It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman / Trayvon: Yeah, I'm sick of it too, but one Video you HAVE to see...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

2- "Lean" is not, nor does it contain robitussin. Lean is made with the opiate codeine.

3- You can not magically create a "codeine based" drink by mixing the ingredients mentioned. That does not magically create codeine. If it did, addicts everywhere would be stocking up on this crap.

Each 5 mL of Robitussin contains 10 mg of codeine (an opiate), 100 mg of guaifenesin (an expectorant), and 30 mg of pseudoephedrine (a decongestant).

Looks like you're wrong on this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ruderalis1
I was unaware of Zimmerman having past history beating his spouse and police officers.

He doesn't.

Certain posters here keep saying that he does ... but the FACT is that Zimmerman has no such history.

- When Zimmerman was 19 or 20, he and an undercover cop had a tussle at a bar. The undercover cop was hastleing Zimmermans friend. The cop later dropped the charges against Zimmerman because the cop was misbehaving in the matter.

- Zimmerman and his 'ex' both had restraining orders placed against each other when they had a fight. A while later, when both had calmed down, they both dropped the complaints against each other.

can you please tell me what underage saint george zimmerman was doing with his underage friend at a bar and how the cop was trying to detain the friend for underage drinking when saint george intervened? how and where is your proof that the cop was misbehaving?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Really?!?! When will this ever end. I can deal with Ats slandering a dead kids name and placing another on a pedestal but stop slandering the syrup! Purple drank does not make you paranoid or aggressive it does the opposite, he wasn't on Pcp bath salts or any other aggressive mind altering narcotic.

So now TM's new nick name is "lean maker" huh?
I must have missed the 911 call where Zimmerman reported Trayvon was "leaning" or appeared to be intoxicated. I also missed the part where Trayvon had a prescription bottle of the promethazine w/ codeine in his possession. I was also unaware that possession of Schedule II type drugs carry the death penalty.

We have hard drug laws in The United States as it is we don't need moronic propaganda filling the publics mind. What more do you people want? Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman is free.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by faust833

Zimmerman's father was a judge and Zimmerman knows the Stand your Ground law very well. He never mentioned to Martin he had a gun and was out there to instigate action and kill Martin. It was as simple as that and unfortunate how things turned out.

exactly, in georges own words trayvon asked him if he had a problem and george said he didn't. IF GEORGE DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WHY DID HE CALL 911!!!!!! why did'nt george just say i'm neighborhood watch and i would like to know why you are looking through windows? that is creepy, you are following me and then when i confront you about it you say you don't have a problem, WELL WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME ?????

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Dextromethorphan (Robitussin) Is over the counter.
It is NOT codeine.
There is no DXM (Robitussin) in LEAN.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

You are correct V. Robitussin AC is not the over the counter version.

I'm glad you made the distinction because kids can still abuse DXM but it has nothing to do with making Drank,Lean,Purps or whatever they want to call that crap in the moment.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

You absolutely cannot use the side effects list for DXM (Robitussin) in place of Codeine (scripted) Cough Syrup. They are two entirely different categories of drugs. DXM (Robitussin) being a disassociative and Codeine (Scripted Cough Syrup) being an opiate. That fact makes this entire video useless and spreads disinformation that could possibly hurt someone misusing the word "COUGH SYRUP" and showing a picture of Robitussin when the actual Drank is made with "COUGH SYRUP" which is SCRIPTED. Sure you can get messed up on DXM too but no one would ever do it in this manner, that would be disgusting number 1, number 2 do almost nothing, number 3 you would have to drink entirely too much of it.

The drank, LEAN, whatever you want to call it is NOT ROBITUSSIN. Robitussin has been catching the flack for this crap for years because people can't read.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanisius

2- "Lean" is not, nor does it contain robitussin. Lean is made with the opiate codeine.

3- You can not magically create a "codeine based" drink by mixing the ingredients mentioned. That does not magically create codeine. If it did, addicts everywhere would be stocking up on this crap.

Each 5 mL of Robitussin contains 10 mg of codeine (an opiate), 100 mg of guaifenesin (an expectorant), and 30 mg of pseudoephedrine (a decongestant).

Looks like you're wrong on this one.

This is absolute BULLSH*T do NOT believe this post, if there were codeine in Robitussin it would not be sold over the counter in America. How old are you and where the hell did you get this information?

Maybe in other countries where Codeine is over the counter that is possible, but not in America, which is where all this went down PS.
edit on 26-7-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I was attempting to compliment you on the distinction between DXM and Codeine. But your reply deserves comment.

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

You absolutely cannot use the side effects list for DXM (Robitussin) in place of Codeine (scripted) Cough Syrup.

I didn't.

