It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Oppression, Demonic Possession, and Demonic Hauntings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I'm interested in finding out if anyone out there has ever been haunted by a demon and/or demonically oppressed or possessed? When was your first demonic experience, and what happened? Have you ever seen the demon? I'd love to hear how this happened, what you experienced, in detail, and how you went about resolving this issue, and ridding yourself of this demon.

Please, do not confuse demonic oppression with demonic possession. These are two different things.

I'd just love to hear your experiences, as I have had 100s of demonic experiences of my own, and am in a way, reaching out there to see if there is someone else out there who has gone, or is going through, the same things I have experienced.

I have too many experiences to begin sharing in a thread. I'd love to go through everyone's responses to see if there's a similarity in the demons, and circumstances of these experiences.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by czechosicilian

whats the difference between demonic oppresion and demonic possesion?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Do you mean schizophrenia/Mental heatlh issues?

I don't think demonic posession exists does it?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I mean absolutely nothing about mental health issues, though I do believe that some experiences are due to mental health issues, don't get me wrong. I literally mean experiences with demons. If you have encountered one, you will know exactly what I'm asking for.

About the difference between Oppression and Possession. Here is some information I've looked up to help me define the difference:

-Demonic Oppression-

hannahscupboard.com...

Symptoms

You asked about signs to indicate demonic oppression is at work. Here are some that come to mind immediately: depression, negativity, self-defeating thoughts, self-destructive thoughts, inability to concentrate, distractions (especially in trying to read God’s Word), feeling constantly overwhelmed, hopelessness, gloom, confusion. We all experience some of these things some of the time but when any of them predominates our life for sustained periods of time we can begin to suspect the work of a devil.

Another symptom is cycles of bad things such as one sickness after another, a constant stream of financial disasters, a propensity for accidents, always making the wrong decisions, always feeling under your circumstances—always feeling weighted down (to borrow from the dictionary definition). Again, we all have trials, sicknesses and accidents etc. but some people have little in their lives beside those things. Note: I don’t want to imply that any of the above is absolute proof of demonic oppression. Sometimes other causes are at work so let’s never rashly jump to conclusions especially in judging when someone else is oppressed.

This may seem too simplistic but a good way to tell if there is demonic oppression is when the person involved feels that's what’s wrong. Many times people intuitively know and sense the presence of evil outside themselves. Sometimes they suspect it because they know when and how it came in. With that we can next discuss “how” one becomes oppressed.

-Demonic Possession-

www.demon-slayer.org...

Symptoms

•Feeling like someone or something else is controlling you. You may feel controlled all the time or only some of the time.
•Feeling like someone or something is pressuring you to do certain acts.
•Feeling something touch you, scratch you, or otherwise attack you.
•Hearing one or multiple voices in your head that are negative, persuasive, or commanding you to do something. For example, hearing a voice persuade you that a certain friend should be avoided, or asking you to let them “in” to your life in some way.
•Deep personality changes. For example, someone stays at home all the time when they used to be very gregarious.
•Creepy feelings.
•An area of your house or your neighborhood which feels negative or oppressive.
•Any kind of phenomena. For example, scratching sounds, things falling off walls or shelves, religious or spiritual items being moved or changed.
•Feeling attacked when others do not see or experience anything. Sometimes this feeling of being attacked may come with physical pain that is medically inexplicable. Usually it will come with psychological pain of some sort – terror or anguish for example.
•An aversion to prayer or an inability to pray.
•Being unable to stand any contact with religious or spiritual items. For example, sudden strong aversion to going into a church or temple, aversion to being touched by a crucifix, and so on.

THESE SYMPTOMS WOULD DIRECTLY GO HAND IN HAND WITH A DEMONIC EXPERIENCE. They would not just appear out of the blue, with no explanation. You should clearly remember what demon/negative entity you encountered that caused these disturbances. The disturbances can be temporary, or they can be ongoing, lasting many months, to many years even!!

