It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman / Trayvon: Yeah, I'm sick of it too, but one Video you HAVE to see...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

Zimmerman already established Martin was acting suspicious, he should've told Martin before he got too close. Other than that (typical rookie mistake) I think Zimmerman had every right to shoot him.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I am angry!

I did a Google search on AfterBurner, and Bill Whittle. To my surprise I learned a whole lot about LEAN or Purple Drank. I found postings that went back past June of 2012. The media surely knew about this, as did many others. Why did I not see any of it in the main stream media reports?
Because the Mainstream Media is BS. The only reason The Zimmerman trial made it on the news is because they had to divert the public eye away from Govt Scandals. It started with Paula Deen. Watch this. youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by faust833

Zimmerman's father was a judge and Zimmerman knows the Stand your Ground law very well. He never mentioned to Martin he had a gun and was out there to instigate action and kill Martin. It was as simple as that and unfortunate how things turned out.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
He never mentioned to Martin he had a gun and was out there to instigate action and kill Martin.

If Zimmerman was out hunting black people then he wouldn't have called dispatch to tell them what was happening and he would have gone into a 'hood' where he was sure to find 'dem bad ol' black folks to shoot. Instead, Zimmerman calls dispatch and informs them of where he is and what is happening and he's in his regular neighborhood.

He wasn't out hunting black people.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

at what point do you think Martin beating him up would've stopped- concussion, brain damage, coma or death? Martin was never in danger of Zimmerman following him no matter how paranoid he was from taking DXM/codeine.

Zimmerman should have been street smart, he brought it upon himself when he approached the "thug" Child. Zimmerman had no fear because he was carrying a gun, he knew before he approached Trayvon that there would be a potential shooting because he had it in his mind that he was "Standing His Ground" . Well he wasn't standing his ground, he was trying to be a cop, and he's guilty of bad judgement. Trayvon Martin is Dead.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

If only this was released on a large scale, race pimps like Sharpton and Jackson would have been stifled right from the get go.

Yeah, TM should have expected to have a reaction to attacking someone.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If Zimmerman was out hunting black people then he wouldn't have called dispatch to tell them what was happening and he would have gone into a 'hood' where he was sure to find 'dem bad ol' black folks to shoot.

I know you are trying, in your lame way, to be funny, but you are falling way seriously short.

First of all, nowhere in my statement I mentioned anything about "Zimmerman was out hunting black people". All that is in your mind so you need to step back a bit and provide proper critique.

Secondly, and since you brought it up, why would he go to the "hood" and hunt black people when all he had to do was profile Martin and approach him. Tell me, and be honest about this, for once, would Zimmerman have disobeyed the dispatcher if he were unarmed?

I think you have the answer to that but I will wait to see your response.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

he knew before he approached Trayvon that there would be a potential shooting because he had it in his mind that he was "Standing His Ground"

How do you know what he "knew"?
How do you know what he had in his mind?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Zimmerman's father was a judge and Zimmerman knows the Stand your Ground law very well. He never mentioned to Martin he had a gun and was out there to instigate action and kill Martin. It was as simple as that and unfortunate how things turned out.

I am a businessman and started out my work career as an accountant...but I can guarantee you that my son would not know a debit from a credit, or a reconciliation from a trial balance.

Zimmerman was exposed to the "Stand your Ground" law in one of the courses he took in College, true. But Stand your Ground was never offered as a defence in this case, because it did not apply to the facts of the matter.

Zimmerman was under no obligation to inform Martin that he was carrying a firearm...and obligations aside, was sucker punched before he even knew he was about to be involved in a physical altercation - so it would not likely have occurred to him to "warn" Martin of this fact. Once he was on the ground and being pummelled...and obviously physically over matched...Zimmerman would have to be a fool to let his assailant know he had a gun - Martin would have rifled him for it, and quite possibly used it on him.

Zimmerman was out there to kill Martin? Since this is based on nothing, it is hardly worth commenting on...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Let me state that video the OP posted was filled with inaccuracies and suppositions it borders on pure unadulterated misinformation.

For instance, I can't find anything on the Internet that claims the concoction Martin was supposedly trying to make causes "aggressive behavior".

BTW, the combination of Arizona Iced tea+Skittles+Robitussin supposedly produces something commonly known as "Purple Drank".

Purple drank is a mixture of a few ounces of promethazine/codeine prescription cough syrup and 8 ounces or more of a lemon-lime soda like Sprite, Sierra Mist or 7Up. The purple comes from the syrup dye. Often, Jolly Ranchers or Skittles are added for flavor.

Side Effects of Purple Drank:

Restless muscles movements in the eyes, tongue, jaw, neck
Shallow breathing
Slow heartbeat
Feeling like you might pass out
Confusion, agitation, hallucinations
Seizure
Urinating less than usual
Stiff muscles
High fever, sweating
Dizziness, drowsiness
Feeling restless
Insomnia

If anything, the majority of symptoms indicate a state of relaxation and sedation. Maybe Whittle knows something beyond the stated symptoms.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

he knew before he approached Trayvon that there would be a potential shooting because he had it in his mind that he was "Standing His Ground"

How do you know what he "knew"?
How do you know what he had in his mind?

I'm Psychic. I thought you already knew that.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This was an excellent video.

