It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Bird accused of spying for Israel 'innocent'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Turkey: Bird accused of spying for Israel 'innocent'

Yup, no joke. HAHAHAHAHA. I thought to share this strange Friday piece of news in Israel, seems like mother nature is called to advocate human stupidity and fear mongering.

www.ynetnews.com

Turkish authorities have "cleared a renegade bird captured in the Ağın district of the eastern province of Elazığ on suspicions of working for Israel's state-of-the-art intelligence agency," the Hurriyet newspaper reported Friday.
Local authorities submitted the bird to careful medical examinations to ensure that it did not carry microchips. An X-ray test carried out at Fırat University in Elazığ finally convinced the authorities that the bird was "just a simple specimen of Israeli wildlife," Hurriyet reported, adding that the bird had been registered under the name "Israeli spy" by medical personnel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

How about that? Isn't the world getting crazier and crazier as time goes? Seems like technology is messing with our minds already, and made us more paranoid and suspicious to literally everything.

I mean... locking up some bird and accusing her for spying... Damn we deserve a knuckle shot on the head aren't we?
What's next? A snail accused of trespassing? A fly arrested for breaching an intelligence office?

I know it's possible in today's world, but if we're now reaching that stage where animals are being used to aid our our senseless, primitive wars too, I would like to step off this planet and ask God what did I choose to reincarnate into this A hole again.

Seriously, who the hell we think we people are? We should leave nature alone, we've done so much more than enough already.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Unbeknownst to those Turkey's, the bird was trained to detach the cameras and microphones in the unlikely event of capture.

I would not put it past any country to have tried this. It makes sense and is most certainly more affordable than drones or real humans.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Front page of the Sun tomorrow:

"TURKEY INVADES ISRAEL"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Hey! It happens!

The avian discovery was made in Kereinek, a town in the Darfur region of western Sudan, Israeli media have reported.

Sudanese officials are said to have concluded that the bird was a secret agent after discovering it was fitted with GPS and solar-powered equipment capable of broadcasting images via satellite, according to Haaretz newspaper, which cited an Egyptian website, El Balad.

The vulture also had a tag attached to its leg with "Israel Nature Service" and "Hebrew University, Jerusalem", leading to accusations that it was on an Israeli surveillance mission.

'Vulture spying for Israel' caught in Sudan

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ahh yes, lets make fun of the "ignorant" "paranoia" of these "backwards" people

just because they're paranoid doesn't mean the birds aren't spying on them
or the roaches

don't take any bug bombs y'hear?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Nobody said it doesn't or cannot happen, but the fact that they actually captured a bird and examined her carefully while holding the bird in "custody", quite means that we're reaching new levels of... how to call it... Stupidity? paranoia? Not because of the thought that it may or may not happen, but because it didn't happen and yet the foolish, full of conflicts human mind is getting us into more delusions and fear, regardless of the reality and because technology is reaching new peaks which are starting to go beyond human rationalism.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for the new paranoia levels to come imo, TPTB will know how to make great use inducting more fear into the people's minds with "new dangers", at least among the armies.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think this is hilarious.

Quick capture that bird!

It's a spy!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Years ago they had a guy in San Diego calif that would take truck loads of about 200 Pigeons across the border into Mexico about 4 days a week.

The border patrol and customs people at first thought he was raising them and taking them to Mexico to sell for food. Then a Pigeon was found with a backpack carrying about a ounce of coc aine

200 birds + 4 = 800 ounces of coc aine a week flying over the border.
at $1,417.50 to $2,268,per ounce the guy was making big money.

Don't try to take homing Pigeons to Mexico.

new topics

top topics

join