It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain Levies Consumption Tax on Sunlight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So far I can't seem to find any source than the same article copy pasted to a few different blogs. It seems to be pure bull# that Spain is taxing sunlight. What they are doing is taxing all energy (standard or renewable) 6% on all energy sold. So I suppose if you own solar panels or wind turbines and produce enough energy to sell to the grid you will pay 6% on the amount.

As Energy Minister, José Manuel Soria disclosed today, Friday September 14, a new tax will be imposed on the generation of both conventional and renewable electricity produced in Spain. The new 6% levy will apply to the price electricity producers receive for selling their energy, including all public remuneration, like FITS.

Read more: www.pv-magazine.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

you can't use urine as a fertilizer

Obviously my friend you are not a gardener. You most certainly can use liquid gold as a fertiliser and I do. It is best used fresh and mixed about 10 parts water to 1 part urine.

Neat urine can be added to a compost heap to make it go.

You aren't a city dweller are you by any chance?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well at least the Spanish are thus falling in line with the Dutch.

You could say that is in effect a tax on sunshine since sunshine created solar electricity, drives the wind and put the energy into fossil fuels.

You could say the Dutch and the Spanish are now taxing sunshine.
edit on 27/7/2013 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Um, urine is taxed in the UK! its part of the water services bill, consumed water is paid at one rate, 'waste' water is paid for at another rate. its metered at so much per cubic meter.(consumed water)

This is an erroneous argument which is so often put up. The charge for water services and waste services is NOT a tax, it is a charge.

I often hear the argument that water is free and there should not be a tax on it. First it is not a tax and second the charge for water is for bringing it to your tap, and NOT for the water itself. It is for taking the waste away and not a tax on the waste itself. (Agreed you don't have the option to NOT use their service unless like me you have a septic tank, and now we ARE taxed on that and that IS a tax.)

Much the same applies to oil at the crude stage. The oil is free. The cost is getting it out of the ground.

Sunshine on the other hand is also free and any tax on it, or on domestically produced power or heat from it IS a tax of something that is free and is NOT a charge, and thus is wrong.

No producer of electricity from whatever source should be charged a tax for producing the electricity. They pay tax on the profit. A blanket tax just gets passed on to the consumer.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Here in Ontario, Canada we do get taxed for urine output it is called Sewer Tax, the more you output, the more you pay. So not only do we pay for the water we use, we pay for anything that goes down the drains.

What about all those solar lights that we put in our gardens and walkways? I finally found one that will light up my dark garage so i don't have to leave a light on in there 24/7.

edit on 7/27/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You're blaming me because you chose a bad blog to create a thread from?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

My goodness I am so sorry. i was not blaming you at all. It is a problem on my system that when I am typing some other processes take over and my text gets lost.

Normally this results in junk lines and I spot it, but this time I ended up with You The Dutch..... which was NOT the intent.

No I was in no way blaming you for the fact that the source may be bad. My apologies once again that it ended up reading that way and my bad for not checking things before I hit the post button. I have corrected the line to what it should say.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Understood, thank-you.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
well the same extra taks is now in holland too !
every privat owner of solarpanels ore windmill is seen as an producer of energy so they have to pay the same company taxes that are regulair for stated energy companies and small buinisses..
all and all seen....

green energy is one big scam !!!!!

It's an import tax against Chinese companies selling solar panels at a loss in order to bankrupt international (ie.European manufacturers)

www.presseurop.eu...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Originally posted by ressiv
well the same extra taks is now in holland too !
every privat owner of solarpanels ore windmill is seen as an producer of energy so they have to pay the same company taxes that are regulair for stated energy companies and small buinisses..
all and all seen....

green energy is one big scam !!!!!

