It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Police Want To Arrest The Satanists Who Turn Dead People Gay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

MISSISSIPPI POLICE WANT TO ARREST THE SATANISTS WHO TURN DEAD PEOPLE GAY

www.vice.com

Just over a week ago the Satanic Temple, unwavering disciples of the Prince of Darkness and aspiring adopt-a-highway participants, performed a Pink Mass over the grave of Catherine Idalette Johnston, the mother of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps Jr. Westboro has yet to officially comment on the eternal gaying of its leader’s dead mom, but the owner of the cemetery where the ceremony was performed has filed charges with the local police department. The captain of the Meridian PD, Dean Harper, told local news station WTOK-TV on Monday that they were “in the process of constructin
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/26/13 by Hefficide because: Fixed all caps title

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Apologies for the all caps title. That's how it was when copy/pasted from source title.

Statanists turning dead people gay?
Police getting involved?
Does this all seem like a game of Calvin Ball to anyone else?

What did turning the dead mother of Westboro Baptist Church leader involve?
If the self proclaimed Satanists didn't actually do any physical damage to the grave area, then other than being some extremely whacky antics, no less whacky or controversial than Westboro attendents, one would think no real harm is done.

Now, police are to get involved?
Certainly there's bigger problems in the world to solve with our taxes.

Still, it's amusing how life can sometimes indeed be more ridiculous than fiction. I couldn't imagine a better skit from the Monty Python players.

www.vice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm still trying to get my head around this.

They are making DEAD people Gay, is that correct? And now the cops are involved?

I think I spend too much time in this place.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Since the cemetery owner filled a formal complaint they have to get involved. The question is whether they trespassed to do the ritual.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They made up some stupid ritual and did it on her grave. Totally stupid publicity stunt, trolling WBC. Messing around people's graves is frowned upon, even if you are messing with a jerk. People that own plots there are probably not happy, people that have family buried there are probably not happy. I can imagine the grave site having problems selling plots now.
edit on Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:16:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Since the cemetery owner filled a formal complaint they have to get involved. The question is whether they trespassed to do the ritual.

Trespassing on a cemetary?

Isn't it kind of public space? Do I need to get permission to visit dead relatives.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

They performed a "pink mass" on the grave of the mother of Fred Phelps, the head of the Westboro Baptist Church. He's the one that always protests at funerals with the signs about homosexuality destroying America. They did it to teach him a lesson.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

LOL.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would imagine that if anyone ever did some kind of ritual, satanic or even to the great god ronald macdonald, on my mother's grave, I would surely be pissed. I mean really? Rituals on your mother's grave?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by VoidHawk

They performed a "pink mass" on the grave of the mother of Fred Phelps, the head of the Westboro Baptist Church. He's the one that always protests at funerals with the signs about homosexuality destroying America. They did it to teach him a lesson.

And as I have been told recently, two wrongs don't make a right
edit on 26-7-2013 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Those Westboro idiots love to disrupt funerals, I find the "pink mass" fitting non-violent retribution. I seriously doubt New York will extradite, they have their hands full busting those vicious criminals walking around with big gulps and enforcing that extremely unconstitutional stop and frisk nonsense. I can see why they want to pursure this (non) crime, lots of publicity and it's way easier than actual police work.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

MISSISSIPPI POLICE WANT TO ARREST THE SATANISTS WHO TURN DEAD PEOPLE GAY

Personally, I think this is more about politics... about satanists and homosexuality than trying to save the world from ee-ville.

One has to understand the motives behind such actions... and do so with the same open mindedness expected from others.

For instance... satanists are ee-ville because by most written accounts, satan is hisself, ee-ville. Mix that with people rising from the dead... ie: zombies and then with homosexuality and people run screaming from the building.

What we need here is more education and less stereotyping... as in, all gay people are ee-ville, all Christians are ee-ville.

Oh, and if by chance you roll over someday in your grave and claw your way out? Maybe some Domino's pizza would help the appetite...

edit on 26-7-2013 by redoubt because: typos etc

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some cemeteries (especially old ones) are non-profit, private companies. So trespass comes into play. Heck, it can be tresspassing in a public space, if it was after legal hours.

Desecrating/defacing graves is illegal pretty much everywhere. One of the basic universals across cultures is showing respect for the dead, so you can see how this is definitely the middle finger.

I don't know the pink mass.

I wouldn't know what was involved in turning a female lesbian.

If it was a man, would they have used.... fairy dust?

edit on 26-7-2013 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Magnolia Cemetery
Address: Meridian, MS 39305

Hours:

Monday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

May be it is a private cemetery.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Something noted in the article as well; It'd be one thing if police involvement were to occur in some sleepy little town where nothing of any real excitement happens.
However:

If this sort of case was thrown onto the desk of another small town police department, one that, say, was located in a community with few serious crimes, it would be fine for the department to pursue what is, essentially, an exercise in the misuse of police time and energy. People—including police officers­—get bored and need something to occupy their time. Meridian, unfortunately, is not one of those sleepy towns.

According to Neighborhood Scout, a website owned by a research and data-mining company that collects crime statistics from around the country, Meridian is—and I’m paraphrasing here—sketchy as *! (expletive edited out). Based on a crime index of 0 to 100—100 being a crime-free utopia and 0 being the inside of one of Trevino Morales's vats of acid—Meridian gets a four. By way of comparison, Brooklyn, New York, clocks in at 40. Detroit, one of the most dangerous cities in America, is a two.

One would think that a town with a population of around 41,000 and a crime-index rating almost on par with a city that has become a byword for blight and criminal activity would take a pass on devoting time and resources to chasing a few out-of-towners who performed a harmless little Satanic ceremony in a graveyard. After all, the Satanic Temple and its members are based in New York, meaning—as the Huffington Post and the Gauntlet have mentioned—an arrest for charges filed in Mississippi is unlikely.

Thus, having seemingly solved all other problems in the world, including the rampant crime in this small warzone of a town, police need to get right on this huh?

Oh lawd.

The comedy of life never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No. A cemetery can and does have times you aren't supposed to be in it. Many are privately owned, but even city owned ones put times on them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm not gonna lie, I find this to be hilarious. They deserve one another.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This has to one of the craziest thread titles I have seen on ATS.

And it is real. Wow.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I'm a bit of the opinion that these Satanic Church people could turn this into a money making service.
If gay people are unhappy about never getting acceptance from now dead and gone relatives, hey, case solved. The dead gay relatives are now gay too!

In the political arena, they could turn all of the founding fathers of the USA into dead gay Presidents and dead gay people of note. If all the founding fathers of America are now dead gay people, well, we should respect the dead gay people and vote gay!

The US military could contract with these people and put out a world wide memo that any and all enemies of the USA will have their entire ancestral line turned gay, and anyone caught and killed as an enemy of America will also get turned gay post mortem.
I wonder how that effects the whole 70-something virgins in Paradise thing?
Does it suddenly go Poof! Boys everywhere! ???

I still can't stop laughing.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I find the whole thing to be ridiculous.

Now I'm going to play devil's advocate.

Assuming you love your mother, how would you feel if a group of satanists attempted to convert your dead mother into a gay zombie?

I'm betting you would be pissed off. I would be.

Gay is fine. A zombie is uh kinda okay. A gay zombie is just too freaking much!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join