They are two entirely different categories of drugs. DXM (Robitussin) being a disassociative and Codeine (Scripted Cough Syrup) being an opiate.

Robutussin is a brand with several recipes. DXM and Codeine are active ingredients so to put parenthesis around Robitussin after DXM is misleading. Robitussin AC contains 10mg's codeine and indeed requires a prescription.

That fact makes this entire video useless and spreads disinformation that could possibly hurt someone misusing the word "COUGH SYRUP" and showing a picture of Robitussin when the actual Drank is made with "COUGH SYRUP" which is SCRIPTED. Sure you can get messed up on DXM too but no one would ever do it in this manner, that would be disgusting number 1, number 2 do almost nothing, number 3 you would have to drink entirely too much of it.

I agree that they should have been more responsible if they are going to use a picture with Robitussin in it that it should have been the AC bottle and not the DM bottle.

The drank, LEAN, whatever you want to call it is NOT ROBITUSSIN. Robitussin has been catching the flack for this crap for years because people can't read.

You can capitalize all you want but that will not change the fact that it COULD be Robitussin. AC with Codeine.
So I will suggest that ranting that Robitussin is not Codeine is harmful disinfo to the parent that has a bottle of AC in their cabinet and think their kid can't make the crap.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Claims they're sick of the GZ/TM situation, then proceeds to post a nonsense video to drudge up yet another discussion of said situation....
.........and they say MSM is to blame....

link   

The most popular type of codeine syrup is promethazine-codeine, a prescription cough syrup.

Syrup also is made with over-the-counter cough syrups such as Robitussin DM, which contain dextromethorphan as the cough suppressant. Although dextromethorphan is used recreationally, it has dissociative effects as opposed to narcotic.

Purple Drank Wiki

It seems to me that there are a couple of variations of this elixir and some of them do indeed use Robitussin.

The above is provided purely for the purposes of the discussion at hand and is in no way meant to condone or encourage recreational use.

link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

I think Zimmerman should've told Martin he had a gun and to keep his distance. Martin would probably still be alive today.

I think I'll disagree with that. There are a number of mistakes that I think Zimmerman made in this case, but I don't think that's one of them. I'm not sure that Zimmerman ever had enough reason at the time that, to him, justified declaring that he had a gun and risk potentially escalate the situation. Many people who conceal-carry have learned to be extremely careful about letting other people know that they are carrying a weapon. Many people (especially people who just aren't into guns or are "anti-gun") don't respond well to knowing that someone else is carrying a gun. They can often be afraid, and it's not unheard of for there to be misunderstandings about carrying. Gun carriers don't want to scare somebody unnecessarily, and unless there is an imminent threat that leaves telling (or showing) that you're carrying a weapon as your ONLY option, it's to be avoided. That's common sense that I think everyone who conceal-carries should/does know.

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by faust833

Zimmerman's father was a judge and Zimmerman knows the Stand your Ground law very well. He never mentioned to Martin he had a gun and was out there to instigate action and kill Martin. It was as simple as that and unfortunate how things turned out.

See my above text for a general outline of my feelings on the "declaring you have a gun" matter. And forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your post, but it sounds like you're against the Stand your Ground laws in general. Is this the case, or am I mistaken?

Originally posted by iwilliam

Well, yes and no. I don't know the chemical makeup of Robitussin to know whether it contains codeine or not. But some over-the-counter medications DO contain small amounts of codeine. And most addicts don't stock up on "this crap" because the amounts of codeine contained would be so small that I'm guessing that they wouldn't get a significant high from it. I would think it'd be easier to just get some crack.

5- The stuff Martin had on him is in NO way proof that he was planning to use, or ever had used either "lean" or robitussin. (Okay, I'll give you the screen shot from the vid as proof that he had interest in codeine / lean. That does not prove he ever took it, merely that he was interested in doing so.) One can not be affected by a drug one has never taken. This is illogical. Again, this proves nothing. Further, it's not even good indication of anything-- it's grasping at straws, plain and simple.

I wouldn't quite call it grasping at straws. Yes, it doesn't truly prove anything. However, we do know that Trayvon had a history of using marijuana. So when it's known that he's used drugs in the past, it's not a HUGE leap to speculate that he was going to use a new drug, especially one that he has been shown to have an interest in. Yes, I know, it's speculation, and I don't generally like it, but then again the mainstream media has done plenty of speculation of their own on this case, and a lot of it has been a LOT more ridiculous and baseless than this.

7- The liver damaged mentioned is also proof of nothing. Liver damage can happen for all kinds of reasons.

