can understand conspiracy theories, secret societies and the bible much better and the obvious disparity between what the Roman Catholic Church says and teaches and what they actually do.

I'm actually surprised more people don't know about this stuff..

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Are they good friends?? God created Hell for the devil and his fallen angels.

The obvious implication would be a resounding no. Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Thanks, haven't gone into job yet for the metaphors. Have been toeing in selectively in the bible, for it was traumatic read as preteen/teen. I knew that either something was terribly wrong or some heavy handed warrior elites had put their 2 cents in there and rewritten god from their point of view.

But as it turns out the metaphors are knowledge and Tao and transmutation of spirit/soul/mind to Higher Mind, therefore Taoist Alchemy.

However read an nde that reminded me of home, it opened doors. I recall that free will is the state of everything, and this is where the woman who experienced the NDE expressed it differently than I would, though she said she had memories that were diminished after the experience. She expressed in the (some call this the second heaven, inbetween ours and the real universe or dimension), that there were demon type beings, and their victims, that she thought worked for God to be catalysts for our growth, or in a sense for us to choose. She thought it was about choosing sides.

Whereas a memory came back from that entire account, and I remembered something Free Will, and those who self appointed themselves more or less to be tormentors or stumbling blocks, who developed a like for playing out bad guy roles and they were really distorted. They may even believe they serve LOVE, but instead they are doing it under their own misguided steam. But as such, this school becomes a tougher place, and more of a challenge for some. In other words, with all that the various cosmic beings make the universe, ranging in frequency realms from eutopias to winterlands, due to the choices and behaviors of individuals, it nonetheless still helps us learn what we don't want. But God doesnt ordain it, doesnt contract it out. That is misguided ideas, even a kind of denial for their own state and choices, not taking responsibility.

But making a U-Turn and waking up to desiring happiness and even being able to connect with others in a positive way, and then from there, to even helping where you can, is something that is wished for all souls.

This universe isn't about choosing sides, its about progressing and overcoming faults no matter how long it may take.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by LittleByLittle

if killing is evil and satan somehow managed to get god to kill off job's children does that mean even god couldn't resist the temptation just to assuage his pride?

Soooooo, we meet again? Interesting COINCIDENCE. lol If you would spend time, reading the BIBLE, instead of seeking answers from people on ATS, looking for answers themselves, you would haven't so many questions to ask; now would you? Oh, but i remember, way back on my post, how you said you "denied me". Please....THIS...is the topic i ENJOY MOST. THIS topic God/Satan is exactly like TM/GZ relationship. Is it not? I'll answer your question, with 1 little picture. Figure it out, from there.
Good vs. Evil. Right vs. Wrong. Positive vs. Negative

Most people should clear the notion about how God operates. He's not some "boogie man" in the sky, waiting to grant your every wish. People want a relationship with God, thinking they're gonna be driving a Rolls Royce, living in Beverly Hills. You MIGHT, and that's a big MIGHT, get that lifestyle, but God's gonna bring you through some things, FIRST, so you "REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM" and remember Who got you there! In God's kingdom, you can't serve HIM and riches; And, at the same time, HE's not going to allow his DISCIPLES to be living on the streets, eating out of garbage cans.

Lots you have to learn and unfortunately, time is running out!!! Better get to "STUDYING" to "show yourself approved". It's not my job to teach you. It's your job to SEEK HIM, while HE....MAY BE FOUND.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Thanks, haven't gone into job yet for the metaphors. Have been toeing in selectively in the bible, for it was traumatic read as preteen/teen. I knew that either something was terribly wrong or some heavy handed warrior elites had put their 2 cents in there and rewritten god from their point of view.

But as it turns out the metaphors are knowledge and Tao and transmutation of spirit/soul/mind to Higher Mind, therefore Taoist Alchemy.

However read an nde that reminded me of home, it opened doors. I recall that free will is the state of everything, and this is where the woman who experienced the NDE expressed it differently than I would, though she said she had memories that were diminished after the experience. She expressed in the (some call this the second heaven, inbetween ours and the real universe or dimension), that there were demon type beings, and their victims, that she thought worked for God to be catalysts for our growth, or in a sense for us to choose. She thought it was about choosing sides.

Whereas a memory came back from that entire account, and I remembered something Free Will, and those who self appointed themselves more or less to be tormentors or stumbling blocks, who developed a like for playing out bad guy roles and they were really distorted. They may even believe they serve LOVE, but instead they are doing it under their own misguided steam. But as such, this school becomes a tougher place, and more of a challenge for some. In other words, with all that the various cosmic beings make the universe, ranging in frequency realms from eutopias to winterlands, due to the choices and behaviors of individuals, it nonetheless still helps us learn what we don't want. But God doesnt ordain it, doesnt contract it out. That is misguided ideas, even a kind of denial for their own state and choices, not taking responsibility.

