It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20% of Americans Will Be in Prison by 2035; What I See of the World 22 Years From Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In a dream I had, I saw and sensed many things about a potential future world. Drastic changes had taken place slowly, and economic powers and the general states of being of many countries had shifted in what from our perspective right now would be called unexpected ways.

For instance, 22 years from now ~20% of Americans were in prison around the year 2035.

In the dream, it was simply a fact of life to every citizen not in prison, that all laws, arbitrary or not, must be followed perfectly without fail, because prison was a mandatory punishment for all "crimes".

It was another fact that the entire police force throughout the country was corrupted to the core, and that to get out of going to prison for either a real reason, or a made up one, you had to be able to bribe them, or the judge. I guess kinda like today but on a seriously increased scale.

The citizenry was very docile. No protesters, no rebels, no non-conformists. They were all already in prison. Police presence was increased everywhere to monitor the docile citizenry and cull the herd whenever possible, so to speak. Policing as an industry had exploded, along with labor industries that were kept moving with prisoner slave labor.

The US had a booming economy due to the essentially revived slave trade. Of course only those at the top were benefiting. Quality of life had actually declined for the ordinary out-of-prison citizen, from what it is now, even though the country then is technically vastly economically empowered.

The out of prison people seemed not very upset by any of it. I sensed they thought "well Im not in prison, because Im a good citizen, so its all OK". Very complacent, much farther beyond what we have today even.

Some, or even most of them, the citizens that is, were even... at peace. They didnt have to make any decisions... they didnt have to decide anything. Life was very regimented with the high police presence and out of control criminalization of everything, and deviating from the safe routine of wake, work, eat, sleep, repeat, was dangerous.

... But that was OK for most. It made them feel safer, that they didnt have to make choices, and in fact might be disproportionately punished if they did gave them a sense of... ease, in that they had a reasonable excuse in their minds to not go against the flow.

I sensed the military was smaller, and actually LESS wars were being fought. In fact, no wars were being fought at that point in time. The US military presence around the world had decreased

Competition with China was at a fever pitch, and a new cold war of sorts was manifesting. Focus on military prowess was decreased and on the fringes; focus on espionage and cyber warfare and economic sabotage was drastically increased.

-

Other countries:

I sensed China was in the same mode of reviving slavery through a different less direct means, to try and keep up with the US, economically. The US had become so successful in its economic strategy that is was threatening China, and China had to keep pace. Of course this all happens over decades of time with many subtle changes to lead to big ones.

I sensed India was actually a good place to be; it was progressing forward at a quick pace in pretty much every positive metric from where it is now. Freedom increases, as well as quality of life and prosperity. Corruption decreases, and government shifts increasingly towards the benefit of the people.

Japan is mostly economically depressed, but stable. Japan does not adopt the fad of reviving slavery that China and the US has, and is not able to compete on a global scale. However Japan is one of two leaders in science, and while its economy has shrunk, quality of life for its citizens increases still. Crime lowers from its already right now significantly low levels. Poverty seems not an issue.

Western Europe is economically ruined from what I sensed, and has not been successful at implementing round-about slavery, due to massive and constant civil unrest from large percentages (10%+) of citizens resisting increasingly and overtly tyrannical power plays by their governments. Police are demoralized, and increasingly siding with the citizens. The strongest countries I felt this occurring in were Britain, Ireland, Scotland, and Spain. Total revolution was becoming a real potential. Where I sensed this the weakest: Germany, France, and Italy.

Russia is economically stable and becoming increasingly isolationist. They do not attempt to adopt the economic strategies of China and the US. They are the other leader in science, along with Japan. Quality of life slowly increases a small amount from today. Freedom slowly increases in little ways from where it is today. I sensed there was general peace in Russia in a country vs country aspect. Russia was becoming increasingly neutral towards the US and China, and forming stronger and friendly bonds with Eastern and Northern Europe.

Eastern Europe becomes slightly worse, however the trend is reversing at that future point at a moderate pace.

Northern Europe sees little change. It does not participate in its Westerns neighbors antics. Some positive change in quality of life.

Australia's citizenry seems close to the US citizenry in terms of attitude, however Australia is not a prison state, and its quality of life seems higher compared to now, but laws seem to have somewhat followed the trend in the US and Western Europe.

