It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden to not be tortured or receive death penalty. Isn't that special?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The world knows we tortured people. It's only here at home that they continue to try and sell the propaganda of "enhanced interrogation techniques". Abu Graib...Gitmo... not only that, but 23 hours a day of solitary confinement IS torture in the minds of many (Manning treatment).

On top of that, we keep threatening to "sanction" this country and that if they offer Snowden support. Pretty soon, we will isolate ourselves and the world will continue to do business without us. Stupid, empty, threats.

We are like the kid standing in an empty playground shouting "my bat, my ball, my rules!....why won't anyone play with me anymore?"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

How many times has Holder been caught lying through his teeth.. I wouldn't trust this sub-human scum if he said the sky was blue. Interesting how an ex enemy has more morals and scruples than our American leaders.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by faust833

It's not Obama's fault. I'm sure that when Obama strolled his way into office, he was greeted with warm welcome arms. The President wields very little power, he is simply a spokesperson for the Real President. Just read the quotes of past presidents.

I used to think like that, too.
Obama has the 'power' to issue Exec Orders, to refuse to sign laws, to ORDER DRONE ATTACKS...and it IS his fault that HE LIED. It is HIS FAULT that he wanted to be President (only a fool would even consider it, in my opinion) - and HIS FAULT that he's a piss-poor leader.

I thought his second term would be an improvement. Instead, his entire presidency is a disaster. I voted for him, twice, and I'm VERY ANGRY about being betrayed.

Obama MAY BE a tool, but he's willingly doing what he's doing. "Stepping down" happens all over the world, all the time. His time is coming.
Obama doesn't have any power, remember all his promises? Before he walked into office? Just like EVERY other president, excluding Bush, Who make these wonderful promises that never happen? He's only a liar because they won't allow him to do what he wants. As far as executive orders, who do you think orders them?

Obama did good things when he was Senator for Illinois. But yeah, I do agree with you. You've got to know that when you have your eyes on the presidency, you're going to be controlled, somehow, someway.....they percieve what is going to happen when they step in office.

Dont you just love the media? First it was Paula Deen, then it was the George Zimmerman trial and now there are Race Wars going on all over the country, all just to divert the public eye away from U.S. Scandals.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian65

The world knows we tortured people. It's only here at home that they continue to try and sell the propaganda of "enhanced interrogation techniques". Abu Graib...Gitmo... not only that, but 23 hours a day of solitary confinement IS torture in the minds of many (Manning treatment).

On top of that, we keep threatening to "sanction" this country and that if they offer Snowden support. Pretty soon, we will isolate ourselves and the world will continue to do business without us. Stupid, empty, threats.

We are like the kid standing in an empty playground shouting "my bat, my ball, my rules!....why won't anyone play with me anymore?"
Good post!!!! I must give you a star for that one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

How many times has Holder been caught lying through his teeth.. I wouldn't trust this sub-human scum if he said the sky was blue. Interesting how an ex enemy has more morals and scruples than our American leaders.

We need an Arab Spring here in America....And congratulations we made it on to the terrorist watchlist.

edit on 26-7-2013 by faust833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You see.

What these idiots say or do representing the AMERICAN thoughts, heart and mind, whether you like it or not this is how the rest of the world perceiving the Americans. To us (in general) they are your voted trusties in congress/senate up to the POTUS & Co.! If anything goes wrong rest of the world point the blame fingers at the Americans not the individuals who were cause the misery.

Now be kind and truly FREE yourselves form these criminals, liars and crook… Gag them and put them behind the bars where they belong..

Before it’s too late.

S&F for the nice post

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by faust833

It's not Obama's fault. I'm sure that when Obama strolled his way into office, he was greeted with warm welcome arms. The President wields very little power, he is simply a spokesperson for the Real President. Just read the quotes of past presidents.

I used to think like that, too.
Obama has the 'power' to issue Exec Orders, to refuse to sign laws, to ORDER DRONE ATTACKS...and it IS his fault that HE LIED. It is HIS FAULT that he wanted to be President (only a fool would even consider it, in my opinion) - and HIS FAULT that he's a piss-poor leader.

I thought his second term would be an improvement. Instead, his entire presidency is a disaster. I voted for him, twice, and I'm VERY ANGRY about being betrayed.

Obama MAY BE a tool, but he's willingly doing what he's doing. "Stepping down" happens all over the world, all the time. His time is coming.

Exactly the way I see it (even I am not American).

If I was at his position and knew something is not right and never get a chance to correct them either, would make press conference and announcements, step down and resigns like brave human being, then take wife and kids and move on somewhere to live free and independent for the rest of my life.

