It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just to Introduce Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Dear All,

I have just created an account on ATS and i would like to introduce myself and be able to reach the 20 posts that are necessary to create threads. I have various interests and have been reading ATS articles from time to time for 4 years now. ATS is undoubtedly the biggest alternative forum in the world, so ...... you get my drift

I am mainly interested in current political and economic events as well as metaphysics and philosophy. I would only say that i am from Eastern Europe and have spent about 1 year in the States. I am young, in my 20's and am Western educated. What else can i say...? If anyone is interested, please ask and i shall answer if the type of information permits me.

Thank you in advance for participating in this thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Welcome to the completely mad crazy bonkers asylum

Got any chocolate cookies?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thanks man, for replying that quick. By the way, i really am eating cookies right now. And yes, this place can be said to be crazy to some degree, in some respects.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BrotherOfSorrow

Welcome to ATS. I hope that you enjoy your time here and look forward to your contibutions.
Keep posting!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hey there BrotherOfSorrow and welcome to not just ATS, but also the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the rest of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only.

Once you have achieved 20 posts though, you'll then be able to start your own threads in other forums around ATS and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Here's some handy links..

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

I need help with uploading pictures/an avatar

Frequently Asked Questions..

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

RA,
Forum Moderator.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thank you, you are kind. So, i keep posting and truly hope that i will be able to contribute constructively.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Hello Moderator,

Thank you for the links and welcoming. I will take a look at those.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No problem and if ever you have any questions, feel free to ask.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I will, definitely. I have one question, how can i put a picture on the background of my profile to the left, that is displayed with every post?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

To upload an image to ATS, firstly click on Tools (or follow that link) found at the very top of this page and then click on "ATS Uploads".

You'll then be taken to your personal uploads page where you can host all of your images you'd like to post to the boards. To actually upload an image in the first place, look towards the upper left hand corner of your upload’s page where you'll find this option:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/rs4fb8ff2a.jpg[/atsimg]

You then select an image, one which is saved on your computer already, and It will be uploaded to your page. Once the upload has completed, you then need to re-click on the image you just uploaded where you'll then be taken to a page which will look something like this, but with your own personal uploaded image of course:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ij4fb90167.jpg[/atsimg]

As highlighted in the above image, if you want to post the image onto ATS, you simply need to copy and paste the highlighted code into your post. It will then show up. This is all also explained here in the latest thread on the matter: New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility (UPDATED: and more info)

If, on the other hand, you want to add the image you just uploaded as an avatar, you need to select this option instead (or indeed select profile background if you so wish):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/do4fb9030d.jpg[/atsimg]

With doing so, you'll then be taken back to your tools page where you'll see something which looks like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/jc4fb904e6.jpg[/atsimg]

To submit your new avatar, you simply click on submit. If it's the correct size it will work and look great. Current sizes are as follows:

Maximum pixel dimensions: 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.

Maximum file size: Remains 75k
New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

If It's not the same size then no biggie, we'll help. See how it looks anyway.

Many fellow ATS member's are more than willing to create you an avatar from scratch as well. The thread where they all hang out can be found here: BTS : Avatar Creations
edit on 26-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Here are links to some threads about avatars:

ATS Free avatars

Help! I need an avatar

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thank you, that is very thorough.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nice!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Or as I and many others refer to it, the Jungle or Madhouse.

Thanks to its members, ATS often has breaking news two-three days before the MSM breaks it. It’s a great site with many great members.

When you have the time, read the T&C’s if you haven’t already (They can be dry). The Admin and Mods try to keep things civil here. But those rules do help keep the discussion going, rather than many sites that devolve into cussing matches.

Have fun!
And I always look forward to others points of view...even if I disagree with them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks, i have read those i believe and of course, I will adhere to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

top topics

join