It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman / Trayvon: Yeah, I'm sick of it too, but one Video you HAVE to see...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Being athletic doesn't necessarily make you a good fighter, or even a better than terrible one. At 17, my reflexes may have been better, but I'd have been dumb enough to get up close with my 51 yr old self, and it'd be there that I came undone, as 51 yr old me would negate all that speed and agility once I had a hold of my younger self.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

No being athletic doesn't always mean good fighter, BUT Martin fought regularly and that creates a better fighter. Also Martin had strength so a sucker punch is going to be powerful and you don't need to really be a great fighter if you get a good sucker punch in and get on top.

As for you hypothetical situation.. it doesn't really matter what you think a meet up between your younger and older self would be like. It has no bearing on this case.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If Trayvon Martin had been a good fighter, we wouldn't be having this discussion, as Zimmerman would never have reached his gun if that was the case. Any "good fighter" who has his opponent in a mounted position and that opponent has a crap defence, is going to destroy that person in about 5 seconds. There's a reason professional fighters have a referee in the ring, and it's to stop them taking unnecessary damage when they are no longer defending themselves intelligently.

Now, where is your evidence that Trayvon was a good fighter? Where is your evidence that he fought regularly? Where is your evidence that Trayvon had a powerful sucker punch, or that he ever landed one that night? Don't point to the picture of Zimmerman's nose, because that is only proof he was injured. There is no way of proving that it was caused by a sucker punch, so the only way you can decide that is what happened is if you want to believe Zimmerman. There is no other reason to believe such a claim.
edit on 1-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Well he did like to fight.

www.dailymotion.com...

Forgot that before its news is no longer excepted here.

I guess TM just liked violence. Live by the sword die by the sword/gun.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

He's refereeing a fight. How does that suggest he has an unhealthy interest in violence? There are 1,000's of US youths pretending to be their fave mma star and challenging their peers to compete in unarmed combat bouts with rules and referees. How does this relate to someone's propensity to attack a complete stranger and attempt to kill them...allegedly?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I already answered that. He liked violence the video of him fighting has been scrubbed but here is another link to his tendencies.

www.mrconservative.com...

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So, one video of him actually fighting was found? For someone who shared his whole life unashamedly on social networks, doesn't it strike you as a little strange that only that vid was available of his exploits? Did the video show him manhandling a 40lb heavier, 10 yr older opponent, by any chance? None of the "evidence" you are proffering bears any relation to his likelihood to attack a complete stranger, who for all he knew, might have been an even better street fighter than himself. And the likelihood of him doing it to impress some girl he was talking to on the phone is as laughable as are the people who have bought Zimmerman's bs hook, line and sinker. Congratulations on your support of a murderer who got away with it. It must make you so proud to be an American.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Congratulations on ignoring the evidence in the trial. Including the evidence they didn't show.

I think the quote from MLK Jr was fitting to bad you don't.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes, it's all about the trial, because juries have never been involved in miscarriages of justice.

ps. But, jftr, what evidence do you think I've missed?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So much speculation with this ground and pound. The truth is there are many variables Ina ground and pound situation. One could be in a full mount a half mount one knee on the ground both. The guy could've throwing strait blasts into the face or wild swings. If he was doing wild swings its very possible to fend off much of the strikes. There are instances where one can get to their waistband and draw a weapon and times whee they can't. But one thing is for certain even experienced fighters feel panic to some degree when they are mounted, its a bad place to be. If things aren't going well certain doom is you g to happen for the guy on the bottom one can easily be scared enough to produce a weapon and use it. But going back n forth over some ground and pound speculation is just that speculation

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

So, do you want to believe Trayvon was able to throw an opening punch that fractured or broke Zimmerman's nose and rocked him enough that he can't even remember how he ended up on his back 30ft away, or how Trayvon managed to mount him, while at the same time believing that once in that position, Trayvon couldn't land another blow that caused any real damage to Zimmerman's face in over 20+ seconds of raining down punches? Be real... how likely is that? If TM had been in that position deliberately, he'd have been dropping elbows on Zimmerman's face, headbutting him and basically just finishing off what he started.

