It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To this day, Coca-Cola still imports coca leaves which are used to manufacture cocaine in the United

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
While it is pretty much general knowledge that Coca Cola put coc aine in their beverage at the beginning, it is little known that Coca Cola is the only U.S. corporation who can legally import coca leaves into the U.S. to this day.

Coca-Cola is the only U.S. corporation that has been granted the right to legally import coca leaves into the United States, via a coca processing lab known as the Stepan Company). In 1922, the Jones-Miller Act banned coc aine imports into the United States, but Coca-Cola (and its lab) was granted an exception. This exception remained a secret until the late 1980's when the New York Times seemed shocked to discover the truth.

You may be wondering how much they actually import, especially since we have a war on drugs.

Approximately 100 metric tons of coca leaves are imported to the Stepan Company each year (en.wikipedia.org...) under "special permission" from the DEA. Keep all this in mind when you consider the total fraud of the current "War on Drugs" and how young African American men are given ten-year prison sentences for pot possession while one of the largest corporations in America is actually importing leaves that are used to manufacture coc aine.

So what do they do with all of these coca leaves since we know coc aine doesn't go into the product anymore? Glad you asked.

This brings up an obvious question: Where does all the white powder coc aine go if not to Coca-Cola? It turns out that this coc aine is sold to a St. Louis company called Mallinckrodt Incorporated. Mallinckrodt receives not only all the coc aine from the Coca-Cola imports, but also imports opium from India (en.wikipedia.org...). In addition, this company also buys THC extracted from marijuana grown in the United States. So much for the War on Drugs, huh? It turns out if you buddy up to the DEA and federal regulators, you can make all the coc aine you want while buying opium and marijuana by the ton -- as long as you're a powerful corporation with ties to Coca-Cola and other wealthy organizations.

You can read the full article here.

The war on drugs is obviously a sick joke, and it needs to be ended. Corporations are running this country and getting filthy rich in the process from the so called "war". 100 tons of coca leaves make 333 kilos of coc aine, which is A LOT of money.

P.S. According to Wiki Answers, 333,000 grams of coc aine is worth roughly $16.7 million on the street (at $50 a gram).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

The question is. . .. . What does Mallinckrodt do with the coc aine after it receives it?

Very interesting article. Although it mentions the cocoa leaves, it says nothing about kerosene which is required to make the coc aine. Whoever is buying the cocoa leaves also has stock in kerosene.

Also to note. . . Wiki Answers is incorrect on their figure.

The local news had an article the other day about coc aine busts and said the current street value was $90-$100/gram.

So Double your figure to $32 Million.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

thanks for the update. yes there are a lot of questions people should be asking after discovering this information.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You too can order coca leaves over the internet and make some awesome tea!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
You too can order coca leaves over the internet and make some awesome tea!

i'd rather not start a derailing of this thread please. thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Greetings.

And no, coca cola don't import coca leaves, they buy an extract from a coca importer.

The extract contains no coc aine. Don't believe me? Get a bottle of coke tested in a lab. Easy.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

nobody said they use it IN coca cola. read the article.
edit on 26-7-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: adding

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Fair enough.

They still don't import it though, do they?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think it was around 1885 when coca cola was created.

The coc aine was mixed in with the syrup and made a key ingredient to protect the trademark. If I remember correctly. I think it was arounbd 1929 when they stopped adding it to the formula.

ETA:

O.K. I just looked it up. It was 1886 when coke was created. Interestingly enough it was created for medicinal purposes.

This is even more interesting

The Coca-Cola we know today still contains coca -- but the ecgonine alkaloid is removed from it. Perfecting that extraction took until 1929, so before that there were still trace amounts of coca's psychoactive elements in Coca-Cola. As Dominic Streatfield describes in Cocaine: An Unauthorized Biography, the extraction is now done at a New Jersey chemical processing facility by a company called Stepan. In 2003, Stepan imported 175,000 kilograms of coca for Coca-Cola. That's enough to make more than $200 million worth of coc aine. They refer to the coca leaf extract simply as "Merchandise No. 5."

Some Coca Cola History
edit on 26-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
I think it was around 1885 when coca cola was created.

The coc aine was mixed in with the syrup and made a key ingredient to protect the trademark. If I remember correctly. I think it was arounbd 1929 when they stopped adding it to the formula.

yes but........................

Coca-Cola is the only U.S. corporation that has been granted the right to legally import coca leaves into the United States, via a coca processing lab known as the Stepan Company). In 1922, the Jones-Miller Act banned coc aine imports into the United States, but Coca-Cola (and its lab) was granted an exception. This exception remained a secret until the late 1980's when the New York Times seemed shocked to discover the truth.

it seems like they have a monopoly on coc aine imports in the US. Or do I misunderstand this?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can't get the link to work for some reason but if you search for natural news coc aine and coca cola you'll find the article.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

The question is. . .. . What does Mallinckrodt do with the coc aine after it receives it?

They're a pharmaceutical company, so my guess is they probably use it to make "eye drops." Cocaine is still used, although rarely, as an ophthalmic anesthetic and as an agent to dilate pupils.
edit on 26-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

even if that's all it is, they still have a monopoly on the product, which they got in bed with the government to get.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I came across this article and thought it was kind of interesting. If I read this correctly it seems coco extract is still used in coco cola, minus the "kick" which is removed, so my question would be is the "kick" that's removed sold to the company in your OP ?

www.theatlantic.com... aine-out-of-soda/272694/

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

According to the article snipet I added, in 2003 they imported 175,000 kilos of it.
And yes, I would say that they have a legal corner on that market.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I tried to post this earlier this year but it was removed. needless to say, when I first read this and checked up on it, it blew my mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No monopoly.

Here's the register of US companies that import substances like coca:

www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov...

edit on 26-7-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just had a Conspiracy Brain Storm. .. .. .. .. ..

Think Oliver North.

Iran Contra - Drugs for Guns.

I wonder if Ollie was getting supplied by Coca-Cola to trade for guns.

Not Bloody Likely ..

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It looks like we both saw the same article, I'm still unclear what happens to the "kick" once it's removed from the coco leaves? Is it a leap to say the coco cola Co. perhaps "legally" prepares / processes the leaves in the process of making their product? I hope I'm saying that correctly, is the end result of making coca cola a by product of coc aine?
edit on 26-7-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Actually. ..

The leaves are thrown into vats and kerosene is dumped in. Then you mash the leaves in the kerosene. Then you drain the leaves and take the kerosene and process that and Viola. . Cocaine.

But what was used in Coke was an extract that was added to the syrup.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join