It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are God and Satan actually good friends?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've wondered about this for awhile. In the story of Job, when God and Satan first meet up, God asks,kind of casually, "where have you been?" no real hostility is evinced between the two through the whole story. Then the two proceed to make a Trading Places type deal as if they are the two old rich men (Randall and Mortimer) with Job as the Dan Akroyd/Eddie Murphy victim. Then God proceeds to torture his most faithful servant and kill off his kids seemingly just to prove a point to his drinking buddy.What this says about the nature oh God aside, does this show us that God and Satan aren't enemies at all but good friends?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Considering the balance of things, this is not so far-fetched. Think of the great divide in onesself, to sin or not to sin. Is that not Satan and God existing within yourself at once?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

there is a very good movie called The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus that explores this very concept. give it a watch. it might help you on your journey for knowledge

love light and peace

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
I've wondered about this for awhile. In the story of Job, when God and Satan first meet up, God asks,kind of casually, "where have you been?" no real hostility is evinced between the two through the whole story. Then the two proceed to make a Trading Places type deal as if they are the two old rich men (Randall and Mortimer) with Job as the Dan Akroyd/Eddie Murphy victim. Then God proceeds to torture his most faithful servant and kill off his kids seemingly just to prove a point to his drinking buddy.What this says about the nature oh God aside, does this show us that God and Satan aren't enemies at all but good friends?

oh what we would do to see as it were revealed, satan removes his mask and is welcomed into the frolic and festivities together with the chosen. having been a loyal servant of the Lord obeying his command to Rebel! to become a force of temptation.

we are instructed neither to fight evil, nor hate it. but to resist temptation! and indeed, Satan must seek God's council before he tempts the righteous. and must obtain Permission!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Could it be that Satan and Jesus are actually one in the same as well?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

From my understanding, as explained by an evangelist, they Were very good friends at one time.

Until Satan became a Free Thinker and Betrayed God. That is when Everything went to Hell in a Hand Basket.

God cast Satan to Hades via the river Styx.

It was when Satan (Lucifer) questioned Gods Sovereignty over all beings. Satan had thought that they both should be equal in all aspects of being. In Satan's mind the Trinity were wrong and that is when the betrayal happened. Satan tried to make changes that would benefit them both equally.

Satan does not hate god. God does not hate Satan. God hates sin but does not hate the sinner.

God and Satan has a relationship of mutual respect.

Satan was only trying to create a New Haven of Peace and Unity that was better than before.

edit on 26-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
No.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Could it be that Satan and Jesus are actually one in the same as well?

On October 13, 1884, Pope Leo XIII had just finished Mass in his private chapel when he went into an ecstasy, which to alarmed onlookers appeared to be a coma or worse. In this state he overheard a conversation between Our Lord Jesus Christ and Satan, eerily reminiscent of God's conversation with Satan in the Book of Job:

Satan: "I can destroy your Church."
Christ: "You can? Then why don't you?"
Satan: "I need more time and more power."
Christ: "How much time? What kind of power?"
Satan: 75 to 100 years, and more power over those who will give themselves over to me."
Christ: I give you the time; the power you already have.

catholicforum.fisheaters.com...

The story going around is that the clock started on ...

October 13, 1884, is exactly 33 years to the day before [color=gold] October 13, 1917

Who knows

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No, AF
..you are mixing up two different things here,
the randall and mortimer concept shows how evil's Dualism functions in this matrix
aka the tree of good and evil
aka goodcop badcop

- but God is far, far, far beyond and above this pathetic dualism

regards,

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

From a human viewpoint someone who tempts a person to do bad things is bad. For those who want to know how a soul will react and their inner ideals then the test gives information on where and what the souls is ready to be. People are used to blaming others for their weaknesses when they could work on their weaknesses instead but that takes effort. The testing is not a bad thing. It gives both god and the soul who is being tested a confirmation on where they belong.

But sometimes satan is describes as the power hungry egoistic soul/spirit that by himself threatens to make himself more powerful than all else that exists. That is the sign of ego dualistic insanity and many humans suffer from this kind of mental sickness and are causing a lot of pain for other because of their behaviour. And that sickness is the reason humans are quarantined from my point of view.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

No, AF
..you are mixing up two different things here,
the randall and mortimer concept shows how evil's Dualism functions in this matrix
aka the tree of good and evil
aka goodcop badcop

- [color=gold] but God is far, far, far beyond and above this pathetic dualism

regards,

Well ... if we're going to be sticklers about it
the book of Job says it was The Lord, not God.
I challenge you to find a copy of Job that says "God" made the bet.

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

if killing is evil and satan somehow managed to get god to kill off job's children does that mean even god couldn't resist the temptation just to assuage his pride?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

what happened oct 13,1917? fatima?

edit on 26-7-2013 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

if god is above dualism why does he kill indiscriminantly in the old testament and become against killing in the new testament?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

reply to post by LittleByLittle

if killing is evil and satan somehow managed to get god to kill off job's children does that mean even god couldn't resist the temptation just to assuage his pride?

No

it wasnt God who ' killed off '
and neither God was proud

..the point of the whole story is, that it was JOB who was self proud.

because he thought he was doing fine - and therefore had some Right , some claim, to Gods grace.

so, in fact, God but "used" satan, as tool -
untill Job saw that he is but a Soul; and very much so Dependent on grace

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

if [color=gold] god is above dualism why does he kill indiscriminantly in the old testament and become against killing in the new testament?

What do you care?

No, I mean really.
I clearly stated that the word God is
nowhere to be found in The book of Job.

So what is your game here?

Why should I waste my time dropping the rest of the good information
if you are clearly all clogged up in your comprehension centers.

Mike

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
No, thought the elite dark hats here like to pretend its thus. I believe the word is free will, and Goodness extends Compassion and a helping hand for the entities to return home when they are able to.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The way I see it is God and Satan were sitting around having a beer and they made a BET about humans.

"Let's LIE about the true nature of the human existence, have these suckers born into a world clueless about the reality of the universe, and see whether they turn out like You (God) or me (Satan) with each of us influencing things behind the scenes."

I'm wondering what the winner gets?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

if god is above dualism why does he kill indiscriminantly in the old testament and become against killing in the new testament?

He doesnt kill 'indiscriminantly ' in the old testament.
There are numerous verses about " being hospitable to a Stranger" etc ,
but the killing you refer to, is towards ..mm... bloodlines, who were Bent to extinguish the old-israel, if they could.

...if you would imagine that in ancient times, there were tribes of Giants placed around old-israel, Zamzummim, Rephaim, bloodlines of Evil, having no chance whatsoever to "convert" but were completely Ruled by evil itself -
then what yóu would say to a group of people who were yours..?

from the new testament onwards, however,
satan isnt using anymore the Sheer Physical Power in his bloodlines
...but Deception...

thats quite another type of battle aint it

regards

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
The way I see it is God and Satan were sitting around having a beer and they made a BET about humans.

"Let's LIE about the true nature of the human existence, have these suckers born into a world clueless about the reality of the universe, and see whether they turn out like You (God) or me (Satan) with each of us influencing things behind the scenes."

I'm wondering what the winner gets?

*grin*

- you.

Dont fall into the same dualism trap , friend. There is only 1 who is 'lying about the true nature of human existance'. And that one aint God.

regards

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join