In order to do this, one should have balls of diamond and he has none. Americans never had a decent president since D.W. Eisenhower and JFK.

edit on 26-7-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am not sure how much faith I would put in that statement.

Its almost like a Lion saying come closer, I'm not going to eat you.

I would not move from the airport.

This really has me thinking about Snowden's dwindling options. Will this go on so long that people start to forget about it and Snowden becomes "The man trapped in an airport".

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Holder must think Russia is made up of idiots. Our recent history from 2001 onwards is riddled with the American government saying one thing and doing something else or blatantly lying to get their way. You can only get away with these shenanigans so long before everyone stops believing you and rolls their eyes whenever you open your mouth. The funniest thing Holder said was that we wouldn't torture Snowden.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

well that sweetens the pot for him to come back here

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reminds me of the incidents in muslim countries where people about to be stoned escape and then are told you can come back all is forgiven, and as soon as they come back...stoned to death. or when Saddam Huessein's brother-in-law fled iraq. Saddam says come on back all is forgiven then he murdered not only him but his entire family. the federal government does not represent the people anymore. time to move toward more state power and the dismantling of the rogue federal government.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Holder never gave his definition of what he considers torture.

Eventually, the US will get their hands on Snowden IMO.

Peace

I consider listening to Holder and his Boss to be torture hell I would rather get water boarded.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian65

The world knows we tortured people. It's only here at home that they continue to try and sell the propaganda of "enhanced interrogation techniques". Abu Graib...Gitmo... not only that, but 23 hours a day of solitary confinement IS torture in the minds of many (Manning treatment)
I couldn't agree with you more, solitary confinement is one of the most torturous, Inhumane tactics you could ever use on someone. It's worse then physical torture, yet we do it to prisoners which just makes them that much more dangerous & crazy. People think that just because it's not physical, it's not torture. Solitary Confinement is not rehabilitation! Ok, I'm done with my rant.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
You see.

What these idiots say or do representing the AMERICAN thoughts, heart and mind, whether you like it or not this is how the rest of the world perceiving the Americans. To us (in general) they are your voted trusties in congress/senate up to the POTUS & Co.!
It's a known fact that the elections are rigged. I know it's a lot to take in but many of these conspiracies are true. It's now unfolding before our eyes. I'd say that if the elections were not rigged, Ron Paul may have been our president. If Ron Paul was President we wouldn't have all these mickey mouse bozos running around lying, cheating, stealing and acting like clowns.

I'd like to recommend a book to anyone out there reading this "The Creature from Jekyll Island" written by G. Edward Griffin. This book is a classic. It's the place you'd want to start if you wanted to learn about the inner workings of money and how the Fed works. Another good book is "Secrets of the Temple" - How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country".
edit on 26-7-2013 by faust833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I am not sure how much faith I would put in that statement.

Its almost like a Lion saying come closer, I'm not going to eat you.

I would not move from the airport.

This really has me thinking about Snowden's dwindling options. Will this go on so long that people start to forget about it and Snowden becomes "The man trapped in an airport".

I'm fairly positive he's already applied for asylum inside Russia.

Thus, he's not "trapped in an airport."

Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You can read the original request here: cryptome.org...

I felt the same way when I read it, OP.

Russia is no champion of Human Rights, Freedom and Liberty. There are various Russian "dissident" musicians and bloggers who will attest to that. This is an opportunity to show the US government that the Motherland will not be bullied. Putin's whole political "brand" is that he is a strong leader, so that's what he's being.

Russia may not have ever extradited anyone to the US, but they have participated in hundreds of "spy swaps" since the 1940s. Behind the scenes, plans are probably already afoot... Snowden will be "swapped" after the Russians have made Holder and his office sweat a little more.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I hope folks are not delusional enough to believe anything the FEDs, particularly the administration headed by a pathological liar-super narcissist, might say.

I realize there have been a lot of such leaders in our recent history. . . . this one seems determined to out evil all the rest.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Does no one here realize what is happening? Obama wants to get a hold of Snowden before our elected officials pass legislation that lets Snowden off the hook. Snowden will be free and clear you know... Just give it time.
It is good that he is not coming home right now. Time will be to his benefit.

edit on 26-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

yeah but would you want to be a passenger on any public airline that the guy gets on to leave russia?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

— "Mr. Snowden will not be tortured. Torture is unlawful in the United States

Yeah, sure.

He'll just be interrogated with 'enhanced' methods.

~Tenth

Well Duh everyone knows water boarding, sleep deprivation and being restrained in uncomfortable positions is not toture

/Sarcasm

To find out what ? they already know what he knows, They want snowden to stand trial for espionaje when snowden wants the US government to stand trial for treason

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join