It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Deployed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Good luck, and stay safe. I've lurked a lot of your posts but never commented, but I have to say I am a fan. Look forward to seeing your posts even if it's just to let us know all is well. God speed, troop.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Always appreciate the well wishes.

If all goes well I should be posting on a limited basis from Afghanistan.
I will save any future threads, pictures, videos, or mission accounts(within reason) for my return to the States.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing but the best wishes for your safety and for your loved ones. We are all on different journeys. I hope yours will be a safe and good one.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hey i don't know you or you me. But i was in the army for 4 years. I was in Afghanistan for a year in 2011. So i can give you some tips and such if you know where you our flying into. I was in a infantry unit even though im armor. Maybe you will fly the same route as we did. If you land in Kandahar and you guys don't ever leave the confines of that air field. You will be ok. Still suicide bombers and rocket attacks will be around im sure.

One guy in our unit caught shrapnel from a rocket attack in one of the chow hall within 2 weeks of us being in kandahar. He got a purple heart for that.

But anyways stay off the boardwalk there with all those shops as it's the most hit with rockets. Aside from that. Stay safe bro. If you have any questions it's still fresh to me.

Kandahar has a couple good spots to use internet for free. and there is some wireless internet for sale even though it's very costly. Let me know what you think when you land.

If your going to Bagram. I dunno much about there. It's mainly chair force dudes
edit on 27-7-2013 by sadybull because: add some stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sadybull

Thanks man but I'm not going to be anywhere near Kandahar. I'm going to a remote FOB.

We'll be flying around hostile territory most of the time we're there. Not a lot in terms of amenities. Gonna be very far from Baghram as well.
edit on 27-7-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I know we've never met, but be safe, gods speed and most importantly Thank You Sir for your service.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You're family to us.
Do your thing, and come back to tell us about it.
take care bro.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thank you for your service!
Stay safe man

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Stay safe stay low and keep your powder dry
My friend

Cody

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Only 3 things you need to know.

1. Watch your 6.

2. Never give in to complacency.

3. It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Shoot straight and come home.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm sure I don't need to tell you to be very careful regarding posting anything on ATS while deployed........I would highly HIGHLY recommend you don't
Hell, just don't

The Chinese and Pakistani monitor everything
So do the Taliban and insurgents

And everything you transmit goes through the CIA

You may inadvertently put yourself/team/FOB in danger
YOU may inadvertently disclose that tiny little of info that completes a bigger picture

Or you're gonna find yourself in nasty deep dodo with your chain of command
Unless this is being done above board, checked and authorised ?
I'm just saying be careful dude

But still
Stay safe
Do your thing ( had to call on your type before )

Some relevant info

many FOBS attacked and overrun during the winter, many collapsed in to MOB, re occupation ongoing, but not for all due to draw down

ANP p****** off the locals by destroying compounds and housing previously used as routes by fighters

Locals have become more brazen especially in thievery, it's getting like Iraq
edit on 27-7-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 27-7-2013 by Neocrusader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
Only 3 things you need to know.

1. Watch your 6.

2. Never give in to complacency.

3. It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Shoot straight and come home.

If I could give you 10 stars for that I would

Cody

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Good luck and all the best projectvxn.

Come back safe, dude.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Rising Against because: Typo.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Understood.

I don't intend on posting anything at all about Afghanistan until I come back anyway.
If I post here at all it will be as a reminder that I am still alive.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thank you for your service, you made us proud already. We want you back in one piece, ok?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I hope and pray for you a safe return to us at ATS

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This is your first I believe? Just in case a few words of advice.

Try not to get to involved in inter-personnal politics within the unit. It has a tendancy to increase on deployments and many units are pretty fractured upon redeployment. Just from in-fighting.
In other words...Stay professional.

Don't let your hormones get the better of you.

Don't spend all of your free time in front of a Computer, XBox or DVD player. Read, workout, write actual letters home...in ink...

Don't eat the local food unless you watch them prepare it, and when they say it's done, have them put it back in the oven a few more minutes and NEVER eat the raw veggies.

Rotate your ammo from time to time so the spring doesn't set.

Get into the habit of knowing where your gear is at all times, especially when your racked out and always give a once over before you rack out.

I could go on, but listen to your comrades in your unit that have their snip together. Ask them questions.

And last but not least, beware of the practical jokesters, they become virualent while deployed.

Good luck, and remember,

Go slow, because slow equals smooth and smooth means fast. (I think only the military folk will get that one)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

All good advice for an 18 year old private.
Luckily Im neither.

With all that said it makes you wonder just how they survive out there even without enemy action lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Be safe , be aware but most of all keep the shinny side up.

The men of steal that do these things for America are few and far between..............come home safe.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Try not to get to involved in inter-personnal politics within the unit. It has a tendancy to increase on deployments and many units are pretty fractured upon redeployment. Just from in-fighting.
In other words...Stay professional.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST DISGUSTING THREAD ON ATS

I don't Care that you are all guys in the Army

This man ........the OP......is picking up a gun, and going to a foreign country to serve western Banking CABAL

And he is going to enforce what they tell him to enforce, and if a freedom fighter gets in the way.

He is simply going to kill him or her.

9/11 is an inside job.
BE A REAL MAN, DROP THE GUN, GO TO JAIL, SHOW THEM WHAT A PATRIOT LOOKS LIKE

Then again, if settle down and get realistic, we wouldn't be where we are, if we had patriots left.

edit on 27-7-2013 by JilianK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join