It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Hand Grenade Explodes During Anti-Terror Raid in The Hague

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
During an anti-terror raid on a house, 3 police officers have been injured when the suspects threw a hand grenade, in The Hague, in The Netherlands. Fortunately none were injured fatally. Earlier today, and yesterday, a Muslim school in Uden has been burned down, and also Church - part of a series of attacks, in reaction to the murder of film-maker Theo van Gogh, a critic of Islam. During the last couple of days both Christian and Muslim buildings have been targeted across the country.

www.sky.com

Three policemen have been wounded when a hand grenade exploded during a raid in the Dutch capital The Hague.

National crime squad spokesman Wim de Bruin said the operation, to arrest unidentified suspects, was still going on. But he declined to comment on the nature of the raid or to say whether there was a suspected terror link.

He was also unwilling to say whether there was any link to last week's murder of filmmaker Theo van Gogh. Mr van Gogh, 47, was shot and stabbed to death in the middle of Amsterdam last Tuesday by a man alleged to be a Muslim extremist.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There are certainly serious undertones focussing on International terrorism here. As a foot note I heard on BBC radio this morning that all airspace over the Hague had been shut down temporarily to non-military traffic.

Related News Links:
Blast wounds Dutch police in raid
Gunman kills Dutch film director

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

here is a image of were the action is going on.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
They don't use always the same tactic. Belgium, November 9, 2004 :
www.abovetopsecret.com...
In Holland Pim Fortuyn went from 0 to 33% in one year, after having gathered the most votes in the Rotterdam elections.
They murdered Pim Fortuyn, five days before he would participate for the first time in the national elections.
Two and a half years later they are so afraid of Pim Fortuyn, that directing a film about him (Theo Van Gogh) is enough to be sentenced to death.
In the case of Pim Fortuyn a green activist in defense of animal rights was used to cover-up the murder.
In the case of Van Gogh they don't have to use this kind of fantasy : the muslim suspect is just a good reason to provide protection to mosques 24 hours a day with police. The protection that was denied to Van Gogh.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
can some one change the topic name.
The Hague is in The netherlands / Holland.
its where the international court is which
the us don't support. its were the dutch governement is.
the hague = den haag.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Whoa, The Hague is in The Netherlands...

This is going on only a few hundred meters from my university college

I saw some police vehicles...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I used to walk around there when I was bored... Close to Station Hollands Spoor.

This is so crazy that this kinds of stuff is happening in that area now.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
hehe, this is awesome, I'm listening to a live stream of the police scanner

For all the Dutchies: 212.129.237.28:8210...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It looks like the raid is about to begin.

some shooting was heard, and small clouds of smoke were reported.

The smoke might be tear-gas.

I'll try to keep you up to date, I'm listening to the police scanner, and live radio coverage of a The Hague radio station.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
THere seems to be a small riot between spectators and the police. The situation is chaotic according to reports...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They have marines in there too. A special unit for terrorist organisations called BBE.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
indeed. Two people were arrested, but the troops are still on high alert, meaning the raid is still not over, and some suspects are still in the house.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A remotely operated vehicle has arrived, they are testing it. They are used by bomb displosal units.

They fear the buildling is full of explosives, that's why there is so much police and Marines in the area...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Raid is over, so it seems. Police and military anti-terror units are still on high alert.

The situation until now:

- 2 men have been arrested, one of them is wounded
- 1 man has been arrested in Utrecht, and is being transported to a prison.
- In the surrounding area there was some tension between Marrocan and Dutch youth. Throughout The Hague there have been some small riots
- The building is accessable, a robot will enter the building shortly, to search for explosives.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Nice live reporting especially ZionMainframe. I don't think there were any other international newssites who covered this as well.

new topics

top topics

join