Can you please link me to a source for that claim. I've looked at their govtpage and get only good news for people going solar:

Conditions energy tax exemption

You use only renewable energy and electricity for generating electricity. Renewable sources are wind, solar, geothermal, wave, tidal, hydropower, biomass, landfill gas, sewage or biogas.

and:

Temporary subsidy for investment in solar panels for domestic consumers

Since July 2, 2012, a temporary subsidy for investment in solar panels for domestic consumers. Small consumers can get a subsidy of 15% of the purchase price. This arrangement gives an extra boost to clean energy. Also, this emphasizes the importance of renewable energy close to the people. The grant runs through 2013.

source

Maybe google translate is mixing things up a bit, but as far as I can see your claim is bunkers.

edit on 27/7/13 by D.Wolf because: added reply to

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's better than taxing sex I suppose.
They'd go broke on most married couples.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

It's better than taxing sex I suppose

Shhhh!!

Drat now the NSA has that, and will inform the US Government who will tell Europe that they must tax sex.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Like I said PuterMan,
They'll go broke on married couples.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

They should be Organically Recycled IMO
since they "care" so much for the environment.

They would never get organic certification. NEVER!!
Just load them all up in a rocket and point it at the sun.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Proving that idiocy truly has no bounds, Spain issued a "royal decree" taxing sunlight gatherers. The state threatens fines as much as 30 million euros for those who illegally gather sunlight without paying a tax.

The tax is just enough to make sure that homeowners cannot gather and store solar energy cheaper than state-sponsored providers.

Source

So it seems that finally the lunatics have taken full control of the madhouse.

If you get caught collecting photons of sunlight for your own use, you can be fined as much as 30 million euros.

If you were thinking the best energy option was to buy some solar panels that were down 80% in price, you can forget about it.

Now it is fair to point out that this is only draft legislation at present, but don't bet that if won't be put into practice. It is in the EU after all. My only thought on that is the EU actually might not be too pleased since it defeats their green power drive to an extent, although of course you must also remember that Spain is the country where the suppliers of solar generated electricity were charging for power generated during the night!

Back in 2010 I created a spoof thread about a tax on breathing out carbon dioxide but with legislation like this proposed solar tax about to happen, could it be extended to sunbathing since that might make you healthier and divest Big Pharma of some profits, and thence to breathing CO2. Who knows, but this is the EU and here anything can happen.

Within the article is a reference to this wonderful petition by French candle makers to restrict daylight.

A PETITION From the Manufacturers of Candles, Tapers, Lanterns, sticks, Street Lamps, Snuffers, and Extinguishers, and from Producers of Tallow, Oil, Resin, Alcohol, and Generally of Everything Connected with Lighting.

I would like to think that this draft legislation will be defeated, but .............

The Secretary of State for Energy, Alberto Nadal, signed a draft royal decree in which consumption taxes are levied on those who want to start solar power systems on their rooftops.

I don't know if a draft Royal Decree means it is a done deal.

Good info.

The same has already happened with fresh water. Almost all the fresh water on this planet has been privatized and are owned and operated by land owners, large corporations i.e. Nestle, why even billionaire Tim PICKINS has his hands in water because he knows in the near future water will become more valuable than gold.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by TheMagus

They should be Organically Recycled IMO
since they "care" so much for the environment.

They would never get organic certification. NEVER!!
Just load them all up in a rocket and point it at the sun.

they don't eat GMO's do they? [that's for the peasants ]
hence organic.

gives a whole new meaning to "eat the rich"

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

i thought you were talking straight urine. 1 to 10 ratio is hella diluted. i do live in the city now but not always, city living sucks.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We're discussing this thread on ATS Live tonight! - click the link for more details
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Next they will tax the air you breath . Oh yeh I forgot the carbon tax they actually tax the air you expel out of your axx and breath out as well as your animals . The Carbon tax will be included in pet food , the meat you eat , the gas you buy and every product you buy . This is a tax to be reported to the Banksters like in old England with the Commoners and the Royals . The World banks said they would give the money to the poor . Yeah right ! When have they ever gave anything to anybody .

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's all very clear,,,Angeles Duran owns the Sun,,its all spelled out in the legal documents,,,,& as shes a Spanish citizen ,,therefore falling under rule of the Spanish Royality ,who directly answer to the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha,,,

,,,NOW PAY UP suckers....

Who Owns the Sun?

Think about that next time ya get a sunburn

House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha

As for who owns the Air,,I will cover that in my next post;;;
but your not going too like it ;;;

edit on 27-7-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join