It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Sextile ~ Star of David ~ July 29th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

To astrologers ,yes,its very rare . I cannot even find a date for the last time it occurred .

www.planetary-aspects.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
That's what makes it relevant to us...it's the position of the planets relative to the earth that exerts the influence.

I'll take exception to the use of the word "position" in that sentence.
A better word would be something like "geocentric angle".
The difference being that "position" implies that the location of the planets in space form the star of david pattern. But since all planets are NOT the same distance from the earth (and those pictures show) this cannot be true.

The only thing that can be said about this alignment is that if you completely ignore Mercury, Mars and Uranus, then the other planets could be said to be *approximately* spaced around at 60 degree angles.

I say *approximately* there, because thats all it is, and not "perfect equal angles" as PtolemyII asserted in another posting. (or is he really really going to insist they are 60.00000000000000000000000 degrees??)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by caitlinfae

While normal people may boo-hoo this - the occults in TPTB live for this stuff.

They make their big moves during these "astrological" occurrences - waiting for something really gruesome to occur, for their pleasure.

It must be fun to live in a fantasy world.... People need to pull their heads out of their butts.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The only thing that can be said about this alignment is that if you completely ignore Mercury, Mars and Uranus, then the other planets could be said to be *approximately* spaced around at 60 degree angles.

Not on Earth.
At dawn in Los Angeles on the 29th here are the azimuths of the planets

Mercury 80º
Venus 58º
Mars 82º
Jupiter 83º
Saturn 359º
Neptune 241º
Uranus 219º

Those angles don't change much in a day's time or with your location on our planet but I don't see any of them which are even close to 60º from another.

edit on 7/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Great post.

It took me some time to work this one out and, after having finally put the moon at 5' Taurus there it was and then I saw your link and up came the chart. I have a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead and when I get the time I will read it with enthusiasm.

One thing that has to be taken into accound is that this star is in the negative signs which is interesting as perhaps it will be a reaction to something about to break.

Again thank you for a great post. I did reply to another thread on this topic but the date was earlier than the 29th so the moon was not a factor.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The two trines occur betgween 5' and 12' in Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, the water trine and 5' to 9' in Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus. Why a non astrologer may not recognize this is that the moon moves through Taurus and will align with the 5' to 9' in the earth signs so will be in aspect for a few hours. The earth is used as the centre of the circle from which we look out at the planets. If you take your measurements from there you will see the Star of David formation.

Those who are interested in astrology will find this fascinating and historic. Those who don't it doesn't matter, we are all free to think (at the moment) what we like.

Astrology was a very important science and art to huge swathes of societies all around the world using it; with different peoples having made up the zodiac with their own indigenous names for the signs but the measurements of the planets all correspond. It is still a tool for those who believe in it which are Crown heads and many in business/politics and of course those who have studied it. The Church has been an instrument along with the media purely to keep the common man away from something that these people use as a predictive service. But astrology has been in existence far longer than any form of desert religion and many people follow it but keep their interest hidden. The sun sign astrology in the media is nothing but a form of ridicule to make the masses laugh.
The Church considers any form of prediction as a threat, despite prediction and prophesy being a huge part of the Bible.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by Phage

Unreal. Your ignorance on the subject is bottomless,so why do you comment ?
The lines are mathematical angles. Astrology is largely mathematical ,as you obviously don't know .

exactly! phage (tch tch) has obviously not studied astrology or he would not call it nonsense.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

The two trines occur betgween 5' and 12' in Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, the water trine and 5' to 9' in Virgo, Capricorn and Taurus.

As I understand it a trine consists of two bodies with an aspect of 120º. You are speaking of two trines. Is two pairs of planets (each with an aspect of 120º to each other) or three planets, each of which is 120º from the other?

Which planets compose these trines? How much of an error is allowable in determining the existence of a trine?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If you take the zodiac to consist of 360' degrees the maths make sense with the 120' which make a triangle.

Two separate triangles are formed both within 6 different signs.

You divide the circle by 12 which gives you 30' for each sign. Can I suggest you follow up the 1-uv.com link provided by ntech and you will see the pattern causing the interest drawn there on the chart.

It takes some 25000+ years for the whole zodiac to move around to come back exactly to the 'chosen' starting point which gives an indication of the time scale involved in the zodiac (and probably why is it such a fascinating subject for me due to the time the knowledge has taken to evolve). You will have deduced from this why we talk of different ages because it takes 2000+ years to move through one sign, hence now you are in the age of Aquarius.

We may not be aligned as we originally were initially but the whole cosmos is moving and we progressively move with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

If you take the zodiac to consist of 360' degrees the maths make sense with the 120' which make a triangle.

Two separate triangles are formed both within 6 different signs.
That's obvious, if you ignore the fact that the actual constellations are not the same size. But isn't it the positions of the planets within the zodiac which is supposed to be significant?

It takes some 25000+ years for the whole zodiac to move around to come back exactly to the 'chosen' starting point.
I am aware of precession of the equinoxes. Who chose the starting point for the circle?

hence now you are in the age of Aquarius.
I seem to find quite a bit of controversy among astrologers on that point.

We may not be aligned as we originally were initially but the whole cosmos is moving and we progressively move with it.
Yes, but not so you'd notice. Precession of the equinoxes is not due to our movement through the cosmos. It is due to the wobble in Earth's axis.

I asked you three questions. You answered none.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
If Phage and alpha1 are against it, then I'm for it.

- PS

Isn't Saturn lovely these days?

I like your attitude son, you'll go far.

As far as this thing not aligning into anything in particular...who says the whole shebang is to be viewed from an imaginary spot directly above the Solar System as in alpha's diagram?