I hope this helps!!
edit on 26-7-2013 by czechosicilian because: Needed to add more information.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was 6 years old when I was at my cousin's house spending the night. It was just turning dusk, and my two cousins and I were outside.
I was getting ready to show them how to turn a cartwheel on their sidewalk. As I started to get in position with my hands over my head, I looked at the corner of her house and saw a light misty figure standing there. I about fell trying to get traction to run! I went through the front door as fast as I could, my cousins right behind me. They didn't know what was wrong, but I guess my scream and running told all they needed to know. LOL

When we were inside I told them there was a ghost at the corner of the house then we went through the house closing windows and locking them (like that would keep the ghost out, right?).
Then we went to the bedroom where my aunt was sewing on her machine. We told her there was a ghost, but she didn't pay us any attention. Basically, she told us to leave her alone so she could finish her project.

When we went back into the living room every window was opened all the way.... that freaked us out because no one else was there but us!!

From that day on the ghost was either at my cousin's house, or at my house; it took turns with us.
It would open my closet door in my bedroom, scratch from head to foot on my iron bed rails, and once it took hold of my ankles and pulled me down toward the foot of the bed. I felt hands around my ankles, but didn't see anything.

It only did things when I was alone, so trying to convince my other family members there was a ghost after me was a wasted effort. I had to go through my entire child hood being terrified with no one to give me support but my cousin. At least we could talk to each other about it.

It showed itself to me one day when I was home alone. I was probably 12 or 13 years old. It turned on the stereo to let me know it was with me. As I walked over to turn it off I looked toward the hallway, and there it stood peeping around the hallway corner at me. It was probably about 5'10'', and very black. It's hard to say exactly how tall it was because it appeared to be leaning over while peeping around the corner at me.

I just very calmly walked out of the house and waited for someone to come home before going back inside.

I don't know if this was a demon, or just an evil spirit. It loved to scare me, and the only way I could get rid of it was to call on my guardian angel to come and make it leave. And it did. I could always tell when my angel was present. A very soothing feeling would come over me, and I felt very safe.
But the evil one kept coming back until I was in my late teens, and I just had to keep calling on my angel.

The ghost I saw at my cousin's house was light gray, so it could have been a good spirit there to protect us from a bad spirit. But the one in my house was very black, and loved to scare me.

I had a lot of depression growing up. This could have been part of the reason for that. I really don't know.

S&F on your thread, OP. This should be very interesting reading.

edit on 7/26/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I've posted this experience in a couple of places already, but I will give you the experience here too.

A little over a year ago, I was sitting at the computer and my nose started to bleed. I got up, went to the bathroom, came back and got dizzy, so I sat on the couch and passed out. I came to in the dark withs something else in my conscious I had to push out.

Here is the entire story copied from other threads:

I was sitting here at the computer and I thought my nose was running so I wiped, and when I looked down, I realized it was blood.
I used to have a blood phobia of sorts, I never understood it, but when I would see my own blood, I would faint. I don't know why, part of my anxiety disorder I guess, anyways, that went away several years ago...

So I look down and see the blood, and grab something to stop myself from bleeding, go into the bathroom, look in the mirror, came back out and got light headed...like I was going to pass out. I went to the couch, sat down, could feel the blood drain from my head to my feet, got all cold and clammy, and passed out. I looked at the clock right as I was going under, it was 9:04 pm.

Next thing I know, I am on my knees on the floor repeating over and over "calm down"... But when I became conscious, it was like I was in a tunnel, and then my mind snapped back into "reality" so to speak, as I became aware I had just passed out and remembered what had happened, and opened my eyes and everything was dark.
Here is what really makes me wonder... As soon as I realized I was out and coming to, I started to hear this wicked ringing and banging in my head, Almost like jet engines and a high pitch ring. My vision started to come back and it was like spinning pentagrams in both eyes, I mean I SAW them shooting out into my vision and onto the floor, like my brain was trying to track where it was and each eye was in a tunnel of pentagrams or red star symbols, almost blood red, or brown. As I looked around on the floor saying calm down, the tunnels of vision started to move with me.