Its what many of us have tried to explain here time and time again... mostly to deaf & ignorant ears/minds/eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Zimmerman was sucker punched? Riiiight. And who told you this? Zimmerman? There are no clear facts in this case except Martin is dead.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

TextI think Zimmerman should've told Martin he had a gun and to keep his distance. Martin would probably still be alive today.
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Perhaps but that is unlawful to brandish a weapon or threaten with a weapon. As a carrier you cannot use your privilege to carry as a means of a threat to any citizen. The skittle kid would sue you in a heart beat and even own your gun. No, George did it the right way.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

By the way, I like your quote. "behind the facade of an innocent looking bookstore". At first I couldn't figure out where I heard that, then I realised "La Sexorcisto!"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1
I seen this posted on Liveleak a couple days ago and had no clue what the hell LEAN was until I seen the video. I believe this was known by the MSM and a lot of other people but was purposely left out to keep the innocence they instilled with Trayvons Image.

I think its so funny how many people think Zimmerman was the aggressive paranoid but noooope it turns out Trayon "Lean Maker" Martin was the aggressive paranoid.

You didn't hear about this in the mainstream media because apparently some MSM journalists out there are still capable of checking their facts and not publishing complete garbage (I reference the complete garbage in the video).

You've never heard of "lean", and apparently the guy in that video never had either. Because he gets so much wrong, on top of making a number of assumptions. This is the real reason you've never heard this idiotic drivel before.

1- When they make "lean" with candy, it is not made with skittles, it is made with Jolly Ranchers. (I almost wish I didn't know that.
) Skittles do not dissolve readily, whereas jolly ranchers do. That is simple chemistry.

2- "Lean" is not, nor does it contain robitussin. Lean is made with the opiate codeine.

3- You can not magically create a "codeine based" drink by mixing the ingredients mentioned. That does not magically create codeine. If it did, addicts everywhere would be stocking up on this crap.

4- Robitussin is abused by some for a cheap high. This is true. However, it's not typically consumed in the same way as "lean." Because codeine is a potent drug, it can be sipped to slowly achieve an altered state. Robitussin's active ingredient is not nearly as potent, and one must consume a god awful amount of syrup to achieve any kind of "high," even a "lighter" one....

5- The stuff Martin had on him is in NO way proof that he was planning to use, or ever had used either "lean" or robitussin. (Okay, I'll give you the screen shot from the vid as proof that he had interest in codeine / lean. That does not prove he ever took it, merely that he was interested in doing so.) One can not be affected by a drug one has never taken. This is illogical. Again, this proves nothing. Further, it's not even good indication of anything-- it's grasping at straws, plain and simple.

6- Let's assume for a second he had ever taken codeine or robitussin.

A- There is no evidence he was under the influence at the time of the attack
B- The effects of the aforementioned substances are not known for paranoia, aggression, or violence. In fact, the effects tend to run in the opposite direction. Codeine is an opiate and a depressant (meaning it slows you down, not hypes you up). Dextromethorphan (robitussin) is, in higher doses, a dissociative anesthetic with a more complex effects profile and mechanism of action. Regardless, paranoia and aggression are not typical effects or after-effects.

7- The liver damaged mentioned is also proof of nothing. Liver damage can happen for all kinds of reasons.

In summary: He did not have the ingredients for "lean" on him. He had maybe one ingredient, if that ("lean" is made with all kinds of soft drinks, including "Sprite", and a number of others). That would be like saying you have proof that someone was going to make a "Screwdriver" because they were found in possession of orange juice. It's ludicrous and ridiculous. Further, there is no real proof that he ever did these drugs, despite possibly having an interest in one of them. Unfortunately lots of kids are "interested" in the effects of drugs. Kids are curious creatures.

This is just grasping at straws, and yet another attempt to paint one of these guys (Martin or Zimmerman) in a negative light to reinforce a point.

It's at once pathetically sad and laughable. Both in its intent, and level of ineptitude of it's poorly researched and thought-through execution.

edit on 26-7-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is how the most of the US see s it but the people on this thread are used to blaming the victim.
He hunted
He stalked
Cried help
And shot
He knew the law

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Could be takln about drank or lean either can be made with Skittles and Arizona tea.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Text Tell me, and be honest about this, for once, would Zimmerman have disobeyed the dispatcher if he were unarmed?
reply to post by Jaellma

George did not disobey any authority. In the first place a dispatcher is not the law and in the second place George was talking to the dispatcher as he was walking and when the dispatcher gave the advise George then ceased his following Martin and was returning to his vehicle. That was when George was ambushed by Martin and took a sucker punch. And how do you know a gun made him brave? How would George know that Martin was not carrying a gun? You sure assume things that are not there. The skittle kid met his match and paid the penalty. All Martin had to do was keep on walking and ignore George. It works both ways

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Treading very carefully around the T&C, as the information I am about to post is from an abstract on the study of DXM abuse, it is by no means meant to condone or encourage any such activity.

The following can be found at the US National Library of Medicine operated by the National Institutes of Health.

The drug is known to cause a variety of acute toxic effects, ranging from nausea, restlessness, insomnia, ataxia, slurred speech and nystagmus to mood changes, perceptual alterations, inattention, disorientation and aggressive behavior (Rammer et al 1988; Katona and Watson 1986; Isbell and Fraser 1953; Devlin et al 1985; McCarthy 1971; Dodds and Revai 1967; Degkwitz 1964; Hildebrand et al 1989). There have also been two reported fatalities from DM overdoses (Fleming 1986). However, there are no reports describing the effects of chronic abuse. This report describes a case of cognitive deterioration resulting from prolonged use of DM.
emphasis mine

Cognitive deterioration from long-term abuse of dextromethorphan: a case report.

I hope this falls within acceptable guidelines. There are many many first hand accounts from people who have abused this concoction and a significant portion of them include paranoia as one of the primary long term affects they experience.

I don't want to directly quote or link to any of the various accounts I have read as they do deal with the recreational use of this product and thus may fall under T&C violation, but the stories are out there if you want to look for yourself.

This stuff is bad news...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join