It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Aurora Borealis Display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
On November 7th at about 1am there was an aurora borealis(solar storm, aka northern lights) visible from NY state. There were lines of light on the horizon and pulses of light that stretched across 70% of the sky. The pulses were moving very fast and looked like a long flag in the wind. The pulses were white but the lines off the horizon had a slight color to them. After starring at the pulsing lights for 2 hours i felt a bit of a hypnotic effect. Two days later i started thinking about how weird it was that the lights were pulsing. Does the earth have a magnetic pulse? Or is it just the Sun? Maybee the HAARP is creating super strong magnetic waves that caused this?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
interesting phenonimon was it on any news or radio?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Look at it like this.

A moving magnetic field may not have a pulse to it. (The Piece of the sun that was ejected as a CME)
The Earths magnetic field may not have a pulse either..

But like a steady wind on earth, blowing across a field of wheat, there is a pulsing movement , like waves, in the wheat field. Neither the wind or the wheat has it's own pulse. But you do see the plants flexing, as they bend over, then straighten out. That Rythm is the RESONANCE of the wheat, with that particular speed of wind.

Same with the Aurora.. The moving magnetic field interacts with the Earths, creating waves in the field, The fields wobble and flex, like the wheat stalks.
The speed of the pulsing is related to the speed, and strength of the interacting fields.

Make any sense?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I saw them to a couple of nights ago in Northern Ohio!

I thought that was strange they they were pulsing like that. But then again, I've never seen them before so it was all new to me!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I see them all the time where I live, sounds normal to me. This is how they look here.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can assure you that the waviness that you saw was 1,780% perfectly normal. By the way, seeing them in such a good show was amazing. Those on Sunday night we probably the best I've ever, and will ever, see.

Oh, and by the way...
Wask, nice pictures!

For more aurora pictures go here: www.spaceweather.com...
Those are just of November this year, so far. They have pictures from previous months and years as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Keep an eye on this thread for Aurora alerts, they have been heavy this past week.
Aurora Alert Follows-

It's awesome, watching the lights!

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have followed this story fairly closely, and I think that the orginal question in this thread has been answered fairly well. But I would just like to add what I know, in as simple terms as possible. The wild lights that were seen were indeed caused by a rather large coronal mass ejection. It would be considered merely a normal occurence, but for the fact that the CME was quite stronger than any that have hit Earth in recent years. That is the reason, and the only reason, why the show of lights was so spectacular and widespread. (I live in Kansas, and even I saw parts of the sky that were extremely red) In fact the most unusual part of this whole event is that the sun was in an extremely quiet cycle, and out of nowhere fired out this large CME. That is what has "sun-watchers" confused the most.

E_T

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I can assure you that the waviness that you saw was 1,780% perfectly normal.
Yep, waves and ripples are normal.
I onse saw waves/ripples which rose from horizon to zenith under half second.

Some time-lapse movies:
www.polarimage.fi...

Lot of good Auroras:
www.polarimage.fi...

Costello index shows well this activity in last days.
sec.noaa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join