When I looked farther ahead on the floor, the tunnels would bend as my brain tried to figure out what I was looking at. It was like looking through two slinkies, only they were dark red and had points like a pentagram,very hard to explain. If I was on drugs I could see that happening, but I'm not, so I dunno wtf that was. Part of me thinks I died, and came back, and part of me thinks it was just "one of those things" and part of me goes WHOA....what was that?!!? It was like nothing I have experienced before.

My nose stopped bleeding after that, I think I just passed out, but the strange part was coming back to consciousness. I have been hit so hard in the head before that it knocked me into a dream, this almost felt like that. I know I was dreaming as I passed out, but what it was I don't remember, and coming to, well, as I described it, I have no idea what it was. I have visions sometimes of the other side, and strange beings, thid seemed to fit right into that, only like I was a strange being....weird huh? I have no clue what that was lol

Oh and when I came to, it was 9:06, and the weird vision thing went until 9:11.

It took me a while to figure out what happened, and the only thing I can come to the conclusion of was an attack from some kind of "demon" or something that wanted to take over my body.

I remember now what I was dreaming, which was I was a wolf like creature, only my skin was wrinklled and matted and I was running with other creatures that looked much the same, like a pack of deformed wolves, and they were telling me I was one of them. When I came to, I was pushing whatever it was out of my conscious, it was almost like a battle for my mind.

Damn strange, and it was my first attack. I have heard of it happening, but doubted it until I experienced it for myself.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There's something that's always been around my family (stemming from my mother's side of the family who practice "witchcraft" for dark and selfish purposes which probably brought it forth). I don't know if it's a demon or just a negative spirit but I have always had the very bad feeling that it was a demon, based on the things it would do. I'm not the only one to have experienced the thing and it isn't only family members that have experienced it, friends and acquaintances and guests of all kinds have experienced the thing. Its modus operandi seems to mostly be appearing as a shadow, whispering and mimicking the voices of loved ones and friends to call out to people, taking or breaking things, bringing terrible luck (I mean luck in the broadest sense), giving people nightmares and uneasy/creepy feelings, lightly touching, etc etc etc. The list of things it does or has done just goes on and on and on...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I would not tell my story here for just anyone to see, but I can tell you that yes, I have had these interferences in my life for going on 40 years. It all started when I was a teenager. Maybe I'll think about sending you a private message if you're interested.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I have suffered from mental illness most of my life. But even in my mental illness, I am still very aware of what is going on around me, I am not delusional, and have used discernment when it comes to disassociating mental illness from demonic oppression/possession. I've come to realize many people in manic phases, schizophrenics etc... can display symptoms similar to that of supposed "demonic possession" and the line can be blurred as to what's really the origin of the problem.
All this being said, I definitely believe Demons and evil spirits exist. As a matter of fact I know they do, as do many others who've encountered them. I go through periods of complete denial under such intense anxiety, pain, anguish and fear from my encounters with them and the post traumatic stress that's resulted. Ignorance is bliss as they say, and I've tried to self medicate them away, I've prayed to God only to hear no response and have no resolve from demonic attacks. It's depressing to come to the terms that demons are allowed free reign on earth to cause havoc, I so badly don't want to believe they exist, but trust me if you were to go in and watch a true exorcism, if you study the book of "Enoch", Babylonian Civilization, Baal Worship, Witchcraft, Vodoo to name a few you will come to complete undeniable knowledge that a spiritual realm exists and influences this planet daily, some good , some evil.
I have had doors slam out of nowhere on me, lights flicker constantly, I to this day do not sleep at night, because I feel a haunting presence that follows me everywhere I go, and when I am asleep I fear the worst because I'm defenseless. I have had health problems so bizarre I've had doctors shake their head and just say "we have no clue how or why this happening to you" I've had debilitating stomach problems, neurological issues of involuntarily full body spasms, sleep paralysis states where I'm unaware of whether im in a dream or in reality, I've seen sets of numbers 11:11 , and 666 almost everywhere I go. I even wake up to the clock at 1:11, or 11:11.. if and when I do get random sleep.
I had an experience where I could not swallow for about 3 or 4 months straight. I could barely eat, and had to sip very gently any form of nutrition or I would be in severe pain. ( there was no medical reason for this) At night I would go into suspended type states, where my entire spine/neck became crooked, and a very evil entity would attack different organs, and all I could do was cry and scream for help. I ended up living on my own, because my family couldn't handle seeing my in the state I was in.
I've had moments of extreme sadness/despair where all I could think of was commiting suicide, that in a heartbeat ( as if a switch was pulled) would than send me into a state of complete rage, where I had anger and energy to take on 3 or 4 full grown men. And the only music I could listen to was hateful, violent and rageful. I'd have moments where I would be consumed by a demon, and start carving masonic symbols into my desk.
By typing all of this, you probably think I'm either crazy, or possessed. I can tell you, I have been a stern believer in God since I was very young, I have prayed and experienced Jesus Christ before. And I want to believe he has the power to rid all demonic influence from my life. But the more and more this happens, and the more and more I decline in my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health the more I am beginning to feel like When I backslid, I went too far and God's spirit left me forever. And now I feel like a ghost wandering around in limbo, in some place I don't even recognize as home, where I will constantly be tortured by these things. Demons are real, they are Satan's foot soldiers, who serve no purpose but to parasitically leach off people, harm people, deceive people. They are here right now, and are behind every single paranormal experience that is associated with darkness, harm, violence, pain, trauma etc...
My heart go out to all of you who have had your lives haunted and destroyed by these things, It breaks me that I can't even offer good advice on how to get rid of them, because I have become so confused and overwhelmed by whether things like orgonite, crosses, white candles, certain prayers even work. Sometimes I feel like we all have our demons, the ones who overcome them are the ones who have healthy outlets, support systems and divine intervention. I just wish God would help me, and help anyone who's asked for it but hasn't received it, I want to have faith, but It's slipping

