It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
en.rian.ru...

“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.

“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.

Interesting considering this,
Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union
en.wikipedia.org...

eadiocese.org...

Yet our spiritual unity, preserved by the gracious power of God and the common moral ideal preached and guarded by the Russian Orthodox Church, has existed and still exists immutably.

Recently Putin called on the international community to respond to the increase of persecution of Christians in the middle east and North Africa.

The last thing I would have expected from Putin or Russia.

Are we changing roles?
As Americans lose their faith and certain people do their best to suppress the Christian faith and expression of it in America?

Or is it just a power ploy by Putin?

and how would this play out in Biblical prophecy?
edit on 073131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Putin? Its a power ploy.

It would not be hard to imagine this public declaration is part of the Putin Governments Anti-Homosexual stance.

Side note: I thought Russians referred to their country as the "Motherland"? Or has Hollywood planted false knowledge in my mind once again

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don't understand how Jesus's teachings would make any country powerful. If you ignore his words and look in the old testament at all the killing and violence I suppose you can get those ideas. Nothing in the new testament says anything about building an empire or even a church building. I don't get how people can get Christianity so wrong. It is supposed to be a peaceful friendly religion. The Old Testament was added on to show what corrupt things were happening and to justify the new religion formed. It also showed the genetic lines and explained some of the things he was talking about. It was never supposed to be used to teach people to kill anyone who disagreed with Jesus.....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Putins Christianity is just a puppet to a one world religion
Look what communism did to the USSR

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I had no idea Christian values were a good fit with communism and oppression.

Regardless, I'm glad Putin is taking up this cause. If he comes out and denounces the religious fanatics responsible for persecuting Christians in the ME and Africa then I'll be amazed. Does this mean he might finally stop blocking UN resolutions?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It is supposed to be a peaceful friendly religion.

The crusades were certainly not peaceful, nor friendly.

Additionally, religious institutions have not only built their own empires, but also have been used as a justifications to grow them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Additionally, religious institutions have not only built their own empires, but also have been used as a justifications to grow them.

Religion strayed from the teachings of Jesus long ago. I see nothing Jesus says in the bible that can justify any empire building that happened in this religion. People who desired power seized the religion for their own and twisted the words to fit their needs. The only ones allowed to have bibles up until about five hundred years ago were the priests and trusted individuals.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Rulers were looking to further cement their own authority and found the answer in claiming divine authority and unfortunately it seems that certain priests were all to eager to grant such a title in return for position and power.

Religion was a powerful tool to control the masses. This was occurring well before Christianity as well.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

he rights of religious minorities, including Christians, are being infringed all over the planet and humanity must take measures to stop such instances, Vladimir Putin said at the meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow.

“In many of the World’s regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa inter-confessional tensions are mounting and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians,” the Russian President noted, adding that such conflicts could lead to the most serious consequences.

Putin called for immediate measures to prevent such situations.

He added that Russia has tremendous experience in reaching and maintaining inter-confessional peace and accord, and is ready to share it.

The head of the Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill said at the same meeting that the attempts to push Christians out of Syria would lead to a “civilization catastrophe”. The patriarch noted that Syria was the birthplace of Christianity and the fact that believers get killed and purged in the course of the military conflict was a tragedy for Orthodox Churches, international culture and for everyday people.

Head of the Russian church believes loss of Christianity in Syria would lead to civilization catastrophe?

What is the truth?

However it look like congress has stepped in while Obama remains silent on the problem.
www.catholic.org...

Congress is taking measures to protect American security where Obama won't. Congressional committees are delaying the delivery of arms to the Syrian rebels amid concerns they could end up in the hands of Jihadists and militant Islamists, and be subsequently used against Christians, Jews, and other allies.

The article states Christians were relatively unmolested by the Assad regime. The same thing happened in Egypt after the Arab spring, persecution of Christian escalated after the overthrow of Mubarak

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hello folks read your replies, thank you for posting, still working on the topic,

Christian Tragedy in the Muslim World
frontpagemag.com... -muslim-world

Few people realize that we are today living through the largest persecution of Christians in history, worse even than the famous attacks under ancient Roman emperors like Diocletian and Nero. Estimates of the numbers of Christians under assault range from 100-200 million. According to one estimate, a Christian is martyred every five minutes.

The extent of this disaster, its origins, and the reasons why it has been met with a shrug by most of the Western media are the topics of Raymond Ibrahim’s Crucified Again. Ibrahim is a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center and an associate fellow of the Middle East Forum. Fluent in Arabic, he has been tracking what he calls “one of the most dramatic stories” of our time in the reports and witnesses that appear in Arabic newspapers, news shows, and websites, but that rarely get translated into English or picked up by the Western press. What he documents in this meticulously researched and clearly argued book is a human rights disaster of monumental proportions.

