It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Thor tells O'Reilly NSA is Recording ALL of our Phone Converstions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by whyamIhere

I watched the first minute, where the guy said that Snowden could have taken his concerns to his superiors, and I switched it off. The guy is yet another propagandist talking head, clearly knows little, and is basically finding a middle ground to try to please a majority without getting himself into trouble.

The fact is, Obama's admin has attacked more whistleblowers than all previous US administrations in history combined. He preached about supporting whistleblowers before being elected, and did the same thing he did on every other important issue - backtracked and reversed.

No whistleblower in America can possibly ever have faith in the system to do what's right. The guy talking in this video is a shill, a hack, a self-publicist and a scum ball. He's either ignorant to the facts of this story, or he's deliberately lying on camera.

I got the exact opposite read of him. This is a person who's security minded (but doesn't understand the security violations happening), who doesn't realize that Snowden had no other options, and has likely never heard of people like Wiebe or Tice which have tried to fix things internally and were punished for it. He's not a person that's opposed to these NSA programs, and even he is left stunned by the revelation of just how far this surveillance goes.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by opethPA

Since I am assuming your reply above was tongue in cheek.

No I really have a bookmarked section entitled surveillance. Where I keep all the info members present about ways we can be tracked and monitored. Yours was worthy. I might use it again sometime if you don't mind...

(this is a compliment)

Thanks and sorry if I came off childish there.
I think that the scenario I painted is a really tough spot for some people.
The somewhat distrusting nature of people makes them automatically assume everything gets abused all the time.
It's naive to think that abuse doesn't happen but I think it just as wrong to think its the only thing that happens.

I would like to believe that what we deal with in the private sector is the same as the Federal Govt.

<< 1  2   >>

join