It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with Location/System Usage for Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi ATS!

I wonder if anyone here has been having this same problem with FB?

I can't log in due to FB telling me that the System I am using is one they don't recognize or the Location I'm in is not what they associate with my Account! I can't remember my Security Question which I gave a false name for my first Teacher's Name, so I can't Log-In this way.

I wrote a complaint to FB and someone there told me to send in my Passport or other Identity plus proof of where I live at this time..... I found this to be rather strange, not to mention Intrusive of my Privacy! I told them to stop being so stupid as I have been using this System for 2 and half years and also been at the same Location for the same amount of time. I also told them 'do they think I'm stupid and going to put all my Personal Info up on FB or send in a copy of my Passport or Birth Certificate!' What the hell is this anyway? Its just a chatsite really, I don't see why they would want all this info.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way round it?

I have cleared my system of all Activity including deleting all cookies, Browser Usage and Cache but I still can't log in. Last time this happened, I was logged out for 24 hours until asked a new question about my Location and shown a map of where the Log-In attempt was Situated.... I typed in that 'YES' this is my Location and was then able to log in but I really don't want to keep being logged out for 24 hours when this bug happens and I am also not sending FB my Birth Certificate or Passport!

This has also happened with my Pro Account a few times but luckily was able to Identify my Friends and Log-In.

This is happening with my other Account which obviously I am not using my real name on.
edit on 26-7-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You got hacked, bro.

Delete your facebook account and then start a new one (if you must)that you only access from public computers. Just remember to sign out.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No, I didnt get hacked!

I dont use a public Internet!

This has happened a few times, like I said..... and when i've logged in, there is no problem with anything on the account!

join