The Middle East is quiet.

I had no sense of Israel at all in the dream. Trying to sense back now into the dream, it feels as if Israels presence is significantly diminished in all respects. It still exists, however, and there is general peace.

North Korea is quiet.

Africa stays the same.

Central America stays the same.

Canada distances itself from the US. Boarders become tighter, however escape to Canada from the US is fairly easy. Population increases with US immigrants/refuges, and with it Canadas economic stability and strength.

South America generally stays the same. Chile and Argentina see minor to moderate improvements across the board. Brazil fizzles out.

edit on 7/26/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, that is what I can remember and sense from my dream. The world was a very different place then than it is now. I was actually experiencing the dream from the rough location of somewhere inside India, and what I generally sensed at that future point, is what I imagine might have been sensed to a degree in America in the mid 1960s - early 70s. Thats the feeling I get about that anyway; a feeling of great potential that was manifesting positively at the moment, throughout the whole of the citizenry, and perhaps differing from America in the 60s, even in government itself was going with this flow. Harmony was bounding and was on the increase.

I dont think Im partial to India in anyway either; Ive never been there, have no ties to it, have no real interest in it, and dont know much about it really.

Its important to note that this is not a fear or doom thread. Its not even a prediction; it is only a sensing of a possible future potential, one of an infinite number of future potentials that has not yet come to be, and perhaps never will... but may indeed actualize, more or less as the present changes over what we call "time".

22 years from now... essentially everything is within probability. Anything could manifest.

So take from it whatever you want, but I request that trite accusations of "doom" be left out.

What Id really like is for others to share any dreams/visions/RVs of the future that they have had, in line with the general theme here, of countries, economies, and citizens. Perhaps there can be some validation for all of us whove had dreams of this nature, if there can be found to be any even minor consensus between them all.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
prisoned is an booming market in the US......every empty cell is an loss for the company that runs the facility
that will help the economy very good...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I had a dream Thursday night that my alarm clock was going off. I woke up and reached for it.
Turned out it was just a dream. only 1:07 am... still had almost 2 1/2 hours to sleep.
But seriously there is probably 20% of the population that should be in prison today! Maybe that high

Watching a show Bait car this morning while getting ready for work. They bust a guy and say he has 28 convictions including armed robbery...This was not an old man of 98....28 convictions and he was on the street....including armed robbery.

It got me to thinking whats wrong with our judicial system.
Lets say you carjack somebody and keep the passenger in the car.
You get busted and charged with car jacking, armed robbery kidnapping possibly drug possession driving without a license, no seat belt and running a red light along with fleeing and eluding and resisting arrest.. oh and felon with a firearm...

So the prosecutors gonna gonna plea bargain for his conviction rate, drop the silly stuff and the criminal gets sentenced to concurrent terms. out in maybe 4 or 5 years for that

I think after your first set of concurrent terms everything should be consecutive...no ifs ands or buts.

So maybe the 20% of citizens that need to be locked up will be

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Your dream may or may not come true. The chances are some of it will due to probability, and the inevitable spiral that mankind is destined for.

But i dreamt i was having sex with my grandad 2 nights ago, he's been dead for 6 years now.

You can't top that, my dream 'far' outweighs yours.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well one thing I'm certain of, the lights won't remain on (civilization) throughout the century with as many people as we currently have, consuming as much as we currently do, each and every year.

Policies will be put in place to deal with the individuals who are attempting to consume more than they can put back into the system. It may not be prison, per se, but we'll have labor camps for tens of millions of people in this country as the years press on. We may dress it up fancifully, but it'll be the same end result. People who are forced to do not much more than work long hours, while being put on barely sustainable diets, and not having much time for much else.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

In terms of disturbing, you have very soundly won the title for "most"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

Yep, I think I was getting towards something like that. "Labor camp" would have been a good thing to have added, as thats where I see most of the "prison" actually being, in labor camps. The prisoners, or slaves, will work for nothing after having committed some made up bogus crime, and there you have it... slavery revived, just under a different name.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by OpenEars123

In terms of disturbing, you have very soundly won the title for "most"

Tell me about it, I'm still disturbed now

new topics

top topics

join