It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Window films really work well.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hello all, I live in the south and the heat from the afternoon sun comes in our front window. It gets so hot you have to abandon the room. I purchased some peel& cling window film from Gila Brands and the stuff really works! I mean works real well. Pretty simple to install and saves electric costs. So if you live with a sun problem heating up a room or damaging your furniture due to fading...this stuff works. Stops 97% of UV rays and 67% of the heat Windows have a mirror look during the day. But at night you still need to draw the curtains. Works well and I highly recommend it. Cost's is around $40 per window. Worth the investment. CAn be taken down rolled onto a cardboard tube and reused next year. Hope this helps somebody. All have a great day. And just for the record. We as white & black people are not defined by Trayvon Or George we need to let it go, just let it go.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I had a house (its a rental property now) that the den, where we all hung out, would be horribly unbearable in the afternoons and evenings during the summer. We put up black out curtains, and it helped.

Wish I woulda had this then. I may look at putting it in the house still. Throw the tenants a bone.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

They probally wouldnt be late with the rent that month!! LOL. It's worth the money, make sure it's the "Peel & Cling" type the other will make you nasty mouthed by the time you ruin it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

They probally wouldnt be late with the rent that month!! LOL. It's worth the money, make sure it's the "Peel & Cling" type the other will make you nasty mouthed by the time you ruin it.

Well, i like the way you think.

Before I moved into that house, we had insulated it for a prior tenant. So we have put some money into it. This seems like a real bargain, in contrast, and will truly have an effect.

I like the way you think: lighten their utility financial load, and see if it improves timeliness of payment.
The current tenant will likely be there a long time (I've known them a long time....good folks).

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You got something most property owners dont have. A good tenant. This Gila Peel & Cling is really a thick material. Dont confuse it with the Regular window film. That stuff is extremely thin and will make you waste your money as you crumple it up and write it off as a bad idea and a waste of money. Been there, done that. I have a rental property and I use the incentive approach to getting the rent payment in a timely manner each month.

I include in the lease agreement that the rent is XXX amount if paid by the 10th of each month. It's a $100 less if paid before the tenth. I have had one payment of the full amount in two years. And I too have a great tenant. Before I started doing the lease this way, it was a constant every month battle to get the rent payment, seems everything else is paid before the rent. I also give them the month of Dec as a gift for that Pagan Holiday all seem to like so much.

Give that film a try and let me know what you think. Take care have a great weekend. OYM1262

top topics

join