But, no. that wasn't going to happen - not against Heroic George, the soft, but surprisingly resilient, good guy all round NW captain.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Besides everything you posted being nonsense and theoretical there is plenty of evidence. The evidence of at least onne good hit from Trayvon was in his damaged knuckles. The evidence he fought regularly was in the texts regarding multiple fights and assaults, in Rachel Jeantels testimony that she thought Trayvon didn't call back because it was "just another fight," and in the videos of Trayvon refereeing fights.

He wasn't a pro fighter and wasn't throwing punches when Zimmerman shot him. Revel in your fantasy all you want, but you know what the reality is, you just don't want to believe it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

He also describes a fight he was in, has messages regarding assaulting a bus driver, had a friend tell him he needed to fight less, Rachel jEantel thought it was "just another fight" the night he died, and he referred to himself as a gangsta when his friend said he was becoming a hoodlum.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Yes, it's all about the trial, because juries have never been involved in miscarriages of justice.

ps. But, jftr, what evidence do you think I've missed?

Lol if the jury had ALL the evidence Zimmerman would be doubly free.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

reply to post by BASSPLYR

So, do you want to believe Trayvon was able to throw an opening punch that fractured or broke Zimmerman's nose and rocked him enough that he can't even remember how he ended up on his back 30ft away, or how Trayvon managed to mount him, while at the same time believing that once in that position, Trayvon couldn't land another blow that caused any real damage to Zimmerman's face in over 20+ seconds of raining down punches? Be real... how likely is that? If TM had been in that position deliberately, he'd have been dropping elbows on Zimmerman's face, headbutting him and basically just finishing off what he started.

But, no. that wasn't going to happen - not against Heroic George, the soft, but surprisingly resilient, good guy all round NW captain.

In your alleged 50 plus years on this Earth you haven't learned much. I was jumped by several guys and at oe point wound up on the ground with a foot on my chest with the guy waving a pipe. I couldn't tell you how the transition from standing to being on my back happened if my life depended on it. The adrenaline and quickness are like an amnesiac.. it's probably a natural defense to relieve some of the anxiety. So get over it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
oh you were jumped by several guys and one guy had a pipe and you lived to talk about it? funny zimmerman and trayvon were fighting 1 on 1 and martin had no weapon. we all know what happened next.

edit on 2-8-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I've been 8 on 1 and lived to tell the tale. The secret is to hit anything that comes near you, avoid going to the ground, and if you can't do that, at least makes sure you bounce right back up firing punches again. Hit a couple of them hard enough and it discourages the rest. Sounds to me like you're just a flapper who goes into some sort of amnesia state when you are faced with danger.

edit on 2-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Great video. My eyes are wider and I am more appalled by our sensationalist media.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I've been 8 on 1 and lived to tell the tale. The secret is to hit anything that comes near you, avoid going to the ground, and if you can't do that, at least makes sure you bounce right back up firing punches again. Hit a couple of them hard enough and it discourages the rest. Sounds to me like you're just a flapper who goes into some sort of amnesia state when you are faced with danger.

edit on 2-8-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Oh I forgot you're a super tough guy. 8 on 1 lol we both know your lying.. or did they line up and refuse to go more than one at a time? You can throw more than 3 punches at a time? I would wager you don't know anything about high stress or fighting situations. I didn't say I blacked out, I am saying adrenaline blurs the details of how I went from standing. I am not ashamed of the fact I didn't hold off 4 guys (mine weren't so courteous as to only use fists and pinky promise they would only come at you one at a time. I believe I wen't down avoiding a pipe swing. I survived it, that's enough I guess, since then I've learned a few things, but very little prepares you for a sucker punch as your turning around. I would bet I have faced more real danger in my 27 years than you have in your alleged 51.

All you have shown is that you can't be trusted to tell the truth here.
edit on 3-8-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
oh you were jumped by several guys and one guy had a pipe and you lived to talk about it? funny zimmerman and trayvon were fighting 1 on 1 and martin had no weapon. we all know what happened next.

edit on 2-8-2013 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

Are you SERIOUSLY DUMB ENOUGH to try to use my OWN real world example? I can tell you I absolutetly feared for my life enough to justfy blasting them all if i'd had a gun and the only reason I'm here is because one of the guuys stopped the other from taking a pipe to my face (had it just been the guy with the pipe I may be dead), I jumped up and ran as fast as I could and got about half the bar outside to run them off (they still had the bar's door guy held). This was in a decently lit area.

That was completely ignorant of you to try. They are the reason I carry now and if i'd had my gun then at least one of them would have been shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join