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
Do you mean schizophrenia/Mental heatlh issues?

I don't think demonic posession exists does it?

Well, that's what the occultists who control the medical industry would like us to believe...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nuclear Paul- You're dead on with that one. Even though It's true mental illness can be different than demonic possession, I agree that occultists control everything on this planet. The bible says It is the "Devil's world" so it would make sense that those who knowingly or unknowingly pledge allegiance to him would have power to control worldly affairs that fall in line with what the Devil wants.
I've actually always had a belief deep down, that even mental illness cannot simply be chalked up to "chemical imbalance of the brain" that needs strong sedating drugs. But rather people get ill, because we are spiritual beings, who are very sensitive to both positive and negative energies ( we're like antennas) we pick up on frequencies, and we are living in a very , very sick environment where our food, water air we breathe are poison, so our brains don't function properly in harmony, and at peace with what is. I also believe one can manifest symptoms of mental illness that are not fully exclusive and can have spiritual implications, being the demonic realm can create overwhelming depression in an individual seemingly on command and without warning

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

When I was younger, like 17 I practiced some witch craft. A passing fad. Well ever since then I've had weird things happen. The most common is long and slightly painful scratch marks that appear randomly on my body. Dont' get me wrong it's only a fews times a year now. It use to be more frequent at one time. But I just got one the other day again infact. Before then I hadn't had one in quit some time. But they are REAL. But in the 21 years this has been going on I figured something out. Demons are NOTHING! They're so not worth worrying about. They're like bugs, they have so little power, so little influence and are not to be feared. That is taking into account that I say that based on being a Christian. But it was a very eye opening thing. Actually it helped me to realize that God and Satan/demons are real. But again, I know this sounds weird. Like out of a movie. but it's been going on with me for like 21 years now. And I've learned not to fear these pathetic creatures. Regardless of these stupid scratch marks. Bet you don't hear that everyday ahh? ha ha. so no don't practice with weegee boards and don't do that stuff. It's risky business and oppression can result, and even if you become a Christian the oppression might not go away. But ya I'm 38 now and I feel like I'm 70. I feel like I've gone through a lot in my life, both spiritually and in the real world. But regardless of the weird things in life, life goes on and you learn to face your fears reguardless of what they are or how they appear.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

What a compelling story you have!

