It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder Tells Russia: Won't Torture or Kill Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

U.S. Assures Russia Snowden Will Not Face Death Penalty

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said in a letter sent to the Russian minister of justice this week that the United States would not seek the death penalty against Edward J. Snowden, and would issue him a passport immediately so he could travel back to the United States.

Like the Russian mafia would really care if they did.

The letter also offered reassurances that the United States would not torture Mr. Snowden, the former intelligence contractor who faces criminal charges of disclosing classified information and has been hiding in an airport in Moscow in order to evade the American authorities.

Holder say's what?

Why would Holder tell Russia what they plan to do with him?

Not that I think that Holder would kill or torture the guy responsible for taking the heat off of his being in contempt of, and his boss's failures.

In fact I think they current administration loves Snowden he's so 'dreamy' between the merchants of death Holder and Obama, and the complete lack of justice in this country can't imagine one thing bad happening to him.

Given the murder and mayhem of that dynamic duo very doubtful they would make a martyr of him actually people I think Snowden was a distraction to take the focus of the massive spying of the Care Act vis a vis the Care Act data hub.

I do love the Obama,Holder's Nixon impersonation of, ' I am not a crook'.

What say you?

Obama 'I won't send f-16s to kill Snowden'
Holder " I won't torture or waterboard Snowden'.

What does that really say about the current administration when they have to make comments like that?
edit on 26-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
He has something of detrimental effect to multiple nations and the USA wants it back under wraps.

It sounds like they are desperate to get back whatever intelligence he walked off with.

Come back home and all will be forgiven.....yea right

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To me that says "Well normally we would torture and kill him but just for you, Russia, since we can't get our hands on him, we will let that part slide"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Holder is in contempt, yet nothing is being done about it. Snowden being a 'distraction' or not wouldn't make a difference, and no one would know about spying via the care act regardless.

Your disdain for a true patriot is sickening.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Am I right in thinking asylum is only granted to those who face death or torture? If so then they are simply trying to remove snowdens reason for asylum.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
reply to post by neo96

Holder is in contempt, yet nothing is being done about it. Snowden being a 'distraction' or not wouldn't make a difference, and no one would know about spying via the care act regardless.

Your disdain for a true patriot is sickening.

Thank You I appreciate that comment considering 'True Patriots' run to Communist Chinese regimes, and Russian mob states that are bigger SPIES than we are.
edit on 26-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, Putin better check with Bradley Manning's lawyers before accepting this at face value...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yep, already postied:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Oh you wont?

How very nice, well no problem then, sorry about the news thing.

good luck with prism.

o/

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
To me that says "Well normally we would torture and kill him but just for you, Russia, since we can't get our hands on him, we will let that part slide"

No they are merely pointing out to remove what would be grounds for asylum in other countries.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

No they are merely pointing out to remove what would be grounds for asylum in other countries.

It implies America's reputation is that we torture and kill people so they had to clear that up first.

new topics

top topics

join