It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Good God....

Now Obama is highlighting the former dictator of Viet Nam in 'a good way ?' it seems

Read for yourselves, I will not comment other than Ho Chi Minh was a commie dictator.

Jesus Christ, doesn't Obama understand 'perception'

“...we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.”

-- President Obama talking to reporters alongside Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang.

It may come as some unwelcome news to the families of the nearly 60,000 Americans who died in the Vietnam War that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.

That was the impression President Obama gave on Thursday when he spoke to the press after his meeting with Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang. Sang brought Obama a copy of a letter sent to President Harry Truman from Ho Chi Minh in which the communist dictator spoke hopefully of cooperation with the United States.

Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers

Is anybody else 'Proud' ?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh please President's do this crap all the time. It's called Diplomacy.

Here's Ronnie meeting with the Mujahideen

“These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s founding fathers.” — Ronald Regan while introducing the Mujahideen leaders to media on the White house lawns (1985).

edit on 26-7-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's getting harder to keep up with the amount of crazy coming out of Obama's mouth. This one tripped the breaker on my Stupid S**tometer

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am not proud about the fact the Gulf of Tonkin incident was faked to start a war on false pretense.

We should have never been involved, everyone knows that. The Vietnamese did everything they could to make us leave, and we had no right being there. What's done is done, accepting it is the hard part.

I really do hope the peoples of Vietnam and the USA can heal from that nightmare and wake up in a future where we can live in peace and harmony together.
edit on 26-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are laws and there are T&C against what I most want to say to this.

My Father didn't fight and lose a good % of his best parts to that hell hole so a UNITED STATES PRESIDENT could say this while Veterans of that war are still VERY much alive and VERY much enraged at the friggin nerve it took to spit right in their eyes like this. Did this HAVE to be said? Even if there IS some truth to it ...and as a HALF truth, he isn't entirely off base in history before the U.S. entered the war formally ...but that's the problem. It's a half truth and perhaps the Government is calling the wrong man a traitor after all, as they wrap up the Manning trial for verdict.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Yo compared to what replaced the Mujahideen they were 'better' men.

Aq, and the Taliban killed the mujahideen off of they had help from other countries nothing like pushing intellectual dishonesty like those pictures.

Much like the fake platitudes by Obama and Ho Chi Min as neither one have one damn clue of any founding ideals.

In fact they are the antithesis of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The founding fathers were banking shills with a superiority complex...

I'm sure they'd inspire a lot of dictators and people in governmental power positions.

edit on 26-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Can you explain why he was a "commie dictator?" I'm skeptical because I don't know about him and feel there could be a better explanation about his leadership. Also, I found this quote from Ho chi Minh.

"All men are created equal. They are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness". This immortal statement was made in the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America in 1776. In a broader sense, this means: All the peoples on the Earth are equal from birth, all the peoples have a right to live, to be happy and to be free.

Author David Brin even mentioned this:

There was one exception to the rule that all our foes have committed the Decadence Assumption. Ho Chi Minh never underestimated America. His avowed hero was George Washington and he remained in awe of the U.S., all his life. He remains the only enemy leader who ever defeated us at war, and then only because our hubris (not decadence) got the better of us.

I wonder how much our Founding Fathers and ideals influenced the Vietnamese compared to what is said in the quotes I sourced.
Source

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
The founding fathers were banking shills with a superiority complex...

I'm sure they'd inspire a lot of dictators.

Then how does one explain the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution?

Only superiority complex here is the one who is going around trash talking the founding fathers, true they were not 'perfect' men, but that were sure the hell miles apart from Obama, and Ho Chi Min.

edit on 26-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's factually accurate and is without a doubt being brought up now for the sake of manipulation and political shmoozing.

edit on 7/26/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You mean what they became.
Many of those guys helped to form Al queda.
Most notably Osama Bin Laden

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Back to the mujahideen:

A strong case could be made, however, that Charlie Wilson did precisely that, by channelling to Afghanistan's mujahideen resistance fighters the weapons that were crucial in forcing the Soviet occupiers to withdraw in 1989. Beyond all argument however, he was larger than life – in every sense.

Charlie Wilson

Charlie Wilson was the mujahideen's press agent who were Afghani's for the most part during Us involvement then Pakistan,Saudi Arabia, and other Arab countries got in to the mix.

AQ, and Taliban came from Pakistan, with Egyptian, and other arab countries that took over Afghanistan.

edit on 26-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers

Just how in the hell did this guy get elected? Has he had some foggy politburo mental breakdown?

This alone should be enough to demand a mental evaluation of our president... holy mother of of (Karl - not Groucho) Marx!
edit on 26-7-2013 by redoubt because: rework

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The how does one explain the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution?

What about it?

Clearly they didn't believe the things within it because it didn't apply to all people. Women were property and nearly all of them owned slaves. The constitution even PROHIBITED the outlawing of the slave trade for 20 years

When the US Constitution was written in 1787, a long forgotten and peculiar provision was included in Article I, the part of the document dealing with the duties of the legislative branch: Section 9. The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.

history1800s.about.com...

Oh and, The first senate passed a central banking bill, aka first real federal reserve, Georgie signed it into law. Hamilton retired to be go be a banker.

en.wikipedia.org...