Why is the press silent, oh never mind I know the answer to that one.

Whatever your view of Christianity and its past transgressions, and I know a lot of people hate Christians today, don't these Christians deserve to be treated fairly.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Religion strayed from the teachings of Jesus long ago. I see nothing Jesus says in the bible that can justify any empire building that happened in this religion. People who desired power seized the religion for their own and twisted the words to fit their needs. The only ones allowed to have bibles up until about five hundred years ago were the priests and trusted individuals.

Ricky I don't disagree with your post, but all religions are manipulated by empires.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department - See more at: cnsnews.com...

This is an older article.

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government and more than 1,700 U.S. military personnel have died serving in that country.

The last public Christian church in Afghanistan was razed in March 2010, according to the State Department's latest International Religious Freedom Report. The report, which was released last month and covers the period of July 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010, also states that “there were no Christian schools in the country.”

“There is no longer a public Christian church; the courts have not upheld the church's claim to its 99-year lease, and the landowner destroyed the building in March [2010],” reads the State Department report on religious freedom. “[Private] chapels and churches for the international community of various faiths are located on several military bases, PRTs [Provincial Reconstruction Teams], and at the Italian embassy. Some citizens who converted to Christianity as refugees have returned.”
- See more at: cnsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I had no idea Christian values were a good fit with communism and oppression.

Regardless, I'm glad Putin is taking up this cause. If he comes out and denounces the religious fanatics responsible for persecuting Christians in the ME and Africa then I'll be amazed. Does this mean he might finally stop blocking UN resolutions?

I understand,

Interesting though that Christians have always fought and persecuted each other as well.
edit on 083131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
In biblical prophecy some believe Russia would play a powerful but negative role in end time prophecy.

to push Christians out of Syria would lead to a “civilization catastrophe”

what do they mean?

Any opinions out there?

and why is Russia so protective of Syria the seat of ancient Christianity.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 083131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The crusades are brought up all the time....although it was a huge push on religion I don't believe this is what Christ wanted...people to be killed over religious beliefs...We have a system of laws that are exploited by police officers but like many laws and our constitution it's the people that give it a bad name....for some reason people can't get past that and look to the religion as the cause when in actuality it's the people themselves....anymore than a gun isn't the main issue with gun violence...it's the people who use them that's the problem

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The article states Christians were relatively unmolested by the Assad regime. The same thing happened in Egypt after the Arab spring, persecution of Christian escalated after the overthrow of Mubarak

Go read the Sharia laws. Under Sharia Christians have no rights, and even if you're not muslim Sharia will be forced on you. Under Sharia a nonmuslim cannot testify in court against a muslim, so if and when a crime is committed against that nonmuslim, there is no justice. It's basically legalized evil. If a nonmuslim woman is raped there won't be any justice, and the odds of that run extremely high as the statistics for rape against women dressed Sharia compliant in burka, hijab and bulky robe are high as is and a muslim woman herself needs the testimony of 4 men to bring charge against a man.

That british soldier who had his head hacked off in the streets of London last month? That ain't an isolated incident, that kinda crap happens everyday, especially in places like Nigeria and Sudan where stage 3 Jihad has commenced.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On a formal occasion like that, a politician says what suits his audience ( an assembly of church people), so I would be inclined to discount it for that reason.
If he had made those comments on a secular occasion, I would have thought that he was feeling insecure and looking for poiitical allies- in the same way that Stalin's propaganda went all patriotic and "traditional Russia" when Hitler invaded.

The positive point of his argument would be that Christianity was the foundation of a stable society in the early days of Russia.
That is what they were meeting to celebrate (though the 1025'th anniversary is a slightly arbitrary one to choose).

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
en.rian.ru...

“The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland, made it an inseparable part of the Christian civilization and helped it turn into one of the largest world powers,” Putin said in a message addressed to participants of a commemorative celebration on Red Square, the Kremlin reported.

“It is Orthodoxy that gave Russia a powerful impetus for the development and rise of culture and education,” the message says.

Interesting considering this,
Persecution of Christians in the Soviet Union
en.wikipedia.org...

eadiocese.org...

Yet our spiritual unity, preserved by the gracious power of God and the common moral ideal preached and guarded by the Russian Orthodox Church, has existed and still exists immutably.

Recently Putin called on the international community to respond to the increase of persecution of Christians in the middle east and North Africa.

The last thing I would have expected from Putin or Russia.

