It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object hits wind turbine 2009.Similar object photographed 5000 miles away July 2013.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The first hand accounts of the two separate sightings "first in Louth,Lincolnshire,Eng and the other in Auburn,CA" are eerily similar.

The first happened back in 2009,but what got me was the description some eyewitnesses gave which was

John Harrison, another witness, described how he looked out of his landing window and saw a “massive ball of light with tentacles going right down to the ground over the wind farm.

Not sure if anyone saw this yet but on the 14th of July 2013 there was a similar sighting that was photographed in Auburn,CA

Witness Statement: Steven Trail

My friends and I were on a hike on a popular trail in Auburn, California, when we decided to stop and rest about a mile down the trail. There is a rock that protrudes from the mountainside that overlooks most of the canyon and river below that is ideal for photographs and provides a large vantage point of the surrounding mountains. We were all taking turns doing yoga at this vantage point and taking pictures with an iPhone 4, and reviewing them immediately after. Upon reviewing the clarity of several of the photos that were taken seconds apart, we noticed an unusual object in the sky in one of the photos that did not appear in the pictures taken seconds before and after. The object appears to be a diamond shape with two narrow appendages protruding from the bottom and has a metallic appearance due to the reflection of the sun. We all climbed as high as we could to see if the object could still be seen with no such luck. There was very little breeze and we saw no further aircraft or any kind of balloon for the duration of the hike. If we had not captured the object in that very brief moment, we would have most likely never seen the object as it made no noticeable sound, left no apparent trail in the sky on a nearly cloudless day, and it disappeared from sight immediately. We are not sure what the object is, but it appears to be large in size due to the focus in the foreground vs the slight blur of the object over the horizon line.

That pic is freaky you can almost make out some sort of structure on the front,to me looks like some sort of focal point.Weapon?Sensor?

Mr Linky
edit on 26-7-2013 by canDarian because: CIA Did It!!!

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No object hit the wind turbine, it was a bolt failure. There was a fireworks display at the time which seems to have confused some people.

www.louthleader.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...:in%20body%20link

The picture from California would appear to be a bug close to the camera. An important clue is that no one noticed anything at the time the picture was taken. A wasp perhaps.
farm5.staticflickr.com...
edit on 7/26/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   
Looks like a giant metal squid.

Could be a Mylar ballon of some kind although doesn't exactly match the eye witness account .
(would of been slow moving and visible )
edit on 26-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

link   
I would say it was something along these lines...

Rod's

edit on 26-7-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It looks like some type of flying insect to me with it's wings folded down during the picture. I was wondering if some type of bee or wasp would look like that in flight.

It is at an odd angle. I'm not sure what kind of other large flying bugs may be in the area.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No object hit the wind turbine, it was a bolt failure. There was a fireworks display at the time which seems to have confused some people.

www.louthleader.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...:in%20body%20link

The picture from California would appear to be a bug close to the camera. An important clue is that no one noticed anything at the time the picture was taken. A wasp perhaps.
farm5.staticflickr.com...

I know about the turbine,the fact that over 20+ witnesses came forward out of their own volition,I find it hard to believe they just made it up.

As for it being a bug,explain to me how it's clearly behind him yet out of focus,if that's a bug then I should put this in the crypto forum as well because that's the biggest bug I ever saw.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by canDarian

I know about the turbine,the fact that over 20+ witnesses came forward out of their own volition,I find it hard to believe they just made it up.
Who said anyone made anything up? But how many reported an "octopus"?

As for it being a bug,explain to me how it's clearly behind him yet out of focus,if that's a bug then I should put this in the crypto forum as well because that's the biggest bug I ever saw.

It isn't clearly behind him.
It's clearly in front of him.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

normally i regard you as a little sense in a mad world. however the object is CLEARLY behind him.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Who said anyone made anything up? But how many reported an "octopus"?

Since you have all the answers tell us.

It isn't clearly behind him.
It's clearly in front of him.

I guess it must be true then LOL,your science is astounding...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

What is it about the image which indicates that?
Is it because you think it looks large?
webdesignledger.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
reply to post by Phage

normally i regard you as a little sense in a mad world. however the object is CLEARLY behind him.

I agree it looks like it's behind the person.

Not sure what it is but the thing is in the distance.
edit on 26-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Dunno what that thing is... looks like it flew outta his butt. haha

but seriously, why is that guy doing a elbow/knee stand on rocks...just struck me as funny.

berkeleygal. roasting in hell (phoenix)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

but seriously, why is that guy doing a elbow/knee stand on rocks

Because he's a manly man.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
come on..really?
a bug?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If the object is outside of the focal range of the camera, either behind or ahead, it will appear blurry. It does not immediately indicate that the object is behind and at a distance. The simplest answer, and the most probable is it's a bug.

Example:
If the peanut at the front was in the air and slightly smaller, it may create the optical illusion that it is part of the background.

IRM

edit on 26/7/13 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
He was doing Yoga.

You would expect a lot more detail if the object was within 9ft of the lens or if it was extremely close to the lens you would expect it to obscure the photo and actually overlap with the background subject.

And yes I'm familiar with the Ames room.This is hardly forced perspective,using illumination,occlusion,reflection and shading it's pretty evident the object is actually in the background.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

i agree, it is quite obvious.
what it is i dont know.
but a bug? dont think so.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian
He was doing Yoga.

You would expect a lot more detail if the object was within 9ft of the lens

No you wouldn't. It would be out of focus, ergo, no detail. Couple that with a slower shutter/ISO and you can add some blur to that focus. In any case, we can't inspect he EXIF data without access to the original image. While we can't really prove either way, I think the most sensible option is to run with the likeliest scenario.

IRM

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I guess these must be fireflies.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Greetings earthlings, we have traveled the universe for eons and have finally found signs of life. We are willing to share our secrets on ending war and hunger and will also show you how to travel in time. Splat....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join