But making a U-Turn and waking up to desiring happiness and even being able to connect with others in a positive way, and then from there, to even helping where you can, is something that is wished for all souls.

This universe isn't about choosing sides, its about progressing and overcoming faults no matter how long it may take.

Sure got that right.
How many times
throughout history
has it been the ones
who thought they
were doing good
that caused all the
pain and suffering.

One can see "Yama" in the center of the bottom picture sitting at his desk against the wall.

The book of Job illustrates how a man,
who has lost everything, can suffer more
when his own friends deign to judge him.

This is an ancient debate in the east
and they have many hells dedicated to it.

Mike
edit on 26-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

If he shows up and says he's god, Id ask to speak to his Mom. Just saying and not joking about it. God is Spirit, Infinite Consciousness and Mother/Father at that. All it takes is closing your eyes, meditating and asking questions for we're the temples for the Divine.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Over the years, I found myself thinking:

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

So, Satan spends all of his time looking for "I told you so!", trying to send everyone to hell because he is proud and feels man is worthless in attempt to keep himself above us, while Jesus tries to find reason's to protect you from hell, because he loves all creation, including us. "Created in OUR image" sheds some light on possibly the reason why he has such an attachment and why Satan doesn't.

Added: Satan was once loved to the point that perhaps because of mankind being favored, he might have gotten jealous. Kind of like a firstborn son realising that the new baby is getting all the attention, he might become jealous and proud against his new sibling.

Just my thoughts.

edit on 27-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
I've wondered about this for awhile. In the story of Job, when God and Satan first meet up, God asks,kind of casually, "where have you been?" no real hostility is evinced between the two through the whole story. Then the two proceed to make a Trading Places type deal as if they are the two old rich men (Randall and Mortimer) with Job as the Dan Akroyd/Eddie Murphy victim. Then God proceeds to torture his most faithful servant and kill off his kids seemingly just to prove a point to his drinking buddy.What this says about the nature oh God aside, does this show us that God and Satan aren't enemies at all but good friends?

Yes, he was gods most beloved angel, I once read that god and Satan are like defense and prosecuting attorneys.

The Jewish version of this scene is much different then the Christian.
edit on 083131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Its quite possible they are one and the same, split personality.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No not good buddies at all. God has even got a special place prepared for satan.

What you probably noticed is that its a strange relationship. But no not drinking pals.

God wouldn't allow mankind to be subject to satans ways and then exclude Himself from contact. He even allowed His Son to be tempted. In the case of Job God took full responsibility.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you knew who God is there is no way you could get satan being his friend.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Satan is gods administrator of exams. He tests people to see if their souls are worthy. He is under the control of god, one of his loyal servants. The Devil is the deceiver, a mischievous being. It is not necessarily a god but a trait of humans. I am not sure exactly what lucifer is, it is not either of the above. He could be the fallen angel, I know there is evil in the world. I think Lucifer and god may be at odds but I can't be sure.

I am not sure of the above, but from reading thousands of articles about these guys, I am leaning towards this.
edit on 27-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

So, Satan spends all of his time looking for "I told you so!", trying to send everyone to hell because he is proud and feels man is worthless in attempt to keep himself above us, while Jesus tries to find reason's to protect you from hell, because he loves all creation, including us. "Created in OUR image" sheds some light on possibly the reason why he has such an attachment and why Satan doesn't.

Added: Satan was once loved to the point that perhaps because of mankind being favored, he might have gotten jealous. Kind of like a firstborn son realising that the new baby is getting all the attention, he might become jealous and proud against his new sibling.

Just my thoughts.

edit on 27-7-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

that was a most sweet post thank you

you know
past saturdaymorning i woke after a hellish slip up of me
and between waking and dreaming i saw Him stand with outstretched arms
- very unusual i dream of Him -
saying the words "I am the Maat of all things"

...- i knew , later, that the phrase "Maat" was from Ma'at , the egyptian Hall of Judgment,
Hall of Two Truths,
and the fact that He used that phrase, ment He Overruled that judgment hall of evil
[ i had to dive since long time into the egyptian Spells, see, to try work them out]

..later i saw the "both arms stretched out" is the symbol of the Ka, the Spirit

- if He is backing us up,
we will win in the end

bless

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is only God and God is present.
Satan is the one who has left God's presence and dwells in past and future.

There is no past and future really - there are just thoughts arising in presence.

The thoughts are the word, the concept. Man is a concept arising in the non conceptual.
There is only God with words arising:
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

GOD is the Judge
Jesus is the Defence
Satan is the Prosecution

Just my thoughts.

I believe satan fell before man was created.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join