It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Allawi Family Members Kidnapped, Beheadings Threatened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
3 members of Iraq's interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's family were kidnapped yesterday from their home in Baghdad after a short gun battle. No demands have yet been made by the kidnappers

www.news.com.au
THREE members of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's family have been kidnapped by gunmen, a spokesman for the Iraqi interim government said today.

A first cousin of the Prime Minister, the cousin's wife and another family member were seized from their home in Baghdad yesterday morning, spokesman Georges Sada said.

He gave no further details on the circumstances of their abduction, but a police source said there had been a short gun battle at the home in a south-western district of the capital before the people were seized.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now what will Allawi do? More than 35 foreign hostages have been killed, several by beheading.

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
www.reuters.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
3 Members Of Iraqi PM Allawi�s Family Kidnapped

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think Allawi is about to show the world he is a sincere leader and of high quality in his resolve.

Unfortunately, no matter how strong Allawi is in this, this sends a chilling message to the Iraqi people. If Allawi's family cannot be protected none of them are safe.

I am very sad for the Allawi family right now.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh my, you would think they were protected!!

Seems like you can't tell who is loyal and who is not there?

I would think they are all sick of this.

It's like the Wild West over there!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This proves why saddam hussian although he ruled with an iron fist was the right thing for iraqi people. They need to be ruled in harsh enviornment. Iyad is being so nice to them. They r just not used to it. what else can i say.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

An hitherto unknown Islamist group said it abducted three relatives of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi and would kill them in 48 hours if his interim Government did not halt a US-led assault on Fallujah and free prisoners.

Dr Allawi's cousin and two others were seized early on Tuesday (local time).

"If the agent government does not meet our demands within 48 hours we will behead them," the group calling itself Ansar al-Jihad [Holy War Followers] said in a statement dated Wednesday and posted on a website used by Islamists.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hey don�t get me wrong I don�t condone this kind of action but if your going to kidnap somebody you may as well kidnap someone with some clout. I wonder how close Allawi is with these family members and how much coverage there will be of this in the media my guess is not that much at all. i mean watching the news today they spent more time discussing stupid comments made by american tourists than on this.

"Wow you have a moon here too!"

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's a lose/lose scenario...

Lose 3 family members

or

Lose to the terrorists if you capitulate, by enabling such kidnapping and threats to be a viable tactic.

Chalk up 3 more to the blood on the hands of those who have thus far surrendered their ideals in exchange for their citizens not to be harmed. When/if these 3 are killed, their blood will be on their hands.... Such nations know who they are....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Believe you me, they will be rescued. I am willing to bet every think tank involved in this war is working overtime in order to solve this dillemma. The United States will not negotiate publicly with hostage situations, but there are thousands of men and women trained to deal with such an extreme situation as this.

Why haven't we rescued the others?

Because the United States Government weighs the pros and cons. Sadly, the others' cons outweighed the pros. Many factors are considered, primarily money, manpower, and the inevitable loss of lives.

The United States Government has created democracy in a hostile land. Billions of dollars have been spent in order to to keep it in order, and millions may be spent on solving how to keep a leader and a ruling system from falling into the wrong hands. Plus there is the final factor:

There is no way that Bush is going let his sand castle fall to pieces.

Dot.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

"This is yet another criminal act by terrorists and will not thwart the determination of the government to combat terrorism," the government said in a brief statement.

In its statement, Ansar al-Jihad demanded the release of all Iraqi prisoners, a demand similar to those made by other militant groups.

Referring to the holy month of Ramadan, it said: "With the help of God in this holy month, a unit of Ansar al-Jihad kidnapped three relatives of head of the Iraqi agents, Allawi. May God burn him and slaughter him."

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And if we don't get a little smarter over there, he will soon be gone as well. Our Military seems to be run by a bunch of business school trash these days. There is no Eisenhower or G. Marshall running things and they are screwing up worse than I have ever seen. We need some intelligent generals instead of idiots running the show.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Although the seriousness of this issue is no laughing matter,

I can see Prime Minister Allawi (US hand puppet) rising up to the occasion and setting a pristine example of courage and determination to the greater cause.

Perhaps resulting in a January presidential election?

GWB Quote: "BOooOO-Yaaah"

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Iraqi people are not that different then us. They don't need Saddam ruling them just like we don't need him ruling us. I do admit Saddam took care of the opposing parties whether they be terrorists or family members. Still the mass graves and rape rooms are too much and I'm sure Saddam could have been more creative in how he kills terrorists. When you kill everybody around you who you are suspicious about it shows your either lack of respect for human life or your lack of a discernible brain.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Kidnappers have released two women relatives of Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, two pan-Arab satellite channels broadcast today.

But the Iraqi government said it had no knowledge of the release.

Al-Jazeera TV, which is based in Qatar, quoted unidentified sources as saying the two women were freed in Baqouba, central Iraq.

Al-Arabiya, which is based in Dubai, reported that unidentified government officials had confirmed the women�s release.

Both channels said Ghazi Allawi was still a hostage.

top topics

join