Yes, liver damage can happen for a number of reasons. But in an otherwise healthy teenager? I personally can think of only two possible reasons (if we exclude the video's claim that abuse of lean can cause liver damage). Either he just so happened to have a disease that caused liver damage, but had no other symptoms that appeared in his autopsy (which I think is rather unlikely), or else he had been chronically abusing copious amounts of alcohol for some time before the encounter. Again, I think it's rather unlikely that he would have been consuming enough alcohol to start showing liver damage at such a young age. Again, those are the two reasons that I can think of.

Anybody on here ever gone to medical school and have any properly educated ideas on what could cause enough liver damage to show on the autopsy of a teenager?
edit on 7/26/13 by EPH612 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I fail to see it mentioned in this thread the fact that treyvan was also shown to be high on marihuana in the toxicology report

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Well I was attempting to compliment you on the distinction between DXM and Codeine. But your reply deserves comment.

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

You absolutely cannot use the side effects list for DXM (Robitussin) in place of Codeine (scripted) Cough Syrup.

I didn't.

They are two entirely different categories of drugs. DXM (Robitussin) being a disassociative and Codeine (Scripted Cough Syrup) being an opiate.

Robutussin is a brand with several recipes. DXM and Codeine are active ingredients so to put parenthesis around Robitussin after DXM is misleading. Robitussin AC contains 10mg's codeine and indeed requires a prescription.

That fact makes this entire video useless and spreads disinformation that could possibly hurt someone misusing the word "COUGH SYRUP" and showing a picture of Robitussin when the actual Drank is made with "COUGH SYRUP" which is SCRIPTED. Sure you can get messed up on DXM too but no one would ever do it in this manner, that would be disgusting number 1, number 2 do almost nothing, number 3 you would have to drink entirely too much of it.

I agree that they should have been more responsible if they are going to use a picture with Robitussin in it that it should have been the AC bottle and not the DM bottle.

You can capitalize all you want but that will not change the fact that it COULD be Robitussin. AC with Codeine.
So I will suggest that ranting that Robitussin is not Codeine is harmful disinfo to the parent that has a bottle of AC in their cabinet and think their kid can't make the crap.

I know you were complimenting sorry that came off wrong. Last I checked you can't buy codeine in any form over the counter in the US.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
I fail to see it mentioned in this thread the fact that treyvan was also shown to be high on marihuana in the toxicology report
Marijuana? Are you kidding me? Come on that stuff is harmless! I say Legalize it! Now give me some stars!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Who are you? Zimmerman's spokesperson? You seem to know sooooo much about this guy, YET, back nothing up...to show us that Zimmerman had a squeaky clean background. From what i've researched, and have already posted, throughout the Zimmerman Trial Thread, was that GZ had been arrested but the case was closed. Then, it turns out that GZ's mom and dad both work for the system. Now, you're telling me, daddy didn't pull no strings, each time his child got in trouble.

Yeah, your sick of Zimmerman/Trayvon, but you just have to have the last word. Soon as we mention George's myspace posts and domestic violence problems, y'all say: THAT DON'T COUNT.

What some of you are trying to do, is bully people into believing that fairytale GZ told you. You wouldn't know a "thug", if an OG introduced himself to you, personally. And, you know what, i could care less that a jury found him innocent. He's only innocent in the eyes of the "law", but he IS GUILTY of killing someone.

God bless Amerika!

Also weird, how y'all jump ship from this THREAD to post on this one. The OP's video was already posted in that thread. Slick!
STill accusing a dead person of crimes he didn't commit, huh??? Sad!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Low traces though.

In recent texts via social media, he switched the the alternative being discussed. Because it was cheaper and had similar effects.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

My sentiments exactly. When you corner some people (not naming names) on their BS, they either ignore you or skip to some other thread that they can infect with their delusional and prejudicial thinking.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

He was absolutely not. They found traces of THC in his system which theoretically could have been stored in his fat cells from marijuana he smoked a week ago. Also, even if he was high as a freaking kite, what difference does it make? You seem to be implying that smoking weed makes a person morally reprehensible and culpable in any situation where violence is involved.

I missed the part where a little THC became PCP.
edit on 26-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Since we're talking someone's behavioral problems.

Former co-workers have come forward describing the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed Trayvon Martin as “Jekyll and Hyde."

Zimmerman's changing personality came to be too much, which resulted in him getting fired from his job as a security guard. A former co-worker told the New York Daily News that Zimmerman, usually a nice guy, would snap from time to time.

Describing Zimmerman as one of the guys, but with a dark side:

"Usually he was just a cool guy. He liked to drink and hang with the women like the rest of us. But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When the dude snapped, he snapped."
It was that attitude that led to Zimmerman ultimately being fired.

Zimmerman’s former co-worker continued, saying:

"He had a temper and he became a liability. One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted. It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out."

Read more: globalgrind.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join