Am I correct that you have tried to get rid of the demons using candles, rituals, etc. all on your own?

Even if you feel your faith is no longer strong enough to battle these demons, have you thought about getting a priest or demonologist to come get rid of them for you?

I would consider this very strongly. They seem to have taken you over, and the longer you wait, the worse it will get... until they get you to commit suicide. They want your soul. Don't let them win!

edit on 7/28/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Same thing goes for you that I posted above.

If this demon is scratching you, you need to send it back to hell!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Well, this is a sensitive subject for me as it stretches to the edge of my open (opened actually) mind. I had a guy I spoke to on the phone for business tell me I was under demonic attack.

He was a mystic Christian with signs of mental illness, like autism. He told me, over a period of weeks, that he had prayed for me to try to chase it away. I blew it off because it was crazy, but some really weird synchronicities happened that made me pause... and then he died... a few weeks ago.

Before that my roommate was chased away by paranormal events... stuff appearing, personal stuff missing and the old electric cold chill that froze both of us one afternoon. The events were even odder because they seemed almost designed to increase tension between us and isolate us.

I won't go into details as they are personal even on an anonymous forum, but they were remarkable events and my arch skeptic friend (masters degrees, strident atheist) admitted something paranormal was going on. Now I'm not exactly worried, but the thought "what if...?" does occur to me sometimes... I really don't see myself getting an exorcism. or going to church as I don't believe in religion and find it all ridiculous... but what if?

Oh and I forgot the part where I felt like something grabbed my heart... which is why I even replied, DBlade... and of course it was when I was thinking of the possible dark thingy. Your stroke like fit and nosebleed reminded me. And I know that a stroke for you and a heart attack for me are the likeliest possibilities... but I didn't feel that was the answer for me, but perhaps denial? That could go both ways.

Really, if this stuff exists what should I do but laugh at it? Weird ...
edit on 7/28/2013 by Baddogma because: stuff

edit on 7/28/2013 by Baddogma because: more stuff and regrets for even posting this in the first place

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Don't regret posting these things.
This is how we examine and learn.

A stroke thought did occure to me, however, doing what I do, and being as I am, I am pretty sure this was not a stroke.

I suppose it is a possible answer, but along with all of the other paranormal events in my life, this follows those paths much more. I had no after effects which a stroke would most likely cause.
I had to go research strokes after to see if that is what I had, I am pretty certain it was not.

Sometimes these things are very hard to believe, but it was my 2nd encounter with something of this nature within a 6 month time frame,
although it was the first time it tried to actually take me over.

Don't regret posting anything

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hey sled, how's it going?? I'm curious, what this shaped like a human?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hi, thanks for your story!!

I was reading your reply, and yes, it is difficult to understand what you are describing, as I'm sure it's even more difficult for you to explain it!! Was it almost like a seizure? Or just a blackout? Would you say that in your dream you were a werewolf? Or something different? Is this your only experience, or have you had others?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Hi
thanks for sharing...

You describe your entity as being a shadow... what shape did it take on, or was it more like a mist? Did it just come and go as it pleased, or were there just certain times it would appear, or around certain people? Ever make out what it was whispering? Are there any specific experiences with this entity that you've encountered that stick out above the rest? Is this the only entity you've encountered? Also, do you practice witchcraft? Just curious...

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Please, private message me if you'd like to share, as I would love to hear!!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join