It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Da Bee's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hey fellas,

I'm really worried about the whole bee hives collapsing thing. I don't have long and I think most of the people who keep up with this site will know the consequences of us killing off the bee population.

What is it like 89% of the worlds food supply can ONLY be pollinated by bees?

Well since I'm not real hopeful that congress or the government will take real action on this front. I have an idea that may help.

I've looked into bee keeping and apparently it's not hard at all. So, my plan is really really simple.
If enough of us regular folks start keeping bees. Then maybe we'll give the little buggers a chance to evolve a resistance to what ever craziness were doing too em.

What do ya'll think?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

I don't think you could isolate your own private bees from the pollen floating all through the air, indefinitely. Can bees be contained in such a way? Seems as if they would eventually be exposed to whatever had already killed off all the other bees, if in fact all the other bees had died.

There is a beekeeper who posts here, perhaps he will chime in.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Save the bee's what? (sorry, extraneous apostrophes get to me)

CCD occurs in cultivated beehives just as it does in wild hives so I'm not sure your plan would work.

But from what I know about beekeeping (not a lot), it is a very worthwhile pastime/avocation/business/vocation/hobby for a wide variety of reasons.

link   

I admire your love for the bee's,and totally agree for colonies to regrouped.I have an apple tree and pear trea in my yard and a nice garden.I need me bee's.

link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I admire your love for the bee's

For the bee's what?
Their knees?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

For the bee's needs I fathom....unless robotic bee's take over?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

I don't think you could isolate your own private bees from the pollen floating all through the air, indefinitely. Can bees be contained in such a way? Seems as if they would eventually be exposed to whatever had already killed off all the other bees, if in fact all the other bees had died.

There is a beekeeper who posts here, perhaps he will chime in.

I'm not talking about me engineering my own resistant bees. Just that if enough of us bought, kept and if they died bought more. Then maybe we could give them the chance to evolve on there own. If we keep breeding them and introducing them into the environment. Sooner or later Mr. Darwins theory would kick in. Right?

new topics

top topics

join