If looking from a point on Earth, the shape would change completely. And since we are all living on Earth...

As an aside and possibly unrelated...does anyone else think it's very odd that the coldest place yet measured in our entire Solar system is actually on our very own little moon?

Not Pluto, not Neptune's moon Triton, not Europa...but little Luna...i find that quite strange...just thought i'd add that titbit since we're discussing Solar system thingies.

edit on 26-7-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7

Astrology was a very important science and art to huge swathes of societies all around the world using it; with different peoples having made up the zodiac with their own indigenous names for the signs but the measurements of the planets all correspond. It is still a tool for those who believe in it which are Crown heads and many in business/politics and of course those who have studied it. The Church has been an instrument along with the media purely to keep the common man away from something that these people use as a predictive service. But astrology has been in existence far longer than any form of desert religion and many people follow it but keep their interest hidden. The sun sign astrology in the media is nothing but a form of ridicule to make the masses laugh.
The Church considers any form of prediction as a threat, despite prediction and prophesy being a huge part of the Bible.

Note trying to preach here really, but for clarification purposes, the desert people known as the Hebrews were told, as they have it, by their god, that the monthly prognosticators were blowing smoke up their collective backsides, and taking advantage of folks, with claims that they could predict events by the stars. That this "craft" gave them a certain "power" considering that most people didn't know anything about it anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I seem to find quite a bit of controversy among astrologers on that point.

For something that's totally legit, and completely based on math and reality, I find it funny that I can go see 3 astrologers and get 3 different readings. Where exactly do you study astrology? The medieval section of the public library?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The allowance for aspects or 'error' is normally 8' though some may vary this.

A trine consists of three plants each 120' apart (allowing the 8') etc so Jupiter @7' Cancer is trine Saturn @ 5" Scorpio which is trine Neptune @ 4" Pisces which is trine Cancer. hence your Grand Trine.

The zodiac was traditionally laid out back in Sumerian times and there have been different ways of displaying it but it is the path the sun takes throughout the year as the earth travels around the sun.

Interpretation is done by the position of the planets within the 360' circle projected out around the earth.

The chosen starting point is 0' Aries. I don't know who picked it or who started the zodiac initially because it goes back thousands of years and throughout numerous peoples who all have their different traditions.

Yes astrologers do disagree on certain things, would you not say that that is quite normal do all artists agree with their colleagues or scientists agree?

It is a subject that some chose to study and enjoy, its not for everyone but discussing it occasionally brings up interesting and different points of view.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Shiloh7

Note trying to preach here really, but for clarification purposes, the desert people known as the Hebrews were told, as they have it, by their god, that the monthly prognosticators were blowing smoke up their collective backsides, and taking advantage of folks, with claims that they could predict events by the stars. That this "craft" gave them a certain "power" considering that most people didn't know anything about it anyway.

Answering a question isn't preaching but you can take it however you wish.

You will find that the Hebrews mostly liked to do their divination with the entrails of animals and dreams etc. The priests carried the traditional of astrology down through the ages in all the desert religions because the complicated maths needed for the calculations could only be done by educated men.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Ok. Here's the 29th. No lines.

www.fourmilab.ch...

OK, what is your Point?. The lines and image are not relevent. It is progressive over a period of time. Invision the old tennis table top arcade game. Then you have to mark it out as a prossesion. Again you post a static for a moving event over a period of time.
edit on 26-7-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Because he only feels superior to everyone by belittling their alleged nutty beliefs.
Just because the actual topic is completely unknown to him,is not an issue ,to him .
*gigglies*

Seems he went and looked some of it up now......so he now understands it alll ....*gigglies again*

. It takes years to understand ephemeral calculation .
The computer ,and Wikipedia has made it all so much easier.

I learned with paper ,a pencil ,and a published ephemeris for the year .

Lol

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You might want to look again .on July 29th,as today,the sun is in Leo .
Anyone born on July 29th ,will be a Leo ,as the sun is in Leo ,making Leo ,their SUN SIGN .
its why they're call sun signs .
Some people follow the moon ,and what the moon was in when you are born ....
Leo is from I believe July 21 thru august 22nd ... The cusp is always around the 21st 22nd of the month .
*rolls eyes*
Again ,clueless .

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

A trine consists of three plants each 120' apart (allowing the 8') etc so Jupiter @7' Cancer is trine Saturn @ 5" Scorpio which is trine Neptune @ 4" Pisces which is trine Cancer. hence your Grand Trine.

That's a bit different from the definitions I've found of a trine. They say that a trine occurs when two objects have an aspect of 120º.

But using that 8º margin. Those trines have been and and will be in place for a while. Those outer planets don't move across the sky very fast.

The zodiac was traditionally laid out back in Sumerian times and there have been different ways of displaying it but it is the path the sun takes throughout the year as the earth travels around the sun.
I understand that the zodiacal constellations lie on the ecliptic but I thought the zodiac as we know it (with 12 divisions) was developed by the Babylonians, about 3,000 years ago. More recent than the Sumerian civilization.

Yes astrologers do disagree on certain things, would you not say that that is quite normal do all artists agree with their colleagues or scientists agree?
Scientist may disagree on theory but when it comes to empirical things like measurements they are pretty much in agreement. In 1929 astronomers defined the edges of the constellations. By doing so they are able agree that the "age of Aquarius", when the vernal equinox will occur within the boundaries of Aquarius, will not begin for about 600 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

You might want to look again. The Sun is in the constellation Cancer.

A thousand years ago it would have been in Leo at this time of year but because of the precession of the Equinoxes it is now in Cancer. Western astrologers don't really care about that though, except when the discussion of "ages" comes up.

www.livescience.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join