Are we changing roles?
As Americans lose their faith and certain people do their best to suppress the Christian faith and expression of it in America?

Or is it just a power ploy by Putin?

and how would this play out in Biblical prophecy?
edit on 073131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever gotten the feeling that news moves in cycles? That nothing ever happens, and then suddenly everything is happening all at once? What people are seeing play out right now in the news cycles of the past couple weeks is a motif, if you will, a poetic pattern repeating with more intensity as time goes on. 'News' is merely the delivery system of what people perceive to be 'reality' but are really just rituals to signal the "story"/ the reality that the occult create for the masses. It is occuring now because it is 5 months out from Dec. 21st ish (no the 2012 ritual isn't over yet) (mid Nov. 2013 thru Dec. 16th ish is analogous to 1260 days, 1290 days).

If you look at Daniel 7, there are 4 beasts that rise out of the sea: the lion w/ eagle wings, then the bear, then the leopard with 4 heads, then the 4th beast. These 4 span 70 years that they scatter 'Israel' (Zech 1's 4 horns are Dan 7's 4 kings). These 4 empires are UK/ US, then Russia, then the EU 4, then the 4th beast with 10 horns. This 4th beast then rules all 4 because it is the Revelation 7 headed dragon (1 head for the UK/ US empire, then 1 for Russia, the EU leopard has 4, the 4th beast has 1 (1+1+4+1 = 7 heads).

So just as the UK/ US empire created the nation of Israel, each empire will have to have some special sort of relation to 'Israel' or the church/ spiritual Israel. Russia will be some sort of patron for the Catholic church or Orthodox church.

If we take mid April 2014 as the beginning of the 7 yr Tribulation, the beginning will be like the end. Gog war to start, Gog war to end. Trumpet 5 is 5 months long, and Trumpet 6 is 1 yr, 1month, 1 day, 1 hr long and Armageddon is Trumpet 6. These are just repeated patterns throughout the trib. So the next empire to rule is Russia. Comet ISON will signal the beginning of the end for the US. The Nov/ Dec 2013 timeframe is 5 months before 4-15-14, and mid July 2013 is a "pre- echo" of things to come in Dec.

For the US, April 15, 2014 will be a very destructive timeframe, forming the beginning of its Trumpet 5 pattern (Trumpet 5 is a sort of "millenium" where Satan is bound - but there are multiple Satans, so where one Satan is bound for the 'millenium/ holy time 2 Peter 3:8, there is another one in a different phase of development.) Then 150 days later, Sept 11, 2014 Satan is released (Obama restarts the govt (9-11-14 being the exact end of the 69th week from 5-19-13, which is the mid-point between the Norway Spiral event and Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize (ritual to make him a false Christ) 12-9-9 and 11-2-16, the next election day. 9-11-14 also being the 13th Sept 11th signifying 'rebellion and depravity'. This kicks off the Trumpet 6 1 yr, 1 month, 1 day sequence leading into Sept 11/ Oct 11 2015 which will kick off Israel's Jubilee year.

For Russia, it will come under the sway of Mystery Babylon, the 3rd beast, the EU 4 after its war in April 2014.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I put little to no faith in world leaders.

A Wind in the House of Islam

With this in mind, are Islamic leaders worried?

The House of Islam, Dar al-Islam in Arabic, is the name Muslims give to an invisible religious empire that stretches from West Africa to the Indonesian archipelago encompassing 49 nations and 1.6 billion Muslims. Dwarfing the size of any previous earthly kingdom, Islam directs the spiritual affairs of nearly a quarter of the world’s population. But something is happening today that is challenging the hold that Islam exercises over its adherents.
www.missionfrontiers.org...
Today, in more than 60 separate locations in at least 17 of the 49 countries where Islam holds sway, new communities of Muslim-background followers of Christ are emerging. Each of these movements has seen at least 1,000 baptized believers and at least 100 new worshipping fellowships, all of whom have come to Christ over the past two decades. In some countries the communities have grown to number tens of thousands of new Muslim-background followers of Christ

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes.
I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My Statutes, Without Me ye can do nothing"

He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.

As man tries to manipulate and control world events, I see a shift in the unseen kingdom, forces beyond mans control are moving, all kingdoms surrounding Israel are in upheaval.

Maybe the war wagged in the heavenly kingdom subtly affects the earthy ones, and unless you are attuned you would barely notice.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

There are many, many more examples of violence in the name of religion that I could name, the crusades just being the most commonly known.

I would agree that Religion has been twisted by those seeking power. And i think the OP has highlight another possible attempt at the utilization of religion for reasons of non-religious affiliation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join