They were trash. Sorry! Worse than Obama because they sold the country into foreign bankers hands

edit on 26-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

My Father didn't fight and lose a good % of his best parts to that hell hole so a UNITED STATES PRESIDENT could say this

Your father didn't fight for freedom of speech?

I think you need to calm down you aren't making any sense and are actually going against your own principles because the president trolled you.

Ignore it, don't let it bring you down.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by neo96

You mean what they became.
Many of those guys helped to form Al queda.
Most notably Osama Bin Laden

Bin Laden formed AQ in Pakistan who had quite a bit of help from his friends

Al-Qaeda (/ælˈkaɪdə/ al-KY-də; Arabic: القاعدة‎ al-qāʿidah, Arabic: [ælqɑːʕɪdɐ], translation: "The Base" and alternatively spelled al-Qaida and sometimes al-Qa'ida) is a global militant Islamist organization founded by Osama bin Laden in Peshawar, Pakistan,[19] at some point between August 1988[20] and late 1989,

Well after we left.

Some financing for al-Qaeda in the 1990s came from the personal wealth of Osama bin Laden.[63] By 2001 Afghanistan had become politically complex and mired. With many financial sources for al-Qaeda, Bin Laden's financing role may have become comparatively minor. Sources in 2001 could also have included Jamaa Al-Islamiyya and Islamic Jihad, both associated with Afghan-based Egyptians.[64] Other sources of income in 2001 included the heroin trade and donations from supporters in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Islamic countries.[63] A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[65]

I do so love so many people trying to lay that all on Reagan, and the US the truth is it wasn't 'all just the US'.

en.wikipedia.org...

The ISI is the largest of the three intelligence services of Pakistan, the others being the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Military Intelligence (MI). Previously in the 20th century, the ISI's work and activities have included the support of the Afghan mujahideen in then-communist Afghanistan against the Soviet Union in their war against the mujahideen (in conjunction with the Central Intelligence Agency) and later provided strategic and intelligence support to the Taliban against the Indo-Iranian backing the Northern Alliance in the civil war in Afghanistan in 1990s.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Lot's of cooks in the ME kitchen

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

What about it?

What about it?

Well 3 branch's of government for starters, then there is that CONSTITUTION.

Things dictators don't like.

Women were property and nearly all of them owned slaves. The constitution even PROHIBITED the outlawing of the slave trade for 20 years

How can women be property and own slaves?

Constitution wasn't perfect.

Oh and, The first senate passed a central banking bill, aka first real federal reserve, Georgie signed it into law. Hamilton retired to be go be a banker.

So?

Then why did they create another one during 1913 ?

Can't pin the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 on the Founders.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Can you explain why he was a "commie dictator?" I'm skeptical because I don't know about him and feel there could be a better explanation about his leadership.

He lived in many countries including the U.S.

He learned many things.

He used all knowledge too achieve the goals and objectives.

He appealed to his 'friends' by using wisdom from enemies.

Clever politicians all work the same.

Viet Nam became Communist under his rule.

The 1954 Geneva Accords, concluded between France and the Viet Minh, provided Vietminh forces would regroup in the North and the anti-communist & pro-democracy forces regroup in the South. Ho's Democratic Republic of Vietnam relocated to Hanoi and became the government of North Vietnam, a communist-led single party state.

Westward Ho !

ETA:

In 1911, working as the cook's helper on a ship, Nguyễn traveled to the United States. From 1912–13, he lived in New York (Harlem) and Boston, where he worked as a baker at the Parker House Hotel. Among a series of menial jobs, he claimed to have worked for a wealthy family in Brooklyn between 1917–18, and for General Motors as a line manager.

Ho worked for GM ..... I wonder if he was a UAW member

Look at that long list of travel....I bet he was financed by the Rothschilds

edit on Jul-26-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

My Father didn't fight and lose a good % of his best parts to that hell hole so a UNITED STATES PRESIDENT could say this

Your father didn't fight for freedom of speech?

I think you need to calm down you aren't making any sense and are actually going against your own principles because the president trolled you.

Ignore it, don't let it bring you down.

The President trolled our vets, as far as I'm concerned.

The United States President doesn't *HAVE* Freedom of Speech like every average person. Why? His every statement in public (and often, private) can and often DOES carry the weight of policy and indicates the position of the U.S. Government. A President doesn't just 'pop off' with whatever crosses his brain to spew out. A little thought is usually appreciated and so rarely given by this one.

Is this man the American President or is he just playing one while really thinking his allegiance is to the world? If expecting my AMERICAN President to be just a little bias to AMERICANS in his public statements is not making sense? Then the whole world has gone mad and up really IS down.

Recall how hard people have been bashed as mere candidates before, in saying negative things about this nation from the soil of foreign capitals OR with foreign leaders? Appearance does matter. Propriety does matter and professionalism does matter. This President seems to give thought to none of it and just does and says whatever feels good. It's probably why we've almost lost all respect in the world in SO short a period of time.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Don't hate the player, hate the game. No, I understand what you're saying about him learning whatever he can and doing what he can to influence others. Even though no one is perfect, I'm skeptical if he was a dictator. That doesn't mean he was a great leader. I'll have to study about him and the Vietnam war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join