It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students sign petition to legalize abortion after childbirth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
Yes, I got it backward. Thank you, Mr. Personality. The text I quoted wasn't to expound on anyones intelligence other than that people actually signed this petition as well.

No problem, friend.

And sorry... but I find the stupidity in the process of declaring others to be stupid sheep to be almost too (literally) painful to bear. And I disagree-- the entire point of the text you quoted was the same as that of the experiment-- to inform that, or prove how stupid and sheep-like people are.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by SaturnFX

But to be a person, you need memories and experiences. without that, your just some tissue with purpose.

i disagree with this. what of those with amnesia? it is well known that children learn in the womb, and remember their mother's voice.

even if we ignore all that, you would still be arguing that it is ok to kill something so long as it's potential hasn't been realized yet. it's rather a circular argument, preventing something from becoming a person so that it can be killed because it isn't a person...yet.

Amnesia still has memories, feelings, etc...feeling scared, confused, etc..that's still feelings, thoughts, etc.
But now a question comes in of someone brain dead and on machines...that is closer to what we are discussing here..potential of life, but at the moment, not really alive..not a person.

They do also as you suggest..but in late 2nd and 3rd trimester when there is a functioning brain (and I am opposed to such abortions unless the mother is literally in physical danger of her life without any alternative).

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Are you talking about a newborn, being potential, or a first trimester fetus?

Because my memories go back to under 1 month, and all throughout my baby hood, and babies feel like you would if you closed your eyes and meditated. They are just like you and me, just need sleep more, so they're groggy, and need to be cuddled and feel safe, very important. They see, think, feel, and love being snuggled by their mother, delight in their mother. I remembered where everything was, the property, the lawn, when it was freshly mowed and prickly under the pink blanket my father put me on, and I thought I was in danger and cried and cried for him to pick me up. But he flashed a light, the camera. The picture was developed when I was 6 weeks old when I found it and discussed it with my mother. She said it was actually taken under a month, they took a while to get that batch developed.

So I hope you're not assuming something really odd about babies. They're not lesser consciousness or people.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
In fact, they are learning at a faster rate than at any other stage in their lives, super genius rate, so they're sleepy little geniuses.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Are you talking about a newborn, being potential, or a first trimester fetus?

Because my memories go back to under 1 month, and all throughout my baby hood, and babies feel like you would if you closed your eyes and meditated. They are just like you and me, just need sleep more, so they're groggy, and need to be cuddled and feel safe, very important. They see, think, feel, and love being snuggled by their mother, delight in their mother. I remembered where everything was, the property, the lawn, when it was freshly mowed and prickly under the pink blanket my father put me on, and I thought I was in danger and cried and cried for him to pick me up. But he flashed a light, the camera. The picture was developed when I was 6 weeks old when I found it and discussed it with my mother. She said it was actually taken under a month, they took a while to get that batch developed.

So I hope you're not assuming something really odd about babies. They're not lesser consciousness or people.
edit on 28-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

heh...no, was discussing 1st trimester fetus's...the basic ingredients but no brain function bit...newborns are people...doesn't matter if they are really dumb people, they are people. same with 3rd trimester (and late 2nd). basically, if there are brainwaves, then there is life...and that happens in around the 2nd trimester (fetus). before that, it is a growth with potential, after that, it is a person...before its removal of a growth, after, its murder...pretty simple principled view I have on this subject actually, and pleading, emotions, or anything else holds no part in it.

If you kill a mind, you kill a person.
no, nothing weird about infants...outside of they smell funny, yet their adorable factor makes up for that 10 fold.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Stormdancer777

WELL in my opinion all those that signed the petition should be sterilized
so they can not have the option of killing babies

there are couples trying all sorts to have a family

going through the horrors of losing there unborn babies

really? forced sterilization or forced birth
couples trying all sorts?...what "all sorts" are they trying?
going through the horrors of losing their unborn babies...didn't god preform those abortions?NO YOU IGNORANT SOS AND SO

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I agree with the first trimester, in that sense. But not forced abortions. However, if the child naturally aborts the normal way, then its up to the woman if she wants to have that potential develop into human consciousness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join