Train Crash Driver 'Not Answering Questions'

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Train Crash Driver 'Not Answering Questions'

news.sky.com

The driver held by Spanish police after a train derailed in northwestern Spain has refused to answer questions, according to reports.

A spokesman for the National Police said the driver "has refused to answer police authorities" and added the case will now "proceed to a judicial process as soon as possible".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Interesting turn of events in this incident, now the driver refuses to talk. Kind of leads me to think it was a deliberate act.

If that turns out to be the case, then what were his motives and is he connected to what the authorities might describe as a terrorist group?

Also interesting to note that as soon as it happened one of the MSM outlets immediately compared this event to a terrorist incident by Basque a few years back.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

If he's in a union, his union rep would have told him to not say anything unless he had the appropriate legal counsel there.

Also the company he works for could have gagged him.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
He was travelling at twice the speed he was supposed to on a bend, I agree that the company, his union and his lawyers will instruct him not to talk..yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lawyering up.
Might be a good option for him in this case.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He saw a bright flash of light....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm sure he has the right to remain silent and all that.....The train either malfunctioned or he was driving like a suicidal maniac.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe he was listening to a radio and a good song came on, it happens to the best of us right?
Communication Breakdown for me, but to each their own

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If I was the driver and the train wouldn't slow down I would say so straight away, I think it is human error...a very very expensive error (to the lives lost).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Interesting turn of events in this incident, now the driver refuses to talk. Kind of leads me to think it was a deliberate act.

That's quite a leap there.

He's probably not answering the questions, because they already know the answers. Anything he says will most likely be incriminating himself. If it was anything else, other than his own fault, he would be talking.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am not sure how the laws of Spain deal with gagging methods applied by companies to thier staff, but I would have thought that any decent system of law, would say that a police investigation trumps ANY such order, and any enforcement of that order should surely be rendered toothless by that investigation.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You have the right to remain silent.
We have the right to remain silent (UK) and... suprise suprise..
The right to remain silent exists in Spanish law too.

The US is not the only country with a right to remain silent. Your right to remain silent trumps over any police investigation.

He has probably been advised by his lawyers, by his union, by his company, by everyone, to exercise that right until he can get proper defensive representation.

Generally the police are not trained to be nice, they are trained to get a result by tricking you into incriminating yourself. Remaining silent until you have representation is always a good plan.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BMorris

I was responding to any corperate influence that might be exerted on him. If there might be reasons why the train was traveling at the speed it was in that bend, which relate to orders he was given by his bosses, or a mechanical fault that he knew had occured with the accelerator and velocity control gear on the train, that he was ordered to ignore, then that would be covered by an industry gag, but would not look good for him.

That is different than excersizing a right to silence, and bears more resemblance to self incrimination than anything else. Of course, if he is merely remaining silent because he has been so advised by an unbiased advisor, either his lawyer, or a union representative with no alterior motive (rather than one who is in someones pocket to some degree) then fair play to him remaining quiet, but if his silence is due to legal pressure from his bosses, then that doesnt fly I am afraid.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I don't know what was going through his head, some have speculated his motives, I feel there may not be evil motives, perhaps stupid ones. I've been going through a really really rough patch in my relationship, and don't feel like I can reach out to anyone, I drive a truck, hauling steel, and these past few days, driving alone, I have a lot of time to think, and most of the time my mind gets carried away, the thought has crossed my mind to just floor it, and yank the wheel to the side. Of course I'm smarter than that and always come to my senses. Love can be a terrible thing to cope with. Considering what I've been feeling lately, I think it is possible he may be going through some emotional problems. I of course had the consideration of thinking about the well being of other motorists, which helped me shake the stupid thoughts caused by sadness and depression off. If I would have done something terrible like that, and thus survived, I would probably be too ashamed to speak about it, or unable to find words.

so, my guess is he may be going through emotional problems. But it could very well be plain negligence as in "let me see if this thing will really run off the tracks at this speed"

new topics
top topics

join