It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The terrors of sleep paralysis" (entertaining and educational video within!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
As your friendly neighborhood sleepy buddha, I'd be lax in my responsibilities not to present this great video about sleep paralysis.

It does a thorough breakdown on what is happening physiologically during the phenomenon. But the real treasure of the video (in my opinion) is the introduction to the myths it has inspired globally. However, knowing what physical responses to expect are the best way to overcome any superstitions.

The art is neat, the video is entertaining and educational. Hopefully this can reach the last few out there who have not experienced or encountered this sleep disturbance.

While it may appear trite to bring up this subject again, which is an ATS standard, I found this to be one of the best lessons on the subject I have ever come across. As someone who has experienced sleep paralysis for many years and who had been looking, but not finding any answers, it is my hope that this information can save someone else a lot of grief.

Know of any other videos, either educational or entertaining concerned with this topic? I'm also interested in the arts inspired by this topic: music, animations, films etc. (if you happen to know any, thanks.)

edit on 26-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Inconsistent sleeping patterns and interruptions to the Circadian rhythm can lead to excessive bouts of sleep paralysis. The best thing to do is think of turning into the Incredible Hulk and sit up or rollover immediately.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
Inconsistent sleeping patterns and interruptions to the Circadian rhythm can lead to excessive bouts of sleep paralysis. The best thing to do is think of turning into the Incredible Hulk and sit up or rollover immediately.

The best thing to do is completely relax and let all your fear go.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thank you for this. Well done.
You surprise me.
Here I was thinking with our last encounter you were a proponent for believing actual Aliens were happening.

S+F for you for presentation of a wonderful, fun and educational video for those unfamiliar with this phenomenon.

Something of note some readers may find interesting that a number of SP occurrences are preceded by a buzzing sound or sensation.
Space Alien encounter/Abduction believers will often associate this with spooky alien technology or some such, but, the buzzing sound, or feeling is entirely attributable to the sleep paralysis phenomenon, and if experienced, then it's fairly certain as a consistent and typical symptom of the phenomenon that the Alien abduction one might think they just had was actually indeed, just sleep paralysis.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The best thing to do is completely relax and let all your fear go.

Thank you for the tip. If i can remember to relax next time rather than go Hulk i will. Wax on...Wax off...Daniel-san

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

many are disturbed and fearful of the occurence of sleep paralysis. this is because they have not studied and are not aware of the process that is happening to them. that their body is automatically entering higher and higher levels of meditation plateaus while they sleep. one of the requirements for higher than usual admittance is sleep paralysis. u dont want to be on a mission on the planet glaxia, climbing mountains of ice in search and rescue, walking and jumping around there and your physical body doing the same things here. the spirit must place the body in autonomy and disconnect as to allow the separation of actions in its world from this one.

that is all sleep paralysis is. it is not some demon sitting on your solar plexus, but the body made immobile, since the source of the force of will is more deeply vacated from the body. this source must return to the body and settle, returning the will of movement, much like the effects of anaesthetic wearing off.

if one accomplishes this state they may very well see entities in their room, even if accidentally, they open their spiritual eyes, dont know the difference between their spiritual eyes and regular eyes because of how lucid they are in the spirit awareness. and know nothing about it. the next logical thing for most to become panic stricken and fearful. seeking escape but not knowing how to manipulate the mechanics to do so.
edit on 26-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Here ya go my friend...

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I once woke up from a lucid dream into a night terror which ended up being awesome and not terrifying at all because it was almost a smooth transition from dream to being awake. I was in my bed in my old house at night looking at a shadow person in the doorway in my dream and then looking to the side of my window looking at the shadow person where a poster is. It was amazing as I was waking up I could tell the head and body were actually the main black parts of the poster. I then tried to see if I could get the image to go back to pure shadow shape and I did a bit but I don't know if that was from memory of dream or still in mid "lucid night terror". Anyone else have this happen to them?

new topics

top topics

join